What are your craziest dreams?

Columbia

On 12.04.2017 at 10:09 AM, NSEP said:

How do you know it was a dream and you did not just fell a sleep for a short amount of time and then woke up again, thinking it was a dream?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_awakening

Happened with me sometimes, too. So:
1, When you wake up, the clock displays ~6:00, then you wake up again and see 2:30.
2. When you wake up, "speak" with "people", then realize something absolutely impossible (say, a deceased person), ask yourself: "how is it possible?" And wake up again.

Edited by kerbiloid

One of my craziest dreams begins with me walking with a ladybug in a land made of vegetables, and then a giant caterpillar appears in the horizon and starts roaring at us. The caterpillar turns into a "necklace worm" (a toy smiling worm made of rings around a string) and opens a door in the floor and I jump in it. I appear at the dining room in my Grandma's house, seeing everything in black and white, and then the floor opened up and I woke up.

I also had a recurring nightmare where I was standing in a mountain and some people wearing mineral clothes riding black storches battling elves in flying leaf carpets over a stone dam in a thunderstorm, breaking the dam in the process. Then I go into a mine with some of the mineral dressed people (kids of my age), but we fall into a pit. Then the pit begins to flood and when I run out of breath I wake up. Sometimes it ended with falling into the pit, because I've fallen off my bed.

This was a while ago. 

It was he night before the Echostar-23 launch, and I dreamt that I was suddenly in school (in the science lab, to be precise), a bit disappointed that I hadnt heard my alarm and had missed the launch. "Ah well," I thought, "The first stage wasn't recovered anyway, I didn't miss much"

Then I looked out the window and what do I see? An F9 first stage Landon on the roof of the adjacent building, the hospital! 

Then the dream transitioned to evening as I was biking home from school, late because of an after-school activity. It was dark (as it always was at ~16:00 at that time), and I looked up and saw a huge meteor slowly floating down to the ground. I stopped my bike and watched it descend into a lake, that had just appeared out of nowhere. 

It didn't make a splash, it just kind of was engulfed by the water.

Then I woke up because of the alarm I had set for the Echostar-23 launch. :sticktongue: 

Last night I dreamt I was in the ISS with a crewmate, and we were looking for a lost Allen wrench. I suggested we look and see if it hadn't gotten sucked into the main air filter, but it wasn't there. 

Not a crazy dream by any means, but it was noteworthy in that it's the first time I've dreamt about solving an ordinary problem in space, instead of just "WHOA SPACE".

I'd win the strangest dreams award as they have no linear purpose, pacing or fluidity ever. Granted, it seems whenever I take cold medication they get amped up and become 3x more intense and more consistent and logical granted I may have to award that to what I've been doing at night-

That being that I run little adventures with groups of characters in my head to waste the time (usually small talking and interacting) and as that goes on in my head I slowly doze off in 15-20 minutes on average. Noting I have insomnia and very very irregular sleeping patterns.

"Not one step back!" shouted Bill Nye, panserfaust at the ready, "We'll show these Chechens who the real Native Americans are!"

Mao Zedong nodded, and triumphantly added "time to get shwifty!" as he manned the lasers.

Edited by Matuchkin

22 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I'd win the strangest dreams award as they have no linear purpose, pacing or fluidity ever. Granted, it seems whenever I take cold medication they get amped up and become 3x more intense and more consistent and logical granted I may have to award that to what I've been doing at night-

That being that I run little adventures with groups of characters in my head to waste the time (usually small talking and interacting) and as that goes on in my head I slowly doze off in 15-20 minutes on average. Noting I have insomnia and very very irregular sleeping patterns.

pppft please, you don't want to know the insanity that lives inside of my head.
Once Upon my neph who was like 5(i think?) stole my sisters car, I tried to get him out the drivers seat and when I did I was trying to get out this weird car park and I kept crashing the car and then started accidently running people over at 6mph and then the police was chasing me

11 hours ago, Spartwo said:

I once dreamt a normal day and kept getting confused about what day it was for the rest of the week. Usually dream nothing, Couple times a year and that's the height of excitement. 

You dream more than you think! You just can't remember. 

If you feel up to it, maybe write down your dreams every morning and review it at the end of the month and you realise you dream a lot. People normally remember dreams where they 'realise' something in it Science has shown.

i dream i m not every being known and unknown in this silly universe slave ... then i usually just wake up with my slow brain processing speed and two hands without really knowing where to start and what to do to help ...

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

Just last night (in my dreams) my health teacher (I passed that LAST semester) gave me a certificate or something apprently important as everyone swarmed me asking how I got it. I then walked downstairs and the cafetiria was replaced with rows of empty glass shelves...Apprently the libary and offices were replaced with a stores which a fellow student said was to increase profits..? Oh and multiple school buses were parked on the school lawn... I do remember flying a B-25 with TV charcters and stuffed animals manning the turrets...

1 hour ago, Spacetraindriver said:

Just last night (in my dreams) my health teacher (I passed that LAST semester) gave me a certificate or something apprently important as everyone swarmed me asking how I got it. I then walked downstairs and the cafetiria was replaced with rows of empty glass shelves...Apprently the libary and offices were replaced with a stores which a fellow student said was to increase profits..? Oh and multiple school buses were parked on the school lawn... I do remember flying a B-25 with TV charcters and stuffed animals manning the turrets...

The last bit sounds kinda awesome. Can't go wrong with a B-25!

You know what would be a cool idea for a dream?

You go to sleep, and dream of being born again, living your whole life (including all your dreams) until the moment you go to sleep. To make it even more confusing, you also dream that very same dream over again. Then you wake up and have an absolute mammoth of an existential crisis.

Also, this makes me think: at some point during your life, your dreams are longer than your actual life. Say, if you were born a day ago, and are now sleeping, your dream can take up a plot span of two days. That happened to me once: a dream with a multi-day plot. Of course, I wasn't a day old when that happened.

Edited by Matuchkin

Every night, I hear a monotone female voice say a date, followed by a list of full names. The last thing that the voice says before the dream cuts out is "memento mortuis". I looked that up on Google Translate and that apparently means "remember the dead" in Latin. Usually happens a day before a fatal event, though most of the time it's some small event anywhere on Earth. The list of names was especially long before the Crimean war in 2015, also the MH-380 crash later on. Anyways, that seems normal, doesn't look like anything's wrong with me. Right?

Last night was interesting for me- dreamt I was back in high school (bout year by this point) and it was the start of a new year only I finally was in a flight class. Basically what I'm hoping to get into in college once I graduate. Spent most of the dream lost and confused. Even dreamed of losing an assignment in my distaste area of a book bag. Those two things are freakishly accurate to my life.

Then I woke up. Not in a flight course, still finishing highschool in home school. Needless to say it put me into a bit of a sour mood the rest of the day. 

• 4 weeks later...

I woke up in the middle of the night because I was cold. I got up, grabbed a blanket, and went back to sleep.

Some time later, I woke up again. I still didn't have a blanket. Annoyed that my previous excursion had been a dream, I got up again and grabbed a blanket.

This happened no less than three times, and that's just the ones I remember. From how I feel today, it probably happened at least a dozen times. None of them were real, because I woke up this morning with no blankets.

I've checked to make sure that the blanket I put there this morning is actually there at least three times.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.