[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

36 minutes ago, pellinor said:

It would mean that in addition to your patch, TweakScale would find the exponents for ModuleRCS and apply them to your module, so it would read maxFuelFlow and thrusterPower from the prefabPart, scale them and write them in the members your module inherits from the base class.

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
    name = ModuleRCSFX
    maxFuelFlow = 2.5
    thrusterPower = 2.5
    -ignore = ModuleEngineConfigs
}

In that case, I don't think it has any effect on

ElectricRCSController

, since it will overwrite those number based on power and isp

Edited by FreeThinker

24 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How do I make sure that Tweakscale will NOT and NEVER touch a particular part?

Make sure the part has no TweakScale module. While TweakScale adds its modules early (in the LEGACY step), other mods might do MM manipulations later on. What part are we talking about?

12 hours ago, pellinor said:

I also noticed a blacklist entry for "ModuleEngineConfigs" in the TweakScale configs, it probably came from realFuels/RO long ago. Is this obsolete? I could not find any reference to such a module.

ModuleEngineConfigs is used by Real Fuels to switch between different fuel mixtures in engines. (such as kerosene, hydrogen + liquid oxygen or other oxidizers, etc)

So it probably would make sense not to have Tweak Scale affect it directly since it's going to be used on the engine module (ModuleEngine, ModuleEngineFX, ModuleEngineRF, etc) after it's been configured.

4 hours ago, Starwaster said:

ModuleEngineConfigs is used by Real Fuels to switch between different fuel mixtures in engines. (such as kerosene, hydrogen + liquid oxygen or other oxidizers, etc)

So it probably would make sense not to have Tweak Scale affect it directly since it's going to be used on the engine module (ModuleEngine, ModuleEngineFX, ModuleEngineRF, etc) after it's been configured.

Thanks, so does every RF engine have that module or only some switchable ones?

What that blacklisting currently does is tell TweakScale not to touch any ModuleEngines(FX) if ModuleEngineConfigs is present. Since RF uses its own engine module now (which is not directly targeted by TweakScale), it probably does nothing today. And when I start to target derived classes it will be needed again.

Hi, I'm experiencing a weird glitch (might not be related to your fine mod, but not sure where else to start inquiring). I made this space plane with 7.5 meter parts and KSP-Interstellar engines, it works fine until the fuel gets low, at which point strange things happen. If I set the fuel to zero in the hangar the plane usually explodes as soon as it loads on the runway (parts get 50 G's of acceleration), sometimes it just gets stuck and can't move (the engines running in atmospheric mode produce thrust and will  eventually destroy the plane). Getting stuck happens in space too, I flew a mission starting with full fuel, things worked fine until I tried to burn off my fuel so I could land. Once the fuel levels got to a certain point, the plane got stuck and wouldn't accelerate and would eventually be destroyed from the engine thrust.

Any ideas?

temp.png

On ‎20‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 2:05 AM, ErevanGaming said:

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to add a custom MM config for scaling the boxes parts made by ZZZ but don't seem to have any effect. =(

Read this but not sure if it's still relevant to the latest version of TweakScale and KSP.

Regards and thanks in advance. =)

You are trying to scale the model of a part (which is what the link describes) or to add a TweakScale module? Maybe post your patch here so we can help? Generally the link is not relevant to TweakScale at all since ot applies a fixed rescale without using the mod.

On ‎25‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 9:04 PM, Moggiog said:

Would it be possible to change the maximum allowed size from 200% to something higher? Through editing the configs, maybe?

It should already be 400% for the bundled configs (you find this in scaleExponents.cfg). Mayve that 200% comes with another mod that brings its own scaling configs?

10 hours ago, DocRockwell said:

Hi, I'm experiencing a weird glitch (might not be related to your fine mod, but not sure where else to start inquiring). I made this space plane with 7.5 meter parts and KSP-Interstellar engines, it works fine until the fuel gets low, at which point strange things happen. If I set the fuel to zero in the hangar the plane usually explodes as soon as it loads on the runway (parts get 50 G's of acceleration), sometimes it just gets stuck and can't move (the engines running in atmospheric mode produce thrust and will  eventually destroy the plane). Getting stuck happens in space too, I flew a mission starting with full fuel, things worked fine until I tried to burn off my fuel so I could land. Once the fuel levels got to a certain point, the plane got stuck and wouldn't accelerate and would eventually be destroyed from the engine thrust.

Any ideas?

If you have MFT/realFuels please try the dev version. There was a negative mass bug (but I thought it would only affect downscaled parts).

6 hours ago, pellinor said:

It should already be 400% for the bundled configs (you find this in scaleExponents.cfg). Mayve that 200% comes with another mod that brings its own scaling configs?

No, I was just confused as to what the actual limit was. So how do I change the limit? The scaleExponents.cfg isn't exactly intuitive.

1 hour ago, Moggiog said:

No, I was just confused as to what the actual limit was. So how do I change the limit? The scaleExponents.cfg isn't exactly intuitive.

