Kerbal Space Program 1.0 Enters Experimental Testing

SQUAD

With today's Devnote Tuesday update now out, and news of interesting changes still ongoing, I think we have to revisit the phrase "The builds will soon be in the hands of...," used in the OP. A few new reasons to look forward to 1.0 :)

Edited by basic.syntax

He misunderstood, and thought we were talking about the game rather than the dev notes. I doubt that he believes that today's scheduled dev notes will be released in May.

You are correct I thought one user in particular was implying busy devs = release :P:D

Edited by Kerolyov

• 2 weeks later...

Amen!

I do play with mods, though, and my only real gripe with the game is how unstable it gets with some mods (or combination thereof, but it does seem better running on Linux). But I am really looking forward to 1.0, even if it still has bugs. The new stock aerodynamic system alone will probably be worth it. Keep on trucking (rocketing?) Squad!

I've been playing Kerbal for some time, but fairly new to the forums. I took the time to read this entire thread today, whilst my bosses weren't looking, and I get the impression that I'm one of a few players who just love the game. I have no serious complaints about it. Yeah I'd like some things fixed and changed, but those are petty gripes. I'd like my fuel cap on my car to be a bit more secure but I wouldn't demand the company hold up all of production just to fix my little issue. And no, I don't play with mods. Some of them are really cool looking, but I want to play Squad's Kerbal Space Progam, not some one elses. Even if I did have a mod and bugs were popping up, I wouldn't hold Squad accountable.

I do remember earlier on the issue with the big orange tanks and over heating. I was equally frustrated and annoyed with the large rockets wobbling about with the older SAS system. The infini-gliders are kinda fun, but those are gonna disappear as well with the new atmosphere system. Bugs are being dealt with. Full disclosure, I haven't come across any.

Save that one time my space station mysteriously exploded and sent debris in all directions at 3/4's the speed of light. That was a notable day as all of my crew were back on Kerbin ready to launch again. Would Love to have heard Jeb explain that incident.

Even that bug was before .25 and I want to say ARM. I like this game, I love what it does, and what it intends to do. I get the feeling that it isn't about a continual development cycle, it's about the players always wanting more regardless. I imagine if there was clouds and night time light pollution then some one would be demanding to hit birds on the way up, or to see Aura Borealis.

If an asteroid took out every member of Squad I'd still be happy to play .9 as the final development. This game did so much more than I expected and taught me a lot about math and science. I hit a point where I was ready to do calculations and research before I launched a rocket. I hit that point honestly a long time ago, . The rest has been frosting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.