Kerbin Geographic And Science Society

togfox

I'd like to be a volunteer.

I think if you read Bioman's post again, he was suggesting something similar to KGSS that is not KGSS. That means another thread should be started. This is what Bioman said:

I think someone should make an inter-company sceince association, like KGSS ...
Is there going to Be another journal?

We produced 3 journals and it simply didn't get the audience we were hoping which means a fourth journal is unlikely.

We produced 3 journals and it simply didn't get the audience we were hoping which means a fourth journal is unlikely.

I believe you're wrong on that. I believe there were enough people reading them. Writing is a completely different matter. Without any suggestions about the required/wanted subjects only a few will even attempt to write something. If you want an audience that sends in articles, you at least should provide some hints on the preferred subjects. (my 2 cts).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A proposal:

Several people have engaged in voyages of discovery on Kerbin without planes or spacecraft. There was a charity journey by land to the north pole, and two (soon to be three) people have circumnavigated the planet with boats. I'm sure there have been other heroic journeys that I'm not aware of.

I propose that a number of terrain features be named after the forum members that have engaged in these endeavors. Having said that:

4KGSS.png

The following proposed names have to do with this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25016-In-search-of-Ferdinand-Magellan/

Point of Thersis: The forum member Thersis crashed their naval ship after travelling 534km of KSP. This point is roughly that distance.

William's Point: William Kerbin was the pilot of the second naval vessel to circumnavigate Kerbin.

Isthmus of Kamm: The forum member Kerbies_are_my_Minions (KAMM) was the first to circumnavigate Kerbin by boat as far as I know. He would have been the first to cross this isthmus to do so.

Strait of Zakku: the forum member Ekku Zakku was the second person to circumnavigate Kerbin.

Russell's reef: I noticed this area as I was attempting the 3rd circumnavigation. Named after one of Kerbies_are_my_minions' crew, Russel Kerbin

Kai's reef: I noticed this area as I was attempting the 3rd circumnavigation. Named after one of Kerbies_are_my_minions' crew, Kai Kerbin

Inattention Island: I nearly plowed full speed into this island when I got distracted and wasn't watching my boat.

So, in closing and summary, I propose the KGSS honor these and other ground and water based explorers. <bows>

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.