Oh, sorry for sending you the wrong way! I meant defaultScales.cfg. It defines the behavior of the scale Tweakable. For most solid parts that show scale in % I use this SCALETYPE definition:
https://github.com/pellinor0/TweakScale/blob/master/GameData/TweakScale/DefaultScales.cfg#L44-L52

scaleFactors defines the intervals (for example from 50-100%), and incrementSlide is the granularity of the slider (1%-Steps in that interval).

And this is how the scaletype is referenced from a part patch:
https://github.com/pellinor0/TweakScale/blob/master/GameData/TweakScale/patches/Squad/Squad_Tanks.cfg#L162-L168

On 2/27/2017 at 4:44 AM, pellinor said:

If you have MFT/realFuels please try the dev version. There was a negative mass bug (but I thought it would only affect downscaled parts).

I'm not using either of those, I have interstellar fuel switch installed though. Should I still give the dev version a shot?

How do I install the dev version? There are a bunch of directories aside from GameData. Are there any issues I should be aware of when switching to the Dev version?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, DocRockwell said:

I'm not using either of those, I have interstellar fuel switch installed though. Should I still give the dev version a shot?

How do I install the dev version? There are a bunch of directories aside from GameData. Are there any issues I should be aware of when switching to the Dev version?

Thanks!

All you need is the GameData directory.  Everything else in there is for us coders, it's just gobbletygook to the untrained.

I found that when using Tweak scale mode to scale the science lab to MK1 size, the crew cannot transfer from attached command pod into the lab anymore in 1.2.

And it gives a notice "Target switch locked"

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOJBLMBqQ93ypCun5Pr3FNaYDDRxIVaoSeNkP9B

Sorry this image link tool doesn't recognize this URL..

Edited by biller

5 hours ago, biller said:

I found that when using Tweak scale mode to scale the science lab to MK1 size, the crew cannot transfer from attached command pod into the lab anymore in 1.2.

And it gives a notice "Target switch locked"

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOJBLMBqQ93ypCun5Pr3FNaYDDRxIVaoSeNkP9B

Sorry this image link tool doesn't recognize this URL..

(can't see the image without a google account)

I also get this behavior with unscaled parts so it is probably not TweakScale related. Sometimes the game just refuses to recognize clicks on the target part for a crew transfer. The "target switch locked" message means it understood a double click (which would usually switch the target vessel). In most cases pressing ESC and doing the transfer again fixes it for me.

On 2/27/2017 at 6:44 PM, pellinor said:

You are trying to scale the model of a part (which is what the link describes) or to add a TweakScale module? Maybe post your patch here so we can help? Generally the link is not relevant to TweakScale at all since ot applies a fixed rescale without using the mod.

Hi pellinor,

Trying to scale the model of a part. ="> Will post what I was trying to do later when I get home from my night-shift =D

Regards =)

Hello,
i've included a patch in my mod for Tweakscale:

So i came here to notify you as asked in the first page :wink:

here is the patch, if you want to check it, as i haven't tried myself: https://github.com/skalou/Ablative-Airbrake/blob/master/GameData/Ablative-Airbrake/ModuleManager_Patches/MM_TweakScale.cfg

Thank's

Edited by Skalou

Can someone explain to me how fuel capacity calculations work because the capacity of a resized tank does not seem to be directly related to the scale. For example reducing a tank to half it's size results in a fuel capacity less than 25% of the original value wheres doubling the size of a tank increases capacity more than you would expect. Personally i think some of my confusion may come from the fact that half the parts scale by percentage and the other half by radius but when i tested this with the mono-propellant tanks which do use a percentage scaling i noticed that changes in fuel capacity were not scaling as one would expect

Edited by Mikeloeven

5 hours ago, Mikeloeven said:

Can someone explain to me how fuel capacity calculations work because the capacity of a resized tank does not seem to be directly related to the scale. For example reducing a tank to half it's size results in a fuel capacity less than 25% of the original value wheres doubling the size of a tank increases capacity more than you would expect. Personally i think some of my confusion may come from the fact that half the parts scale by percentage and the other half by radius but when i tested this with the mono-propellant tanks which do use a percentage scaling i noticed that changes in fuel capacity were not scaling as one would expect

The scaling is exactly the same as how the base game tanks scale, for example if you scale an orange tank down to 1.25m it'll have identical volume and mass to a FL-T800 tank. This scaling factor is related to the cube of the radius: 2.5^3/1.25^3 =  8x, you'll notice an Orange Tank has 8x the volume and 8x the mass as a FL-T800 (or a 1.25m rescaled orange tank).  The volume scaling factor from 0.625m -> 1.25m and 1.25m -> 2.5m is 8x, but from 2.5m -> 3.75m is 3.375x

Edited by blakemw

11 hours ago, Mikeloeven said:

Volume goes at the third power of the dimension.