[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

KSP crashed and took my PC with it, had to crash out and got some corruption on both the PC and the game. Logged back in and my save was missing. Tried taking out old save games until I got a working one but, with this being the holidays, they and my back up were both something like 40hrs of game time back. I could re-build but it was mostly ticking over until NH came out anyway.

19 minutes ago, Malich said:

KSP crashed and took my PC with it, had to crash out and got some corruption on both the PC and the game. Logged back in and my save was missing. Tried taking out old save games until I got a working one but, with this being the holidays, they and my back up were both something like 40hrs of game time back. I could re-build but it was mostly ticking over until NH came out anyway.

:0.0: Bloody hell!

Save games was broken on 1.2.2 no building land just space & planets, can't click upgrade building because I haven't played KSP about 4 months been busy other games. I tried started new games still bug no building.

I deleted New Horizons then installed new mod 'Outer Planets Mod' worked great old saved games & new games no issued. Shame New Horizons too old mod & broken games.

Old save games bug (NH)

hUPBav6.png

New games same bug (NH)

xtRURPO.png

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind not seeing the KSC since those nifty buttons got added to the side, but I can see how it could be a problem if you wanted to upgrade your buildings without editing your game files.

You can get the space center to show up again simply by creating a new save and then loading that save again, I've found this issue usually happens on startup but after it has loaded properly it seems to stick around.

8 hours ago, Tynrael said:

I don't mind not seeing the KSC since those nifty buttons got added to the side, but I can see how it could be a problem if you wanted to upgrade your buildings without editing your game files.

You can get the space center to show up again simply by creating a new save and then loading that save again, I've found this issue usually happens on startup but after it has loaded properly it seems to stick around.

That problem only exists because the mod is not updated for KSP 1.2.2. If/when @KillAshley releases a new update, it will make use of a workaround in Kopernicus that prevents this kind of thing from happening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So a long time ago i lost heart with the scene. Due to a number of personal issues and other factors i found myself without any motivation to work on my packs at all. I know I said that I was working on an update, but I could never actually put my words into action, so I apologize. Anyways I'm currently here with a small amount of motivation once again looking at all that has changed in the long time since I left, and a lot of the factors of why I left are still there, but this time I'm determined to update my packs. I don't know how long it will take, or how often I will find the time and/or motivation to work on them, however if you want you can simply follow my main Gihub repo to get the latest commits until i release. Thanks to you all for the understanding and for continuing to support me even when i wasn't here.

-KA

7 hours ago, KillAshley said:

So a long time ago i lost heart with the scene. Due to a number of personal issues and other factors i found myself without any motivation to work on my packs at all. I know I said that I was working on an update, but I could never actually put my words into action, so I apologize. Anyways I'm currently here with a small amount of motivation once again looking at all that has changed in the long time since I left, and a lot of the factors of why I left are still there, but this time I'm determined to update my packs. I don't know how long it will take, or how often I will find the time and/or motivation to work on them, however if you want you can simply follow my main Gihub repo to get the latest commits until i release. Thanks to you all for the understanding and for continuing to support me even when i wasn't here.

No rush, take your time!

I've been blown away by New Horizons, and already have gotten countless hours of enjoyment out of it.  Anything further is just icing on the cake.

As far as I'm concerned, we're all lucky to have had someone like you, to have already provided us this cool shiny toy for free.

So, thank you for all the hard work you've already done.  Neither I nor anybody else has any right to expect any more from you.  And if, for your own reasons, you happen to choose to produce anything more... well, thank you in advance for anything there might be, whatever and whenever it might be.

Three cheers for @KillAshley, everyone, amirite?  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey KillAshley,

Just wanted to say even if you never get around to updating this, I enjoyed the hell out of it back in the day. I got a lot of hours of enjoyment out of this. Even if I did curse you a few times for making me escape a double gravity well to get out of the starting area. :) Cheers and hope things are well. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

im having a big bug:the space center view is COMPLETELY DARK and i cant upgreat my space center.I need some help

That's a problem with relocating Kerbin. To fix it you need to add something called postSpawnOrbit but how to use it exactly is unclear to me.

@Sigma88 could you make a miracle happen here, perhaps?

48 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

im having a big bug:the space center view is COMPLETELY DARK and i cant upgreat my space center.I need some help

45 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

That's a problem with relocating Kerbin. To fix it you need to add something called postSpawnOrbit but how to use it exactly is unclear to me.

I know that KillAshley recently came back to ksp and started looking around to fix his mods.

So keep looking out for news on this thread :)

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

Just download the master branch from GitHub. KillAshley has made commits that have fixed it. I've been messing around with it and it seems to be mostly working, but there will likely still be bugs because it isn't fully updated for 1.2.2.

well actually its completely fixed, however it relies on a development version of kopernicus currently soooooooooooooo yeah :/

I'll fully release when its all ready, but for the moment It'll keep sitting here in the dark

15 hours ago, KillAshley said:

well actually its completely fixed, however it relies on a development version of kopernicus currently soooooooooooooo yeah :/

I'll fully release when its all ready, but for the moment It'll keep sitting here in the dark

It's done? Then will the rings of planets being invisible when seen through an atmosphere be fixed with the Kopernicus update?

2 hours ago, Micro753 said:

It's done? Then will the rings of planets being invisible when seen through an atmosphere be fixed with the Kopernicus update?

its all fixed....like i said it currently needs a development version of kopernicus which is not publicly available but when released this pack along with my update will work perfectly (excluding any usual bugs common with KSP)

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, GenesisPlayz said:

Is NH gonna return? Awesome! :D

no idea when though....

ok but yeah updates already there for all, any bug reports please be sure to let me know in an appropriate manner and ill get it fixed.