What are your craziest dreams?

Columbia

18 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

I would presume that such sudden fears in dreams are caused by some small temporary heart or lungs disfunction (afaik, don't have any, but maybe some malfunction took place for a minute).

I always thought that the abstract/non-tangible threat dreams were caused by the subconscious doing some kind of background admin whilst you are sleeping and “releasing” some pent up fear or anxiety, or perhaps spontaneously generating it as a result of whatever other unresolved subconscious thoughts/feelings accumulated during the day.

Srsly sleep, wtf?

Yes, as I can understand, dreams are some side-effects of the memory bounds nightly rearranging.

I mean, maybe a constrained pose disturbing the breathing caused a feeling of panic or so, but I definitely was breathing fast when waked up... :confused:

I feel like dropping this link here seems adequate:

"Lucid Dreaming" thread

I can't remember of many dreams right now, but I do remember that I've had some dreams where I was in some kind of small farm, where I was doomed to continuously do the following:

1. Get out of house

2. Go inside a hut.

3. Turn off a light switch

4. Get out of hut and walk towards house

5. Notice that the light is still on

6. Go to step 2, repeat.

I was having that dream relatively often, until I noticed I could use it in order to induce lucid dreams. I don't think I have had it again ever since.

Oh, another weird dream:

I had died and became a soul. I began to wander around a somewhat crowded city that for some reason had a lot of parks. I then saw my physics teacher's soul, ran over to him and gave him a hug, asking he how'd he die. I then saw his real counterpart getting into a fight with a classmate of mine in the middle of the street, with both eventually being ran over by a bus. I then went to continue wandering and I noticed that there was always a guy that looked like the Fallout 4 Vault-Tec rep around me (I never played Fallout 4, by the way), but kept on going.

Eventually, I reached the school where I studied at for about 11 years and went inside it. Inside the last classroom I studied at there, there was a boy being scolded by two teachers, one I do not know and one that works at my current school. I then talked to some other soul and decided to troll the people inside. I went through the door and kept running and jumping around in a gravity defying-fashion.

The teacher I know then scolded me. I had no idea that they could see me, so I poked my right hand's index finger into my left hand and asked her if she could see that, which she said she could. I then ran away from the school and reached a park, where the "Vault-Tec rep" was sitting down. I asked him what was his name, and he told me it was "Polyester" (Kinda admired him, he was acting like he was some kind of guard or something in the dream).

At the park, I wondered to myself (was semi-lucid) if I could build a rocket. My view then went into the sky and through a cloud, after which I saw vikings inside hot air balloons floating up. My view then went to space, where I could see a red version of the world map, which then focused into Japan.

I teleported to the same farm I mentioned above and saw two cats, a large and a small one (this all felt like a cutscene). The small one was very playful, and the large one was trying to rest. I then spawned at the house. Interestingly, this time there was a car parked in front of the hut. I kept on doing the cycle for about 3 times, until I heard a lot of dogs barking. I ran to the house but the door wouldn't open.

I saw the first dog running at me, so I ran to the car (it was a hatchback), opened its trunk and got in. It was somewhat hard to close the trunk's door, and when I finally managed to close it a dog managed to open the driver's door and charge at me, which made me wake up.

I think my brain doesn't want me having lucid dreams. You know, the farm dream thing kinda seems like a dream prison, and I found it really weird that when I noticed that I could use it to get lucid I stopped dreaming about it.

Some days after having the last "farm" dream, I managed to induce a very vivid lucid dream. I managed to do some stuff, but after a while I got teleported into darkness, where I could hear my mind kind of talk to another being:

"He shouldn't be doing this. He shouldn't know."

I remember that it said a lot of philosophical stuff, but I don't remember what it was.

Brains are weird.

Edited by Guest

I remember when I was a kid I used to have this dream, exactly the same, several times. Let's see if I can recount it:

I'm outside my house on the patio, my dad pulls up a giant (6-8 foot) earthworm that can bite from behind the pine tree. A little while later, a Transformer (yes, really) comes out from behind the tree and starts chasing us. We run to the front door, but it's locked. Then I wake up.

