KSP Team Updates
- Felipe (Harvester): Big advancements with R&D. Added a system to allow experiments to output different results based on where you are on the planet (currently only available on Kerbin), so an experiment run on a desert will have different results than the same one done at the ice caps. There is enough to talk about there for a full dev blog entry, so stay tuned for something later. Also had a second pass at the tech tree design with Chad the other day, and we finished assigning all stock parts to their tech nodes. We also repurposed the old avionics nose cone part to be an atmospheric sensor array experiment (it had become obsolete after the SAS revision), and revised the efficiency of charging batteries by running the engines. Transmitting data requires mad amounts of power. Today I’m focusing on improvements to the UI texts that provide feedback when transmitting data, to make it as informative and intuitive as possible.
- Rob (N3X15): Reworking front page and plugin listing formatting so it looks less wonky, dealing with attacks on forums, helping Alex with server migration and discovering the sun again after cycling back into a regular sleep schedule. Building up resolve to tackle the mod details page.
- Chad (C7): I’m working on new art assets for the R&D update (see below for a sample). In order to transmit data back to Kerbin, you’ll need some nice, and powerful antennas. I’ve been busy modelling, and animating the new parts. I’ve finished a deployable panel based dish, and I’m working on an upgraded radial dish today.
- Alex (aLeXmOrA): Worked on the Forums migration to a new server. It took a little bit, but we wanted to make sure everything was working fine. However, we got hacked and we had to restore everything. Now it seems to be working smoothly and without any issues.
- Marco (Samssonart): I integrated the launcher workflow with the main game, now there will be a show/hide toggle for the launcher in the game’s settings screen too. A few bugs have started surfacing though.
- Daniel (DanRosas): I’ve been animating.
- Mike (Mu): I’ve been doing more optimisation work, a lil bug fixing and assisting with the implementation of the new buildings at KSC.
- Ted (Ted): I've been continuing with Branch Testing - Chad's new module has run through the process and looks awesome. Additionally, we've been Testing out Artyom's outstanding revisions to the KSC, not to mention the extensive R&D building!
- Miguel (Maxmaps): Dealt with the info regarding the migration, did Squadcast episode 2 and started work on episode 3 to air this Friday. Also planning our content calendar with a whole bunch of events we’ll talk about once we’re a bit closer to them.
- Bob (Calisker): Holiday planning as well as trying to finalize dates for a trip to D.F. Also, working on something Linux related for an upcoming story on Linux gaming, since you know Valve apparently likes Linux too these days.
For your chance to be featured in the next KSP Weekly send xPDxTV a private message containing a link to the forums, imgur, youtube, spaceport or wherever you have your fan creations hidden away! We want to see your screenshots, animations, drawings, videos, cinematics , mods and everything else! Mod creators: to help give all of your mods justice; if you would like to appear on the mod showcase to talk about your mod please include that in your message.