• Asteroid Day mod updated!

KasperVld

VL2C5yN.png

Hello everyone!

In celebration of tomorrow's Asteroid Day events we have updated the Asteroid Day mod to be compatible with Kerbal Space Program version 1.1.3!

Last year we partnered with the B612 Foundation to bring you the Asteroid Day mod which will add a space telelscope, a new experiment, and a unique contract.

The Sentinel Infrared Telescope mimics the real world Sentinel mission being planned by the B612 Foundation, which plans to map 90% of the larger asteroids threatening Earth's orbit sometime between 2018 and 2024. Due to sun glare it is difficult for telescopes on Earth to observe objects passing on the planet's day side. Deploying a telescope into a solar orbit near Venus and facing it away from the Sun, back towards Earth's orbit, would cover that blind spot.

Your mission will be to recreate this mission profile in Kerbal Space Program, deploying a telescope around Eve’s orbit. When deployed with an antenna and a power source between Eve and Kerbin, aligned to face away from the Sun, and activated, the telescope will begin to map the orbit of the outer planet in a 200° vision cone for passing asteroids.

This pack also includes a long-term contract to map asteroids around Kerbin as well as other planets that match various specifications. It differs from other contracts in that it encourages the use of existing infrastructure. It does not require a new vessel for each contract, and each scan is faster with more telescopes deployed.

In addition to the Asteroid Day mod we've also updated the Kerbin Cup official mod to be compatible with KSP 1.1.3!

Edited by KasperVld

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you so much, Squad!  I used to love parking the telescope inside Eeloo's orbit and pretending that I was mapping out a Kuiper Belt (with missions to go check it out, obviously).  I can't wait to try the mod and see if it still works!

I don't understand what this wasn't integrated into the game. It's a very nice asset, really in line with some asteroid contracts.

On 6/29/2016 at 11:48 PM, MrWalrus123 said:

Aren't all of the asteroid day parts already in 1.1.3?

no they arent theres no telescope and oder stuff