A New Demo!
This article was originally published in blog:
A New Demo!
It's been a little over a year since we released the last of the free-version updates, and made that our demo.
However, a lot has happened in that year, and I think everyone will agree that KSP isn't the same game as it was back then. And version 0.13.3 isn't a good sample anymore of what KSP is today.
So, with that in mind, we decided it was about time we got out a new demo, so new players can get a better sense of what KSP is all about, and hopefully buy the full version afterwards.
This new demo is based on KSP 0.18.2, so it has all the newer systems, with several restrictions, of course. Here are the main differences:
* Saves are limited to a single demo profile, plus a few scenarios and tutorials.
* Part Loading is limited to the 25 Stock ones included.
* Plugin loading is disabled.
* Kerbin, the Mun and the Sun are the only celestial bodies.
* The Spaceplane Hangar and Runway facilities are inaccessible.
* You can only launch three simultaneous missions before being required to end flights to launch another.
We've revised the tutorials and scenarios so they work with the demo parts set. We've also included two demo-compatible stock rockets.
The new demo is also compiled in Unity 4, so it should have much smoother performance. We will soon release the 18.4 patch (18.3 is the demo), which brings the full version over to unity 4 as well.
You can get the new demo at our Download page.