It's crazy, I haven't ever had two identical dreams, even when multiple happen in the same setting (evil trash cans in a Super Mario 64-style haunted house), except that one. It was exactly the same dream, every time. The worm, then the Transformer, then the locked door. Weird. Has anyone else had recurring dreams? I suppose they're usually related to a particular memory, but I can't recall anything that's ever happened to me involving Transformers and earthworms. :confused:

Btw, on the evil trash cans, they were like that friggin' AWFUL piano, but smaller, and there were dozens of them in this one room! That piano was one of the scariest video game enemies I've ever witnessed.

Edited by cubinator
On the trash cans

Another recurring dream of mine that I can't remember very well is one in which I'm in some kind of course, it had lots of parts, but I only remember one, which involved the participants having to carve tunnels in compressed bamboo (think of a hollow cube, let's say 30m length, 3m height, 10m width) using the tools they had. The first time I dreamed it I had a machete, I think, but the second time I had a really small axe that was horribly heavy. For some reason I injured someone with a scalp at the end of the dream. Nobody suspected that it was me, but my aunt kind of knew it in the first time I dreamed it, but in the second time she acted in a different way, she kind of started to interrogate me. I remember her asking me to write down the elements, to which I replied "all 118 of them?" (AS, outsmarting aunts since 1337 b.C.)

Sometimes I dream that I have a normal day. I dream that I wake up, go to work, do some routine tasks, then about this time I wake up in real life.

Pretty nice to happen on the weekend, when you wake up and are like "Oh thank the stars, I can go back to sleep."

But pretty depressing if it happens in the week!

I remember when the apocalypse started.

I knew it started because they said on CNN. I was sitting in a pub in England with my father. (I've been there only once). Drinking beer, watching the news. They were broadcasting live as the Kraken emerged from the sea at the shores of France. It was huge, black, squishy. Various scientists and theologians were discussing the events in the studio, most of them agreed that the End is Nigh. I remember some official delegation were arriving to the spot by choppers. People in the pub found that ridiculous. Understandable, as the beast was as big as a city. Some locals rather wanted to watch soccer, but others hushed them. They said there will be a lot more football matches, but only one apocalypse.

Edited by Evanitis

Last night I dreamt that I had a lightsaber duel with Darth Maul outside the gates of Mordor, except Mordor was a giant room that was really dark and medieval-looking, with lots of straw on the floor and the lightsabers were about as big as toothbrushes.

Edited by cubinator

In my youth (long ago) i had once a very uncommon dream, goes like this:

I remember flying with the body of a crowlike bird at night during fullmoon across a snowcovered but bright lit woodland far in the north, flying to the east, the moondisc at my right above the horizon.
Only noise to hear was the wind running trough the wings, some 50 to 100 meters gliding above the treepeaks, watching some frozen lakes beneath passing by.
After a while watching the landscape i descend to a group of trees aside a snowcovered lake or plane, taking a seat on a branch quite on top and keep glaring down the snowy plane direction west, the moondisc to the left now. My view turns to the north and - right aside me sat suddenly a big white owl starring right into my eyes from a very short distance so i could see the moondisc reflecting in it`s big blackblue eyes.

I was deeply shocked ond woke up immediatly, it is the only dream i can remember as if it was a real part of my life, i am atheist btw, i have no weird thoughts about the issue. Dreams are weird.

Yes, the "White owl" company did irritate me somehow as i noticed it...

Edited by Mikki

This was when I was in 5th grade. I don't know why, but I found this dream very weird.

I was the age I was at the time in my dream. It was me, a girl I knew, and this random fat kid. We were surrounded by Russian soldiers. I had a gun. I guess I knew how to fire it because I killed a bunch of them. But there was more. The fat kid and the girl got shot, and I was in a building. I used my gun to kill a bunch of them. As they overwhelmed me, I went into the next dream (or scene 2).

