[0.90][heavy WIP] Interstellar Adventure - a journey to distant stars.-MuArae system update 1.0

amarius1

License

88x31.png

FRO6RIX.png

Current versions: MuArae 1.0; Kerbol 1.0

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

Welcome to Interstellar Adventure, a mod that aims to recreate real life star systems right into your Kerbal Space Program game. For now, the only system is MuArae, that currently only has 1 rocky planet and 2 gas giants as well as 1 WIP comet that mostly doesn't work, around an orange star. I aim to make separate downloads in the future, each with a different star system.

I know, no pics no kicks, but until I take some, go check for yourself! Happy first April!

Edited by amarius1

I know, no pics no kicks, but I made this mod this morning and I didn't had time to take pictures or even test it! Let me know if it works.

Lol. Are you sure it actualy works? How is this mod any different from dozens of other Planet/Star extension mods? Please give us more background information as it potentialy a very intresting mod. ;)

Edited by FreeThinker

Well, are you familiar with Kopernicus mod? Well that mod was made from another 2 mods, called Kopernicus and Kittopia. KOPERNICUS creates the planets and Kittopia applies the surfaces, since in the past Kopernicus couldn't do that. But now, I made the first pack that uses Kopernicus alone with not other additional plug-in. Also, what is different at my mod, is that you will be able to download separate replicas of real life solar systems. I'm now thinking to move all the stock planets around another star called Kerbol* and make the current Kerbol a black hole.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, there are no other star mods so far, that are created using the more lightweight Kopernicus! PF was lagy and memory consuming, as Kopernicus may use one third of what PF used!

Well, are you familiar with Kopernicus mod? Well that mod was made from another 2 mods, called Kopernicus and Kittopia. KOPERNICUS creates the planets and Kittopia applies the surfaces, since in the past Kopernicus couldn't do that. But now, I made the first pack that uses Kopernicus alone with not other additional plug-in. Also, what is different at my mod, is that you will be able to download separate replicas of real life solar systems. I'm now thinking to move all the stock planets around another star called Kerbol* and make the current Kerbol a black hole.

Great, will you also integrate your expansion like Kerbol Plus and Outer Plantets Plus into your Insterstaller Advanture?

Yes, I'll make configs SO every existent planet pack would get it's own a star system. I will only do 5 systems myself. Kerbol Plus will stay in the Kerbol, system, but Outer Planets and Outer Planets Plus will have their own systems. I ALSO PLAN ON ADDIND A real-life solar system with Earth, moon, Mars... Y' know... It's gonna be owersome...

Yes, I'll make configs SO every existent planet pack would get it's own a star system. I will only do 5 systems myself. Kerbol Plus will stay in the Kerbol, system, but Outer Planets and Outer Planets Plus will have their own systems. I ALSO PLAN ON ADDIND A real-life solar system with Earth, moon, Mars... Y' know... It's gonna be owersome...

Intresting, here comes is the most important question: will you support differenet scales like 2x, 3.2x, 6.4x and 10x for people that like chalenges?

Yes, but I don't guarantee that for stock planets since IDK how well Kopernicus handles that... Also, I just found out that pure Kopernicus rocky moons don't work... I suppose I still have to reside on Kittopia for rocky bodies...

• 1 month later...

(Probably considered a necro bump. Apologies.) Amarius, I downloaded Interstellar and managed to change a few things that you may find beneficial, still working on getting the comet to load though.

I'll stop babbling, if you want any of the configs, I'll upload them to GDrive later.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bxd4h42aMkbffnh5WVJYcVVPdEpYM2ItclB6ckdvdGNIdTFtRDVuNFJPZk9CSFduYlBVWjg&usp=sharing
Edited by Hammersamatom

please give use a status update!

Heh, status update? Well, for now, I have to update it to 1.0 as well as restart development since I've learned a lot since I developed Kerbol plus. Just wait till I finish K+! It is a bigger priority for now. Also, you are free to submit solar system requests. Just search some exoplanet systems on wikipedia and choose then. Afterall the whole scope of the pack is to semirealisticaly simulate exoplanets. I will eventualy make kerbol black, and shrink it so it becomes something like a black hole. Then I'll move the stock planets named Kerbol. Far future plans include adding a cipy of our sooar system in a separate solar system called Sol. Cheers and pray that i have ebiught time to restart development on this!

(Probably considered a necro bump. Apologies.) Amarius, I downloaded Interstellar and managed to change a few things that you may find beneficial, still working on getting the comet to load though.

I'll stop babbling, if you want any of the configs, I'll upload them to GDrive later.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bxd4h42aMkbffnh5WVJYcVVPdEpYM2ItclB6ckdvdGNIdTFtRDVuNFJPZk9CSFduYlBVWjg&usp=sharing

Thank you. I-ll update it as a horfix when I have time.

• 5 months later...

I found this mod on Kerbal Stuff and fixed it up, but I thought KillAshley worked on it too. Is it okay if I work on the mod?

Here are a bunch of screenshots on my progress. I renamed Mu Arae "Alcides", and the planets+comet Iolaus, Iphicles, Hylas, and Megara. Since the constellation of Ara represents the altar Hercules was burned on when he died, I decided to name the star after his original name, and the planets after his allies. I really wanted to suggest these name for the IAU's NameExoWorlds contest, but I couldn't ;.;. When the results are announced in a few weeks, I will rename them all. I also started to make an Epsilon Aurigae system analogue. NOTE: I'm having a little trouble with Megara. That's the green spiky thing towards the end of the album.

Edited by ProtoJeb21

O

On 01.12.2015, 21:53:09, ProtoJeb21 said:

I found this mod on Kerbal Stuff and fixed it up, but I thought KillAshley worked on it too. Is it okay if I work on the mod?

Here are a bunch of screenshots on my progress. I renamed Mu Arae "Alcides", and the planets+comet Iolaus, Iphicles, Hylas, and Megara. Since the constellation of Ara represents the altar Hercules was burned on when he died, I decided to name the star after his original name, and the planets after his allies. I really wanted to suggest these name for the IAU's NameExoWorlds contest, but I couldn't ;.;. When the results are announced in a few weeks, I will rename them all. I also started to make an Epsilon Aurigae system analogue. NOTE: I'm having a little trouble with Megara. That's the green spiky thing towards the end of the album.

Ok this thread has been abbandoned as I don't have nearly enough time to mentain it. You have full permision on what content you change or add but you still need to set me as creator as I plan on returning to it after I finish my mod, Kerbol Origins. Cheers!

14 hours ago, amarius1 said:

O

Ok this thread has been abbandoned as I don't have nearly enough time to mentain it. You have full permision on what content you change or add but you still need to set me as creator as I plan on returning to it after I finish my mod, Kerbol Origins. Cheers!

Thanks. First, though, I need to convert this to Kopernicus Beta, since Kopernicus Core doesn't work with any mod like KittopiaTech that helps with the config files.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.