My KSP artwork!

yorshee

I drew this while waiting for KSP to load up. When it did end up loading, I closed it again to finish this drawing. :P

It's a Kerbal on Eve! It's the first ever time I've actually drawn a background, I reckon it turned out okay.

K6oLq12.png

I'll probably be drawing more things in the future, so I'll update this thread when that happens.

Edited by yorshee

Nice pic! But Eve doesn't have snowcapped mountains......more like sulphuric-acid blasting volcanoes!

Thanks!

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Kerbals tried to make popsicles out of the stuff :P

• 3 weeks later...
Do you have deviantart?

I used to, many years ago. I don't anymore, though.

I have a Tumblr but it's just a personal Tumblr, and so it's messy and unorganised and not very suitable for showing my artwork on.

I could make a web page somewhere to put all of my recent artwork on though! I think that would be a good idea. Once it's up and running I'll probably put it in my forum's profile.

It looks beautiful! Great work!

(And KSP featured your illustrations in their Facebook page, if you didn't know :))

That's awesome! I saw the Eve picture on the Twitter a few days ago, I had no idea my newer picture was on the Facebook too! :D I don't know who runs the social media pages but whoever they are I want to personally thank them.

Super! :D

Thank you! :D

Here's something new (Kraken attack!):

kraken_attack_by_y0rshee-d8o1pe9.png

This one is cel-shaded, it's practice for a faster art style since I plan on making a comic and the soft shading takes too long. That didn't stop this from taking forever. :P I think it would have taken a lot longer if I shaded it differently, though.

The spaceship is based on a really simple space station I made a while ago, with some orange tanks attached to the back of it. I had to change the look of the cockpit so you can see the Kerbals properly.

• 3 weeks later...
Kraken attack was on the KSP blog. Congrats!

I saw! :D It was awesome.

I'm working on some new drawings for the Kerbal Countdown but I have no clue if drawn fanart even counts for the Kerbal Countdown thing.

Personally I am a firm believer that the orange suits are all siblings. So Valentina would be Jeb's sister. No there's nothing wrong with a brother loving his sister, but I don't think Jebediah would ever think his sibling would be cool, or anyone for that matter. I think his ego is too big for that. Also, Val is a pilot, I doubt she's be taken by science specifically.

Still though, I really really like the art. I am just imagining it is different Kerbals instead of Jeb and Val, especially since they're in their EVA suits. The proportions are just right for Kerbals, and I like how you imagine the texture of Kerbal Hair actually flies out in the "real-ish" world. These drawings are all adorable and fun to look at. The "plot" of this one is just the only problem i have with it. :P

Minmus Ice Cream is truly magnificent. I've always wanted to see this picture done properly, I couldn't make it look right in pencil.

The first drawing, the Eve one is interesting. The mountains seem too tall for Evian Gravity, and the snow-tops of them don't seem to fit with Eve's heat. The picture of Val and one of the other orange-suits at Val is also really great. You do the facial expressions magnificently.

The Kraken Attack picture as also really good. The cell shading and coloring on it was done really nicely, and you can tell it took a long time to do, it looks great. The Kraken looks like a 10-Kilometer-Wide beast enveloping the space around Bop. Again, the facial expressions look great here.

On many of the drawings, I love the background stars and galaxy, and some of the surface details on Minmus or Eve and the jetpack exhaust near Vall.

Personally I am a firm believer that the orange suits are all siblings. So Valentina would be Jeb's sister. No there's nothing wrong with a brother loving his sister, but I don't think Jebediah would ever think his sibling would be cool, or anyone for that matter. I think his ego is too big for that. Also, Val is a pilot, I doubt she's be taken by science specifically.

Still though, I really really like the art. I am just imagining it is different Kerbals instead of Jeb and Val, especially since they're in their EVA suits.

But all Kerbals love science! 'Violent chemical reactions' is just a fancy way of saying 'explosions' to them.

The proportions are just right for Kerbals, and I like how you imagine the texture of Kerbal Hair actually flies out in the "real-ish" world.

Kerbal proportions are pretty easy once you know what they are - their head-to-body ratio is literally 1:1. It's pretty weird, now that I think about it.

I have to admit, I do draw their a bit too 'floofy' for my own liking. But it's impossible for me to draw their hair as it is canonically, 'cause it sorta grows inwards to the middle of their heads while remaining perfectly flat, and that doesn't make any sense in reality.

Minmus Ice Cream is truly magnificent. I've always wanted to see this picture done properly, I couldn't make it look right in pencil.

Thank you! :D

The first drawing, the Eve one is interesting. The mountains seem too tall for Evian Gravity, and the snow-tops of them don't seem to fit with Eve's heat. The picture of Val and one of the other orange-suits at Val is also really great. You do the facial expressions magnificently.

I took a lot of liberties with the Eve picture, so it's not very accurate. And yeah, drawing facial expressions is one of my favourite things to draw.

The Kraken Attack picture as also really good. The cell shading and coloring on it was done really nicely, and you can tell it took a long time to do, it looks great. The Kraken looks like a 10-Kilometer-Wide beast enveloping the space around Bop. Again, the facial expressions look great here.

On many of the drawings, I love the background stars and galaxy, and some of the surface details on Minmus or Eve and the jetpack exhaust near Vall.

Again, thank you! :D

Is there any needs for a idea? Because I had one were jeb is trying to grab the sample from the science.jr. The golden squid thing.

I could have a go at that! :D I want to get some more work done on my 1.0 career save comic first though - I plan on having a few pages for backstory and character introduction before I actually start to document my career progress, so I should really get to work on that asap - the game is coming out in a few days now!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.