[1.2.1] Spacetux - Contract Pack: Unmanned Contracts, Rover Contracts, Grand Tours and Sprite Missions

linuxgurugamer

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Confirmed, looking into it

Nuts, a file got left out.  Add the following to a file "group.cfg" in the directory ContractPacks/Spacetux/RoverMissions:

CONTRACT_GROUP
{
//trace = true
	agent = Space Penguins, Inc
	minVersion = 1.15.0
	// Name of the contract group
	name = RoverMissionsGroup
	displayName = Rover Missions
}

I'm working on an upate

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nuts, a file got left out.  Add the following to a file "group.cfg" in the directory ContractPacks/Spacetux/RoverMissions:

CONTRACT_GROUP
{
//trace = true
	agent = Space Penguins, Inc
	minVersion = 1.15.0
	// Name of the contract group
	name = RoverMissionsGroup
	displayName = Rover Missions
}

I'm working on an upate

Thanks. :)

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Glad you got it fixed, can you tell me what the problem was?

Was a mistake I have because now the Grand Tours contract pack doesn't appear with the name of the contract pack in the contract configurator tab and this was my confusion.

• 4 weeks later...

some ideas for new probes mission:

1. land probe /Eve/Laythe/(and back to Kerbin) without parachute (so peoples can build unmanned spaceplane)

2. dock 1 unmanned probe to 2nd ship (any with dockport) and/maybe/or XXXXX go to newSOI/land/splashdown  at planetoid XXXXX

3. transport XXXX units of fuel/monoprop to station (launch and dock unmanned cargo-tanker to spec. spacestation status ship, aka real life)

4. send unmanned rover to planets (unmanned, has wheels, status landed atXXX planetoid, move to 4 waypoints in 5km) 

5.  dive unmanned submarine in Eve/Laythe (splashed down unmanned) and move it at 3 random waypoints in 2 km radius 100 m near (below sea level) also unmanned

6. send only ion-propelld probe to planetoid XXXX and land /splashdown/smash-to-ground (no LF/OX/SRB)

7. send only SRB engines probe to planetoid XXXX and smash/land/return back to kerbin (aka mission impossible for many players :) )

Edited by *MajorTom*

3 hours ago, RavenPanther said:

I accidentally 'fast-forwarded' SUPER far out and made one of my exploration contracts for rovers fail. Is there any way to get it back? Either through the debug/cheat menu or some other way? It was the first one you get for exploring with a new rover on Kerbin.

You could do one of two things:

1.  Edit the save file and delete it, or, possibly, change it from being failed to in progress.  I'm not sure exactly how to do this, contact @nightingale for help with that, he wrote ContractConfigurator

2.  Just wait, I believe you will get it offered again.

• 1 month later...

It seems to me that the science yield of the Unmanned contracts is OP. Getting like 38 science points for merely putting a probe in a Mun orbit feels like cheating to me in hard mode career. It's more than all your the scientific instruments can get you (at least in early game). Is it scaled according to the celestial body? If yes, I think it should be nerfed significantly (like 5-10 times).

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2016 at 1:08 AM, garwel said:

It seems to me that the science yield of the Unmanned contracts is OP. Getting like 38 science points for merely putting a probe in a Mun orbit feels like cheating to me in hard mode career. It's more than all your the scientific instruments can get you (at least in early game). Is it scaled according to the celestial body? If yes, I think it should be nerfed significantly (like 5-10 times).

On 11/1/2016 at 8:48 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll take a look at it, thanks

I looked and all the contracts have a science reward of 25. Depending on your difficulty settings, the Mun would get 50 science for high orbit and 75 for low orbit. Which is indeed a lot.

Personally I would say the science reward should be reduced to around 5. If you want I can make a pull request.

50 minutes ago, Nori said:

I looked and all the contracts have a science reward of 25. Depending on your difficulty settings, the Mun would get 50 science for high orbit and 75 for low orbit. Which is indeed a lot.

Personally I would say the science reward should be reduced to around 5. If you want I can make a pull request.

That would be fine, thanks

On 10/22/2016 at 10:01 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

It should work out of the box, but I haven't yet had a chance to test it.

While I have not 'tested' it, I have used it throughout my early 1.2 career play through. The only issue I have found is that the orbit a probe and return it safely contract seems to complete upon the next returned ship from orbit after acceptance of the contract, regardless of whether or not it is a probe. Could be a mod conflict, so possibly an isolated incident. 

Also the aforementioned generous contract rewards..

Cheers,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.