The Tower of Power

The first public release rocket by the Royal Aralonian Rocketry Corps: We care, so you don't have to.

Required Sunday Punch's Wobbly Rockets, Eighth Release

Now Requires NovaSilisko's Silisko Industries Doughnut Research & Spacecraft Development, 1.0 Release

It is the fastest rocket to surpass the altitude of 1 kilometer. In fact, it is physically impossible to be any faster. You'll see why.

It is also, for about eight seconds after it spawns, the tallest object on Kerbin (or whatever you're naming it today) as well as being taller than any man-made structure that humans have ever created.

'But wait,' you may ask, 'where can we download this ship?' Well, I'll tell you that this ship is shippily attached to the bottom of this post. It's a fine piece of ship, if I do say so myself, and I suppose your Kerbal astronauts are going to have a really shippy time on this rocket.

OUTDATED

I can't exactly take a screenshot of it because, well, it crashes my computer, but I have some screenshots of its effects:

screenshot33.png

screenshot34.png

screenshot40.png

based on the picture and the fact that i actually tried to make one of these not to long ago, no the thing just falls apart halfway up because of the game engine and things not physically attaching to each other.

but i'll download it and see if this ones any different from the ones i've tried.

yeah um i just tried it.. HELL NO IT DOESN'T FLY!!! it collapses on its self once you get it to the pad.. then its over 2 minutes of destruction before it all ends.

if i can hit the space bar in time i'll try to at least get some images of it flying but i doubt it.

yeah it doesn't fly period.. so heres some pictures of it exploding..

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6968/ksp2011072709061745.png

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5863/ksp2011072709062056.png

based on the picture and the fact that i actually tried to make one of these not to long ago, no the thing just falls apart halfway up because of the game engine and things not physically attaching to each other.

but i'll download it and see if this ones any different from the ones i've tried.

yeah um i just tried it.. HELL NO IT DOESN'T FLY!!! it collapses on its self once you get it to the pad.. then its over 2 minutes of destruction before it all ends.

if i can hit the space bar in time i'll try to at least get some images of it flying but i doubt it.

yeah it doesn't fly period.. so heres some pictures of it exploding..

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6968/ksp2011072709061745.png

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5863/ksp2011072709062056.png

Wow, you got all 3 Kermans to be happy too! k:P

Wow, you got all 3 Kermans to be happy too! k:P

lol they didn't even have time to get scared, the whole thing collapsed in on its self and lags like a mofo during the entire explosion, i couldn't even zoom out fast enough because the camera would disapear under ground. also the ships so damn tall it doesn't fit in the hanger, even if you break it into 2 pieces both pieces are still to long to fit them in the hanger. i have no clue how this guy built this thing.

• 2 weeks later...

lol they didn't even have time to get scared, the whole thing collapsed in on its self and lags like a mofo during the entire explosion, i couldn't even zoom out fast enough because the camera would disapear under ground. also the ships so damn tall it doesn't fit in the hanger, even if you break it into 2 pieces both pieces are still to long to fit them in the hanger. i have no clue how this guy built this thing.

Probably broke it into a bunch of pieces, then just kept adding them to the bottom and raising it up to clip through the roof.

Probably broke it into a bunch of pieces, then just kept adding them to the bottom and raising it up to clip through the roof.

tried that, doesn't work. i can get it to go up high enough. my theory is that it was broken in to 4 pieces.. attaching the old section to the new one and disconnecting it and dragging it under the VAB.. did this over and over.. i tried it that way and seems to be the most logical way he built it.. still doesn't matter, it doesn't fly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.