• Content Creators - Partner with Kerbal Space Program

We’re proud to announce our new program in which your work as a creator and a supporter of Kerbal Space Program can be recognized and supported through cold hard cash.

Sign up to be an affiliate with KSP, earning money for each viewer you bring to the game. To be more specific, we’re going to pay for each new player that clicks on your affiliate link and buys KSP from our store.

This is the first time we’ve set up a program like this and hope it will be a successful one. We also are happy to work on making tweaks and updates to better serve your needs as a trusted partner. Please feel free to communicate directly with Maxmaps and me on this program as we want it to be a success for all of us. Please note this program only applies to external content, not that which is on our forums, social media sites or website, etc. This is focused on YouTubers, streamers or other content that you're creating and sharing with your own community.

We will need you to sign up and be approved for this program but once approved, you should be ready to get your links and start letting your viewers know they’re supporting you when they buy KSP through your own special link.

Click here to sign up: http://affiliates.kerbalspaceprogram.com.

And track how you’re doing here: http://buy.kerbalspaceprogram.com.

Thanks.

****UPDATE: In case I wasn't clear in the initial post - this is a TEST program. We are going to see how this works and decide after a period of time if it is something we will continue. We reserve the right to cap the number of participants, to change the program, including ending it. We hope this is something beneficial for all of us and appreciate your patience. Thanks for your help. Thank you.****
    Comments 58 Comments
      The Jedi Master -
      Wait, we have to pay for mods now?!
      Rowsdower -
      Quote Originally Posted by The Jedi Master View Post
      Nope This has nothing to do with mods. Have you ever heard of or taken part of an amazon affiliate program or something similar? It's kind of like that. If you're a content creator and the content you make draws people to purchase KSP, you'll get a little kickback from that.
      Pulstar -
      No.

This merely means that a streamer may put a referral link somewhere on their stream page and he gets a slight cash injection for every person who buys KSP using that link.
      shadowsutekh -
      Well looks like I might have to start making videos about KSP now
      calisker -
      Pulstar is right. If a viewer of your content decides to buy KSP and does so through your link, we'll reward you for it.

Also, there are no strict requirements, other than that these links should be tied to content and coming through external sources (ie, not here on the Forum nor our Social Media channels).

This is really a test and we'll update as we learn more about it.
      The Jedi Master -
      Well, you know what assumptions make of you and me.
      Sirrobert -
      I like this, great idea.
      I'm sure there are a few people who got drawn to the game by amusing videos from the likes of Danny, it feels right to give something back to them
      longbyte1 -
      oh gosh affiliate links. I'm OK with them, as long as they're not spammed around on the web, and they give a slight discount to the buyer (10% off anyone?) as an incentive. However, I don't know how it would work with Steam; enter a key and get a Steam coupon for KSP?

Also Rowsdower, I think I happened to just be on the same Team Fortress 2 server you were one day. (pretty sure you're the only Rowsdower with that exact avatar and that plays a moderate amount of TF2).
      The Jedi Master -
      OK, this seems like a brilliant deal, I'll see if I can get Framerate Games on board. How will you get the small channels to get more views (more views=more clicks=more moolah)?
      GregroxMun -
      I think "content" should be changed to another word. "Content" implies mods, not videos.
      AlternNocturn -
      I've had ideas for a KSP video series, and it looks like it's time to put those to work...

...as soon as I can get video editing software and a microphone. D:
      The Jedi Master -
      IMPORTANT QUESTIONS:

1.How much money do we get per purchase?
      2.When do you send paychecks? $10? $100?
      Rowsdower -
      Quote Originally Posted by longbyte1 View Post
      oh gosh affiliate links. I'm OK with them, as long as they're not spammed around on the web, and they give a slight discount to the buyer (10% off anyone?) as an incentive. However, I don't know how it would work with Steam; enter a key and get a Steam coupon for KSP?

Also Rowsdower, I think I happened to just be on the same Team Fortress 2 server you were one day. (pretty sure you're the only Rowsdower with that exact avatar and that plays a moderate amount of TF2).
      I don't play TS2 ;)

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS:

1.How much money do we get per purchase?
      2.When do you send paychecks? $10? $100?
      I'll ask Calisker.
      longbyte1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
      I don't play TS2 ;)
      Oh okay, guess I was lucky enough to find another Rowsdower!
      KaBob -
      Quote Originally Posted by longbyte1 View Post

If they gave a discount for a referral link then they'd essentially be punishing people who buy the game normally.
      Natashjy -
      Disgusting.
      The Jedi Master -
      Quote Originally Posted by Natashjy View Post
      Disgusting.
      It's great for video people and Squad and gets more people playing KSP. How is that disgusting?
      PTNLemay -
      Disgusting.
      Squad is a company that needs an income to continue existing, Kerbal Space Program is their only product. They need to find new players to buy the game and continue supplying them with that income. That, or they start coming out with "expansion packs" where players will have to pay to get new features and updates. Ask yourself which of those options is worse. This is a fine way to spread the word and get new players into the community.
      Devo -
      Disgusting.
      Perhaps you missed the entire concept..

We for years have been promoting this game for free for Squad. Now, we can actually get paid for all the people that we referred, or at least 0.00001cents for it.

I think a more appropriate word than 'disgusting" would be "Overdue"
      astropapi1 -
      This was a great idea. About time if you ask me.