Liquid Fuel Engine pops off at lift off.

The usual reason is just too much weight and not enough support. Attach struts all over the place and it can help fix it, mainly between engines and other parts like fuel tanks, etc.

Reinforcing your engines with (just enough) struts should help. But engines break off mainly due to too much weight resting on too few engines. So maybe your craft is underpowered? Adding engines might make it more efficient, and also solve the launchpad footprint issue. Kerbal rockets often look more like pyramids than aircraft.

I noticed that it might be a bug. If I start over my flight during the flight and go directly to the pad. The rocket may load with missing parts or built like Lincoln logs and fall apart.

I fixed some issues, by restarting at the assembly building and wait for the pop-up that states 'clear derbies' when I press the launch button.

I noticed that it might be a bug. If I start over my flight during the flight and go directly to the pad. The rocket may load with missing parts or built like Lincoln logs and fall apart.

I\'ve noticed this too... rockets that work OK when I go from VAB to launchpad may fall apart if I relaunch. It seems like \'relaunch\' drops the rocket a half meter or so while VAB->launchpad doesn\'t (at least that\'s what the animation looks like to me).

It can also be due to uneven placement of the stacks though multiple layers, try turning on the vertical snap in the CFG file as listed over here.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=11394.msg176208#msg176208

Though you may have to get out and turn it back off and on during different stages in your build.. Though you can mostly reduce that if you know your plan.

It can also be due to uneven placement of the stacks though multiple layers, try turning on the vertical snap in the CFG file as listed over here.

You\'re right, but the vertical snap is far too aggressive for normal use (makes sense that it\'s turned off by default)... wish there was a CFG option for changing its threshold.

I\'ve made it a habit to go back to the assembly room all the time now. If I don\'t, it seems that my rocket has a high tendency to be eaten by the Kerbin Krakken.