It was me, alone in a city square. It was sorta like Half-Life 2. Big posters with the dude on it, and a bunch of cops walking around, always keeping an eye on everyone. I ran into a group of teenagers in an alley. I got beaten up, but we all became friends. Apparently, the teenagers had a plan. The plan was to take down the CEO of the world. He was in a grey suit, and was always followed by two smaller men, wearing the exact same suit. The plan was to figure out a way to become extremely tall, and to punch him just in the right place to where he would die. After a few days, the "drink" was perfected. They gave me the job of ending this world of business once and for all. I grew about 20-50 ft tall (forgot that part). I readied my fists. Somehow, the CEO found out., and he grew to around my size. I got beat up pretty badly. I managed to hit him at the right place at the right second. He fell, never waking up. I shrunk, nose bleeding, black eye, and 3 missing teeth. I got swarmed by the group. We all cheered. As we were walking back to the hideout, the two men next to the CEO grew, and we ran. There was a second batch of "drink". I tried to hit them. I was outmatched, and as the final blow it me in the head, I woke up. It never truly left my head.

I live in a deep valley, in a small town called Eldorado Springs. It's not like I'm cut of from the world or anything, the nearest suburbia is 6 minute drive away.

Anyway, in this valley there is a huge cliff, probably 600 meter drop. I live across the valley from it, so when I wake up in the morning I can see it.

When I was a lot younger, I had a dream about jumping off it. I was in a hang glider, and I had just jumped off. Everything was great... then the bugs came. A bunch of oversized mosquito-looking things swarmed me and my hang glider disappeared. I started falling down really fast. Quickly, I deployed my emergency  parachute.

Suddenly I was a paratrooper. I had a gun in my hands and the ground below me was now miles away. But before I could do anything, my parachute burst into flames.

I woke up just before I hit the ground.

It was really weird and scary.

@The Thyroid Man I've had several different versions of the "Falling" dream. A lot of them involved really, *really* crazy roadways that went up into the sky and were really narrow and precarious, like something out of a Dr Seuss book, but with the appearance of real roads. Suddenly the road would go 80°+ downhill and I would wake up just before hitting the ground.

Oh, I just remembered this weird recurring dream.

You know, I travel to the Brazilian south with my parents every year or so because my babushka lives there.

So when I was around 4 years old, I started getting this "1D" dream which would only happen when I was there.

It was about infinitely thin colored lines racing each other through a black background.

I would always feel this strange sensation when the dream was happening, kind of the same sensation as when you press your teeth (aka trying to bite with nothing on your mouth, applying force) all over myself.

I don't remember much due to childhood amnesia, but I remember that these lines would always go through a specific set of scenes and one of those involved a basket, and when that basket was reached I would feel sadness for some reason.

Anyways, the dream was a real mess. Up to when I was around 10 years old, every time I would go visit my grandmother I would have that weird dream. Why that happened, I don't know.

Turns out my brain was already weird when I was a small child.

Edited by Guest

• 9 months later...
On 6/20/2016 at 10:51 PM, cubinator said:

Sounds like Flatland. I don't suppose you'd read it by then, though. :D

I have come from the future to announce that I've been thinking of how a 2D universe could work today and somehow remembered your post. I've watched the movie version, found it really interesting, and it turns out the way I think is very similar to how A Sphere explains 3D to A Square.

One thing that I don't get, though, is how would things "stack" in Flatland? Like, I know there's no height dimension, but would things be in superposition?

Would they be in superposition with the background (a floor, for instance)?

11 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

One thing that I don't get, though, is how would things "stack" in Flatland? Like, I know there's no height dimension, but would things be in superposition?

Would they be in superposition with the background (a floor, for instance)?

That would be like teleporting a box into a wall in our universe. It just doesn't work. What we might mistake for a "background" is, to A. Square, just empty space. Superposition cannot occur in Flatland, because there is no 3D space to go around the 2D objects with. If you did have 2D objects in a 3D space, though, and tried to stack them like paper, they would not get any higher because they have no depth. Did that answer your question?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.