List of suggested mods

novafire08

I\'m looking for 3 or 4 fantastic mods that people highly recommend. Whenever I look through the mod section I can never really tell which ones are well-done and which ones are barebones and random. Looking for part expansions mostly, but if there\'s something awesome you know of, please share it.

C7 Flight Pack, it includes parts mostly for spaceplanes, but they can also be used for rockets and other things. The parts are very well modelled and stable compared to most other mods, I just love it. You can find this pack here.

Here\'s a link to a post I made a month of so ago on this subject, it has a bunch of links to the major rocket packs, you\'ll find plenty of rocketry bits to suit your in those packs;

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=8957.msg132688#msg132688

Since then there has been a lot of good plugin-based mods released, not all of them are pure 'expansion' packs, a lot of them add unique functionality (like carts and rovers, robot legs, and extensive flight computer program including ascent and landing computers, mapping plugins, cargobays, landing gears, and so on.

And the C7 pack linked is definitely the definitive pack for adding aircraft and spaceplane function to the game, though Damned Aerospace has added some cool things too. One thing to note; the developer of C7 has joined the official dev team, and a lot of his parts will be included in the next official release (0.15) of the game, which will probably come out late next week, so you may or may not want to get started on the older version of those.

NovaSilisko, DownUnder, and kwChallenger are great packs for parts, although some are slightly more powerful than others.

Industrial Flames and Explosions has some great reality-based rockets and landers, but they\'re OP relative to everything else. I have avoided using them in my latest editions of KSP as I like to blend parts within the same rockets, and therefore OP packs are out of favor.

Damned Aerospace/Robotics has some great addons, mostly centered around C7\'s pack but usable for other things as well of course.

Probodobodyne has must-have parts for space stations and the like; BACE likewise is a must-have for munbases and can also be used for space stations.

Don\'t forget The Node, a cube that allows connections to every side. This expands your space station possibilities by a thousandfold.

I\'m sure I forgot a few, but there\'s most of what I consider pretty great ;P