Valentina Kerman

SQUAD

This thread is breaking my heart. Crazy girlfriend jokes, bad driver jokes, and so forth, just make me feel like there's no place in this forum for female KSP players, let alone female Kerbals.

And you guys keep confusing eyelashes with eyeliner, then have the gall to complain that Kerbals don't have eyelashes.

Maybe this place is more civil than most gaming forums, but I think we got a long, long way to go if anyone expects to be friendly to female gamers.

This thread is breaking my heart. Crazy girlfriend jokes, bad driver jokes, and so forth, just make me feel like there's no place in this forum for female KSP players, let alone female Kerbals.

And you guys keep confusing eyelashes with eyeliner, then have the gall to complain that Kerbals don't have eyelashes.

Maybe this place is more civil than most gaming forums, but I think we got a long, long way to go if anyone expects to be friendly to female gamers.

That's why I made a non-orange version of the overly attached thing, because making "a Kerbal who is female because of the joke" rather than "The first female Kerbal" is probably less sexist. I still like this better.

Unrelatedly, as far as Valentia's relation to the main three, she's obviously Jeb, Bill, and Bob's sister. I like to think the main three orange suits are brothers, so if Val has an orange suit, that probably means she's their sister. If having her be sister is too much because she was never in KSP until now, then cousin maybe?

Edited by GregroxMun

Interesting how they named Valentina after a historical figure but not Jeb, Bill, or Bob.

Interesting's not the word I'd have used. Naming a starting Kerbal after a historical figure makes it different to kill her than the other Kerbals. It would be absolutely appropriate to add her name to the easter-egg name list, but the starting 4? Bit of a bludgeon.

I assume we'll see some female Kerbals in the VAB and SPH ground crew?

I had to delete a few comments in this thread; please, this is a sensitive subject. Let's not go about posting possibly inflamatory comments or linking things that have no factual basis regardless. Also, this thread is about Valentina Kerman. It pains me that a thread about adding a different explicit gender to Kerbals draws such ire.

Edited by AmpsterMan

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe they should add a whole new gender of Kerbal not based on a human gender

Female kerbals are coming, they've been planned since version 0.19 (so all of the kerbals have officially been guys for 8 versions now). Squad is not going to follow your suggestion. Get it over with.

Yeah... should have checked the dates:blush:

On the other hand, discussions like this always get me upset.

It's Squads game. While they value your opinion it does NOT mean they HAVE to accommodate it. That, and due to the fact that this is a non-issue. So Squads adding girl kerbals. they're just proving that we were right all along in assuming all of the kerbals in the game were male.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.