• Kerbal Space Program patch 1.1.2 is now live!

KasperVld

1.1 Turbo Charged

Hello everyone!

We noticed a number of issues persisted through the 1.1.1 patch earlier this week. We’re releasing patch 1.1.2 to address these issues before we head off to a long overdue vacation for the next couple of weeks. Patch 1.1.2 addresses issues with the user interface and landing legs, amongst others.

Here's the complete changelog:

=================================== v1.1.2 ============================================================
    * Fixed an issue with triggers and convexity in loading models.
    * Fixed exception in the Stage Only mode of Vessel Resources panel.
    * Fixed for LT-1 and LT-2 landing legs causing a physics jerk when retracting.
    * Fixed an issue where some vessels might explode on go to pad (introduced in 1.1.1).
    * Fixed an issue with PQS shader accessibility.
    * Optimized moment of inertia calculations and some matrix operations.
    * Fixed an issue with an offset in the small landing gear part.
    * Optimized drag calculations.
    * Made wheel autostrutting more configurable.
    * Fixed some display issues in KSPedia.
    * Fixed an issue in FlightLogger regarding reverting / loading saves.
    * Increased brake torque tweakable's upper limit to 200%.
    * Added editor tweakables for spring and damper strength for suspension.
    * Removed non-working "disable suspension" tweakable.
    * Fixed issue with popup dialogs sharing the same title which broke game loading when loading multiple vessels all lacking parts.
    * Removed unneeded image effects on UI camera for increased performance.
    * Fixed issue where IVA field of view changes applied to flight camera on exiting IVA.
    * Remove some garbage creation in Part.Update.
    * Fixed an issue where Kerbals on EVA rescue contracts weren't fully destroyed if the contract was not done. Added a check to clear any 'empty' EVA'd Kerbal vessels in existing saves.
    * Fixed an issue where Kerbals were able to be renamed through KB.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 5/9/2016 at 11:15 AM, Markush100 said:

this update just broke the game for me, guess i will have to play 1.0.5

Where does one find 1.0.5? I would like to play again, 1.1 broke my entire KSP

On 5/11/2016 at 10:14 AM, Remaggib said:

Where does one find 1.0.5? I would like to play again, 1.1 broke my entire KSP

What platform did you use to purchase the game?

1.1.2 kind of killed KSP for me. Every time I get in the mood to try it again and tinker a bit around in career it's a crash or bug or fight-with-the-engine that makes me "meh" and alt-F4 out with a bad feeling left behind. 

Modded or unmodded tons of performance and stability issues and, guess because of vacations of the team, no real recognisable communication with the community that I am aware of. The feeling of "hey its a broken update but we are working on it and do stuff"-feeling is not showing up at all. 

There was a reddit post some days ago that asked "Squad releases KSP 2. What would you want to be added to the game for that" or a similar header. I read only KSP 2 and thought "well even Squad gave up on that now".

Anything to cheer me up that I missed in recent KSP related developments?

1 hour ago, Darkstar One said:

1.1.2 kind of killed KSP for me. Every time I get in the mood to try it again and tinker a bit around in career it's a crash or bug or fight-with-the-engine that makes me "meh" and alt-F4 out with a bad feeling left behind. 

Modded or unmodded tons of performance and stability issues and, guess because of vacations of the team, no real recognisable communication with the community that I am aware of. The feeling of "hey its a broken update but we are working on it and do stuff"-feeling is not showing up at all. 

There was a reddit post some days ago that asked "Squad releases KSP 2. What would you want to be added to the game for that" or a similar header. I read only KSP 2 and thought "well even Squad gave up on that now".

Anything to cheer me up that I missed in recent KSP related developments?

I had some issues with it as well but, to my surprise, when I uninstalled and reinstalled it, its been working great! Havent had any issues with it since. Its great! Finally get to play again. I've no idea what you've done to try and remedy it but, if you havent tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, I would try that. You've nothing to lose save a bit of time and bandwith...

CM

I've also managed to work around some of the biggest bugs with success, surprisingly. 1.1 significantly broke my game as to be unplayable, but I think 1.1.2 actually helped.

My biggest issue was the CTD crashes that mainly only happened in the VAB, of which I'm actually pretty good at avoiding now. Another frustrating bug, the trashy collider's in U5, were making it impossible to dock without phantom forces. I created a workaround with HyperEdit for this. Finally, I rarely bother with rovers, so I never had a problem with rover wheels. The landing legs on the other hand I always use, but for some reason they never gave me a problem.

I wish I could fully explain what changed, because I know it couldn't have been just me, but I don't know what it was, other than maybe 1.1.2. All I can suggest is to keeptrying, 1.1 is worth it if you finally are able to get it stable enough. I run my game with 50 mods.

On 5/14/2016 at 0:54 PM, KocLobster said:

What platform did you use to purchase the game?

Steam, on PC

Edited by Remaggib

11 hours ago, Remaggib said:

Steam, on PC

Steam will automatically download the latest version. Make sure 'None' is selected under opt-in/pre-release.

No news? Look like more than two weeks to me and not a single official word on the forum from squad or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, brusura said:

No news? Look like more than two weeks to me and not a single official word on the forum from squad or am I missing something?

They're on vacation for three weeks. Expect them back next week.

40 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

They're on vacation for three weeks. Expect them back next week.

Ah thanks! So three weeks good to know, not two or couple

Definitively got some issues still, but sort of playable at least. I got phantom forces apparently at times, its scary when your orbit slowly increases while you desperately try to dock.. :)
    Some other phantom forces killed Jeb on EVA on Kerbin while in time acceleration, and dont know how many landing legs I've destroyed by walking into them.
    Occasional crashes without anything showing up in log, it just instantly dies.

Btw, I play KSP 64bit on Ubuntu Linux, 16.04, with -force-glcore33 as I got intel gfx :(