• KSP launches on XBox One, update on EU PS4 release

KasperVld

kspxboxft.png

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow Kerbal Space Program will launch on XBox One. We’re very excited to share our passion for the game, rockets and space with a lot of new players, and we hope that many of you will not only enjoy Kerbal Space Program, but that you will also be inspired to create, to share, and to explore the galaxy like so many PC players over the years.

Kerbal Space Program will be available for $39.99 or your regional equivalent in the XBox One store as a digital download at the Midnight of your locale (Pacific Time in the United States). The game will be available in Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Mexico, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, the Republic of Ireland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States. We’re still looking into the possibility of releasing in more countries, though we still require age ratings and other administrative certifications to do so.

We’ve received a lot (a lot!) of questions about the European release for PlayStation 4 as well. Rest assured we’re working on this. The PlayStation is not one single instance, but is divided into three regions: America, Europe and Japan. For a game to release in a certain region it needs to be certified there, regardless of previous certifications. There are further regional differences, but it’s not within the scope of this message to dive into that. We’re working to get the certification to release in Europe, and we thank everyone who has patiently followed the news on this topic. We’ll get KSP to your console as soon as possible, and we'll keep you updated during this process.

Reaching this point would’ve been impossible without the help of Flying Tiger Entertainment, who were with us every step of the way leading up to this release.

Fly safe (preferably).

Edited by KasperVld

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'd like to see the sales figures...

While I wish Squad the best luck for this endeavour, consoles are the worst platform to play KSP - there is no mods. It's like a paid demo of what can you get if you have a PC with a lot of RAM.

I can only help but think its all only for the revenue generated and new console users. Im just not feeling the excitement of a KSP on a console. A Console costs what 400 500$? When a PC at walmart for the same or less money that will run KSP throw in a video card plug it into your flat screen TV for a extra 100$. I just dont get it. Why? I not trying to be a troll. I honestly am trying to understand the thinking/reasoning behind KSP on consoles. I was reading the planned features for KSP  and where it was talking about porting to cell phones was marked as shelved or red meaning it wasnt planned. To me it would make more sense that if you really wanted to go to a different platform it would be the cell phone. Everybody has one of those these days. I have a console but there is no way, when I have a pc, that I would purchase KSP for a console. I dont know...I just dont understand. 40$ for PS4 version or 40$ for PC version thats mod-able and allows for so much more content. To me it is a no-brainer

why is there no Australian release date so disappointed it could take months to past the AUS Gov rating if you only just sent it to be approved i hope you keep us updated on time-frame and cost.   

Can't wait! I have KSP on PC, sure. But why would I want it for console (xb1)? Simple. For friends.

I have many friends that I'd love for them to play something like KSP but they are console freaks. All of their rationalizations and justifications are in the opposite direction for games. (i.e. 'why would anyone spend $1,000 on a PC when you could get a console for $400?') Of course, I'd love a multiplayer component (not planned, I know) for the consoles as they are built for multiplayer interaction (party chat, community, etc.). In any case, the worst thing I can think of about KSP on consoles is that I have to wait another hour for the download :wink:

2 hours ago, KSP_AUS said:

why is there no Australian release date so disappointed it could take months to past the AUS Gov rating if you only just sent it to be approved i hope you keep us updated on time-frame and cost.   

i may be wrong don't quote me but I think AUS is classed under US PSN area I may be wrong its the same with planetside on PS4

3 hours ago, EvitableInventions said:

why would anyone spend $1,000 on a PC when you could get a console for $400?'

Because a computer is a multi-tool, not just a gaming machine. Some people cannot understand that (and i can accept that) but sometimes they are ruining it for the others...

Edited by Phineas Freak

No need for a platform debate. Some people prefer to game on consoles, some on PC, some both. I think the idea of the console release is to allow as many people as possible to enjoy KSP on their preferred platform.

2 hours ago, Geofft2110 said:

Is there a delay? It's not showing in UK Xbox store.

OK, I see it now :) just need to wait until after work to play

Guys, Kerbal Space Program failing to lauch (haha :P) on Xbox One is gonna cause an explosion on the lauchpad and leave you guys with a PR issue, may wanna release a statement saying why, given that it's not even showing in the coming soon, I imagine that the Xbox devision of Microsoft just got lazy, but I'd still like to actually know why I'm still stuck on a keyboard with no way to explain how halarious the game is to my friends.

It's still not showing on the United States Xbox Store, I'm begining to get a little frustrated, by the article here it should've been here at 2 am my time zone and now its 7:15

Edited by Krzychief

I contacted Xbox support on this and they don't even show the game in their listings, much less as a new release title. 

Some people have gotten access to the game, but most have not. This is going to cause some frustrations due to the wait for the game and the. Having to wait behind PS4 users(nothing against them just the whole wait part). Now when it is suppose to available to Xbox One, someone drops the ball. 

Still waiting... Have been for 6 and a half hours. Why did they bother saying it would be released at 12AM PST? I feel like we will be lucky if it even gets released today. I've patiently been waiting since the announcement almost a year ago, checking in almost daily to see the progress on the console versions. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning who finds that there are no presents under the tree and that Santa clause isn't real at the same time.

The game became available at noon in the UK, we're looking into things but right now I personally suspect that the game will be available from noon in your local timezone onwards (noon PDT for the U.S.)

Just now, KasperVld said:

The game became available at noon in the UK, we're looking into things but right now I personally suspect that the game will be available from noon in your local timezone onwards (noon PDT for the U.S.)

So they really meant 3pm est not 3am est? lol

I've waited all year for this, first we wait behind ps4 now we don't even get the game at launch. Now it's so behind I wouldn't even get to play it till next week....

"Reaching this point would’ve been impossible without the help of Flying Tiger Entertainment, who were with us every step of the way leading up to this release." Shouldn't it be wouldn't have?

EDIT: Nevermind looked like "would've been possible"

Edited by Mr. Quark