• Kerbal Space Program to hit XBox One and PlayStation 4 in July!

KasperVld

xbox.jpg

Hello everyone!

We have big news to share with you today: as things stand Kerbal Space Program will be releasing on XBox One and Playstation 4 next month! After months of hard work we're finally ready to share the exciting adventures of our little green Kerbals with tens of millions more gamers around the world, hopefully inspiring them in the same way we've seen PC players affected by our game over the last four years.

"Following the huge success Kerbal Space Program has had on PC with players and critics alike, we want to give console players the opportunity to play Kerbal Space Program in this redefined user experience. It has been a long road but finally we are confident of the quality of the game on consoles. An awesome control experience awaits you, as well as easier access to the wonderful world of space exploration, where even exploding is a lot of fun. We invite everyone to enjoy the excitement of flying rockets built by yourself, landing on planets and much more!"

- Ezequiel Ayarza, CEO

Of course, we'd like to thank the amazing people at Flying Tiger for going down this road with us, and getting the game ready for release. We're expecting to give you a definitive release date in the coming week(s). Until then, fly safe!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Any chance early PC supporters get a discount on console versions? My son and I compete on goals on Steam (I beat him to the moon but he beat me to Mars even though his crew was stranded) and recently my video card went belly up so I'm using my old card (GTX 260 aarrrgghhh), so a nice discount on PS4 will allow me to one up him. Isn't that why we have kids in the first place... to destroy them in sports and video games. ^_^

I hope that the console version for those that choose to play it has some sort of dv readout capability.  I can't envision too much success on consoles without them.

Personally I think this game will be too "slow" for 90% of console users. I did have a PS3 and XBox360 and loved playing on them however KSP would not have been in my collection.

KSP, imho is much better suited to a PC and I feel most console heads will agree. If I'm wrong, great! I'm not anti console at all, or anti Squad. Just think this wont workout as hoped......

Edited by maceemiller

20 hours ago, kenbobo said:

What happened to the Wii U version?

They may have decided it isn't worth it, the NX is coming next year (supposedly) so why not wait for that?  Even Nintendo has pretty much abandoned the Wii U now.

Edited by Alshain

On 1-7-2016 at 5:52 AM, Cornholio said:

I hope that the console version for those that choose to play it has some sort of dv readout capability.  I can't envision too much success on consoles without them.

The biggest problem would probably lack of Mod support which means you have to play without all tools , which can make the game a lot harder. Simply put the Difficulty spike will often be too high to allow casual players to enjoy it

In the beginning, there was Kerbal and PC, and the fanbase looked upon it and saw that it was good.

On the first update, Squad added Kerbol, and created the rift between darkness and light. The fanbase looked upon it and saw that it was good.

On the second update, Squad added Kerbin, a dark and lifeless mound, and split the mass into two; land and ocean. The fanbase looked upon it and saw that it was good.

. . .

On the 1013 update, Squad announced the nearing of next-gen. The fanbase looked upon it, spat upon it, and declared it stanketh. The fanbase declared it a useless waste, only to be served to the stultus puer who shall not witness the entirety and wholesomeness of the universe, at the same price. The PC fanbase declared it a mask of feces. The next gen base declared it the second coming.

Squad looked upon their wallets, and saw that it was good.

Edited by SpaceToad
    Grammar.

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 6:25 PM, Alshain said:

They may have decided it isn't worth it, the NX is coming next year (supposedly) so why not wait for that?  Even Nintendo has pretty much abandoned the Wii U now.

Actually, that's a really good point. I actually forgot about that, but I was really wondering what Wii U KSP would be like because of the gamepad. :P But who knows, we might get another crazy controller for NX. :D

On 7/2/2016 at 0:25 PM, Alshain said:

6 hours ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

Actually, that's a really good point. I actually forgot about that, but I was really wondering what Wii U KSP would be like because of the gamepad. :P But who knows, we might get another crazy controller for NX. :D

Here's a tweet from Kasper:

https://twitter.com/KasperVld/status/748980703975579648

Edited by kenbobo
    can't embed for some reason

1 minute ago, kenbobo said:

Here's a tweet from Kasper:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/therealkenbobo">@therealkenbobo</a> We&#39;re still working on it, we&#39;re looking at a release later this year</p>&mdash; KasperVld (@KasperVld) <a href="https://twitter.com/KasperVld/status/748980703975579648">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh! Ok, so we are getting Wii U version, but just later?

And right now, I'm in July, but I don't have an Xbox 1 or PS4...But I prefer it on the Mac anyway....

Edited by SDM_119
    I use Mac, not a Windows PC

I noticed that australia was not on that list can someone please clarrify if it will be coming to australia in the near future as me and many of my friend love this game and would like for it to release in australia for xbox one