• Kerbal Space Program to hit XBox One and PlayStation 4 in July!

KasperVld

xbox.jpg

Hello everyone!

We have big news to share with you today: as things stand Kerbal Space Program will be releasing on XBox One and Playstation 4 next month! After months of hard work we're finally ready to share the exciting adventures of our little green Kerbals with tens of millions more gamers around the world, hopefully inspiring them in the same way we've seen PC players affected by our game over the last four years.

"Following the huge success Kerbal Space Program has had on PC with players and critics alike, we want to give console players the opportunity to play Kerbal Space Program in this redefined user experience. It has been a long road but finally we are confident of the quality of the game on consoles. An awesome control experience awaits you, as well as easier access to the wonderful world of space exploration, where even exploding is a lot of fun. We invite everyone to enjoy the excitement of flying rockets built by yourself, landing on planets and much more!"

- Ezequiel Ayarza, CEO

Of course, we'd like to thank the amazing people at Flying Tiger for going down this road with us, and getting the game ready for release. We're expecting to give you a definitive release date in the coming week(s). Until then, fly safe!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Isn't the span of time between the announcement and the release a little short?

I guess that summer is a good release period and the go-nogo decisión has been made recently. Not complaining, I just don't know abut this things.

I wish you a smooth release.

Good luck with the release. I look forward to welcoming console players to the forums.

Any ideas if console players will be able to share and download other peoples craft? If not I foresee some major, major issues..

Edited by Majorjim

It would be neat if players with weak computers could build their craft on PC and ship it to Console.

I doubt Sony/Microsoft would let that happen, though.

18 minutes ago, waterlubber said:

It would be neat if players with weak computers could build their craft on PC and ship it to Console.

I doubt Sony/Microsoft would let that happen, though.

At least Sony allows Mods to be installed on PS4 for Fallout so I guess it's possible. Probably not directly from PC to Console but likely with the use of a website.

FINALLY!

I've been playing KSP since v0.11 but never had a gaming PC. The game was initially fine on my modest, old, laptop, but as graphics got elaborated and content expanded, my laptop just couldn't handle it. I can only play the current version on the lowest settings and still have my laptop start heating up. But I do have a PS4 and you can bet I'll be the first to buy it on PS4 as soon as it comes out! This is to hoping there aren't a lot of bugs.

Oh boy...pretty sure I know how this will play out.

All the same good luck with the release!

As for me, I think I'll start building a bunker right about now...

Is there the function to display TWR and ΔV to a screen?
    I think that KSP is developing now.

Anyway, I hope that the console edition succeeds! And I believe the future development and glory of the PC version!

mods wont work for consoles because they're written in .dll.  Besides why should PC modders spend the extra time when they barely have time to make the wonderful mods for us in the PC community?  

1 hour ago, shaboi said:

mods wont work for consoles because they're written in .dll.  Besides why should PC modders spend the extra time when they barely have time to make the wonderful mods for us in the PC community?  

They are in CIL, which is platform independent. I see a different challenge for modders: Building their mods against the console version of KSP might be difficult, as they'd need access to the dll files shipped with the console version, in order to build their plugins against them...

4 hours ago, shaboi said:

Fallout 4 for the Xbox One (not sure if avail for PS4 yet, but will be soon) currently allows you to download player made mods. It is a feature that was added toward the end of last month.

1 hour ago, GeoPhizzix said:

Fallout 4 for the Xbox One (not sure if avail for PS4 yet, but will be soon) currently allows you to download player made mods. It is a feature that was added toward the end of last month.

this isn't fallout.  mods for pc are already arduous as is.  why should a pc modder go through the extra work of coding for a bunch of console casuals.  sorry it's not going to happen.  

pc modders already have their hands full with bugfixes etc.  the amount of effort would to recode would be too great.  

22 minutes ago, vitorboschi said:

Will the changes made to better support a gamepad be backported to PC version? It would be nice to be able to use the only gamepad if I want to.

More generally, I'd like to see any general improvements made in the console version to appear in all versions. I will be disappointed if the work by Flying Tiger turns out to be a one-way street, and we're left with all versions of KSP 'missing something'.

Oh and Wii U version is due this winter.

yes!i have been waiting for this cuz i love this game because its so awesome  and i have an Xbox one so luck for the Xbox one and PS4 users!

great job Squad

:)

I think it would be cool for a special planet or something on console versions, but at the same time I wouldn't want to see the game pull a minecraft and be drastically different across platforms.

Although I think this is a huge jump for the game and I am glad to see it happen, but if you already have the game on PC would it transfer to console or is it a whole new buy altogether?