Is there any hope for this mission?

You have RCS fuel and RCS thrusters. Even if your tanks are dry, you have enough RCS to kill that velocity As long as the Mun doesn\'t interfere on your way down, you\'ll be fine.

Edit: Oh, you\'re currently /in/ the Mun\'s sphere of influence.

And re-checking, you have plenty of fuel.

Yeah, burn retrograde, and attempt a landing. If you crater, C\'est la KSP.

You still have a full fuel tank, no? A retrograde burn until you swap apoapsis and periapsis, then until you get the new periapsis down for a light-side landing, ought to be within your delta-V budget if you jettison stage 4, and it\'s simple enough to do.

You still have an operational engine and a full tank of fuel. On a burn, You might be able to push your nose skyward before Munscraping tears your craft apart.

As the Spider-Friends say, 'GO FOR IT!'

Remember to quick-save before the return trip (F5)! Then F9 if the Kerbal\'s Murphy\'s Law takes effect.

The Kerbal way, ANYTHING is possible, no matter the risk of explosion. I somehow managed to blow a Command Module with decoupler back into Kerbal injection after a major catastrophe after landing on the Mun (jeb was on the job in that one!) and landed them on Kerbin in one piece ... by accident. Wish I could remember to take screenshots of my Kerbally missions :( ... just too focused on survival at the time to consider it lol.

This made me smile.

@OP: Assuming you\'re careful with fuel management, a full standard tank of fuel is enough for a landing and a mun return.

1. You\'re welcome. :D

2. Hell, screw fuel. You can do it purely on RCS if you\'re careful.

R...c...s...? I have yet to try taking off from Mun with RCS.

Yeh, you need 2 tanks and 16 or more jets, methinks. Look around, you\'ll find someone who knows better.