STS Space Shuttle Challenges: PROVE YOUR PILOTING METTLE Earn a Badge!

• 3 weeks later...

I've already started assembling a station with your shuttle - do I have to start again to earn the proper qualifications or can I just make it up by launching a few missions with an empty cargo bay, the Fuel Pod, and the ComSats? I currently only have 3 core modules (based off of ISS's Unity, Zarya and Zvezda modules) in orbit.

i am making a space shuttle too

:its name will be Antares

:Est payload to 70x70 orbit is 30-40 tons:D

: it has a lot of payload room with a empty shuttle at SL T-W of 1.98

got to do payload testing on it. the payload is an estimate not the final product

[quote name='FCISuperGuy']So... is this challenge still on or is it on hiatus? ATM it seems like it's been abandoned after 1.0.5.[/QUOTE]

Not dead at all. This challenge is self-certifying. :) I answer questions on qualifications if need be. The issue is that after 1.0.5, making shuttles became way easier, and adding to the astronaut corps manually in the OP at this time seems a bit pointless. heh.

I only posted this challenge to get people to fly the STS and get excited about shuttles. Mission accomplished! The badges though are really cool, and for that reason alone, this challenge still remains, but remains with the self-certifying provision. So if you think you meet the qualifications for a badge, wear it! :)

Concerning your space station: as long as all required modules were installed by a space shuttle, it qualifies.

FCISuperGuy has graciously offered to take over management of the STS Challenges. He will be posting a new thread shortly, opening up the STS Challenges to using any shuttle, not just mine. :) Thanks FSCISuperGuy!

This chapter of the STS Challenges is now closed. Please see FSCISuperGuy's continuation here:

• 1 year later...
53 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast23 said:

How long have you guys played ksp? I'm just a newbie, but I'll take a shot at a mission.

This is an older version of the challenge, please post your attempt at the latest version here:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.