[PLUGIN][PART][0.15] Lag's Lazy Parts v.02

Doctor Lag

Summary: These parts are essentially stock parts that help you greatly with a few of the less-engaging parts of the game without affecting most of the gameplay.

Update : The smart decouplers seem to be having some trouble with 15.1. I have no idea why since this was just a bug fix release (plus some really shiny engine flames) but I\'m hoping to have time to look into it this weekend. For now please don\'t rely on the \'smart\' Lazy parts working with 15.1.

These all work great with 0.15, no need to update.

These parts are ones that I built based heavily on the example code from http://kspwiki.nexisonline.net/wiki/Module_code_examples#Automatically_activating_the_next_stage. All parts use stock stats, skins and textures.

The \'auto\' decouplers (both stack and radial) detect when the engines attached to them have run out of fuel and automatically advance to the next stage. This takes the randomness out of exactly when stage separation occurs so it might be handy for the ultra-efficiency experts around here, or for the folks like myself who like to build and then just watch the launch with a beer in hand. 8)

The \'smart\' radial decouplers go the extra step of not caring what stage they\'re in. They\'ll individually decouple no matter where they are in your staging. So, you can use the auto decouplers between stages and smart radials in a big smashup of a stage toward the top of your rocket; this is as close as these get to being cheat parts. :)

The \'auto\' ASAS module will reset your time zoom to 1x when you enter a different sphere of influence. So when you\'re flying to mun or Kurbol (or back from), you can leave your time at 1000x without worry that you\'ll miss the orbit window.

Binaries and source attached. If you prefer a non-forum link use the SkyDrive download below. Enjoy!

https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=2BF8C1176BA43039&resid=2BF8C1176BA43039%21133&authkey=AJ_vJ0HpVLDTIQQ

After installing the parts, try the attached \'Nailbiter\' ship (forum attach only so I assume you have to be logged in) to see the auto-staging parts in action. Enable the SAS, throttle up to max and hit spacebar one time. The decoupler will kick in eventually and then it comes within ~300 meters or so of crashing. After that it\'ll get to a decent altitude (~26k) and then poor staging will destroy the craft. Note that use of \'smart\' decouplers would make this flyable. It\'s left as an exercise for the reader. :)

Update for v .02; all parts\' binaries and source are now in a single zip and I added a non-forum link for the guest users.

Thanks to EndOfTheEarth for the idea to automatically reset zoom on SOI change.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.