[WIP][1.8.x] KabinKraziness (v0.4.7) 9th Feb 2020

JPLRepo

45 minutes ago, ThaZeus said:

How does this interact with USI and deep Freeze

Works fine with DeepFreeze. KabinKraziness is calculated based on how many crew are in any given part. If the crew are frozen then this mod does not see them.
As for USI LS.... I'm not sure what you are asking? USI LS has it's own elements that are similar to this mod. I'd expect they would operate separately but I have never tested the two together.

• 1 month later...

Hey @crapstar, please note that it is generally frowned upon to post messages asking for modders to update their mods for 1.1 or any new version that is released. They will get to it when they have time to. A message praising the mod goes much further in the way of encouraging them. Thanks a bunch! This goes for the rest of the forum, too.

Also, welcome to the forum!

13 hours ago, crapstar said:

Any plans to make this compatible with 1.1? Thanks

There are plans... When - I cannot answer at this stage.
I have 5 other mods to make compatible with 1.1 before this one.

• 3 weeks later...

so the good news is I already have this mod working under KSP 1.1. But it needs me to finish updating AmpYear (as it requires AmpYear to work) for KSP 1.1. Even better news is now that I have my DeepFreeze mod going under KSP 1.1 my focus has now moved 100% to AmpYear. So hopefully won't be too much longer.

8 hours ago, dlrk said:

If I may offer a suggestion, I'd love to see a version without massage chairs and such, for a more realistic/serious feel

I'm not really sure where I want to take this  mod. Originally I had lots of ideas... but there are a number of other mods playing in this space now. I'm not really sure how many people are actually using this and if it's worth continuing to develop it or leave it to those other mods.

On 2/5/2016 at 2:49 AM, JPLRepo said:

I'm not really sure where I want to take this  mod. Originally I had lots of ideas... but there are a number of other mods playing in this space now. I'm not really sure how many people are actually using this and if it's worth continuing to develop it or leave it to those other mods.

Thanks for your work on this mod. I'm gonna give it a try on my career. Sounds cool somewhat like a life support mod but without the resupply problems.

Is it of any use installing your deep freeze mod with it?

Edited by Elkram

4 minutes ago, Elkram said:

Thanks for your work on this mod. I'm gonna give it a try on my career. Sounds cool somewhat like a life support mod but without the resupply problems.

Is it of any use installing your deep freeze mod with it?

Welcome!
If you Freeze your kerbals with DeepFreeze then they are effectively removed from KabinKraziness calculations/effects whilst they are frozen.

Just now, JPLRepo said:

Welcome!
If you Freeze your kerbals with DeepFreeze then they are effectively removed from KabinKraziness calculations/effects whilst they are frozen.

mm... ok I'll take that into account. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

NP. You do need to install AmpYear to use this mod however. (shares GUI/windows and other internals).

Yeah its installed, giving it a try right now. :cool:

Kabin Kraziness gives an update warning but when you click download it goes to ampyear spacedock page. also both are up to date you may want to check it.

Edited by Elkram

Is there any considering offering this mod on SpaceDock?

On ‎2016‎-‎05‎-‎02 at 8:49 PM, JPLRepo said:

I'm curious how this mod interacts with KeepFit, if at all.  They seem to address the fringes of the same core idea of creating incentive to deal with the hassles of designing and assembling complicated stations, bases, and interplanetary craft.

That said, I responded to discussion thread recently that actively solicited brainstorming ideas.  The original context was with the idea of an extensible life support mod framework that other mods could be built around.  I spent some tie organizing some suggestions that I truly understand would be complicated and ambitious.  Running across your mod here, do you have any ideas to what I said?

8 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

Is there any considering offering this mod on SpaceDock?

I'm curious how this mod interacts with KeepFit, if at all.  They seem to address the fringes of the same core idea of creating incentive to deal with the hassles of designing and assembling complicated stations, bases, and interplanetary craft.

That said, I responded to discussion thread recently that actively solicited brainstorming ideas.  The original context was with the idea of an extensible life support mod framework that other mods could be built around.  I spent some tie organizing some suggestions that I truly understand would be complicated and ambitious.  Running across your mod here, do you have any ideas to what I said?

Yes there seems to be a lot of mods entering into this area of gameplay. I wrote this Mod originally with an idea of expansion but never got to it.. then all these other mods came along.
So many LS options now.. USI LS, TAC LS (under new mgmt), Snacks! (under new mgmt), Kerbalism (doing lots of things), etc, etc.
Then you have mods like this and KeepFit and a few others I had noted some time back (can't find where I wrote it down now).
More recently I started developing another mod called Roster Manager with @Papa_Joe along similar lines (but we have both not had a lot of time recently with 1.1 etc).
I had been thinking of dropping this mod and merging it's concepts into Roster Manager as we build that out, given I never really realised what I wanted with this mod. I like your suggestions. Perhaps we can look to write them into Roster Manager.

As to how this plays with KeepFit - no idea. I've never used it.

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

I like your suggestions. Perhaps we can look to write them into Roster Manager.

Wow, that's awesome.  I have no technical ability, no coding background, but I fully respect that placing an order in two sentences can be for months of work.  What I showed you was a brain dump series of ideas in reply to someone intentionally asking for a brain dump series of ideas.  That said, I do mention at the bottom that I have some other creative talents, with professional experience in logistics resource management -- which frankly is what I was trying to hew my ideas to, since it's what I understand.  If I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to message me or tag me in a forum post -- especially if something I suggested ends up seeing the light of day, I'd be thrilled to take a look at it or to be a beta tester when you get to that stage.

Benn playing with this mod for a few days now. I like it, it's like an easy life support mod it does not have the hassle of managing a set amount of life support/snacks/oxigen and the need of refilling stations with it but it's fun to design taking into account the energy you gotta need. Thanks for your work on this one.

Maybe if you could choose what equipment you place on the pods, or giving more luxury / quality of life to stations components like the hitchiker will improve it.

Edited by Elkram

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about installing this in my long-term save. Curious how it works with permanent off world bases. Do the base mechanics of the mod keep the craziness down as long as there is power, or will it eventually get out of control given enough time?

31 minutes ago, SpacedInvader said:

Thinking about installing this in my long-term save. Curious how it works with permanent off world bases. Do the base mechanics of the mod keep the craziness down as long as there is power, or will it eventually get out of control given enough time?

As long as there is power to run the radio, A/C, chairs, you should be able to offset the Kraziness.

59 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

As long as there is power to run the radio, A/C, chairs, you should be able to offset the Kraziness.

Good, to know, thanks... That might be an interesting mechanic to add in at some point btw. Make the rate that Kraziness accumulates increase over time and then provide a large-ish, heavy-ish module to be used as a dedicated rec-room. This would force bases and long-range ships to accommodate more than just a little extra power for amenities, while at the same time ensuring you won't be sending your kerbals on long journeys without proper facilities.

27 minutes ago, SpacedInvader said:

Good, to know, thanks... That might be an interesting mechanic to add in at some point btw. Make the rate that Kraziness accumulates increase over time and then provide a large-ish, heavy-ish module to be used as a dedicated rec-room. This would force bases and long-range ships to accommodate more than just a little extra power for amenities, while at the same time ensuring you won't be sending your kerbals on long journeys without proper facilities.

Yeah, that was the original idea... I think USI LS has already implemented it.
Beware also: Kraziness increases the further you are away from Home Planet. - I haven't decided what I am going to do with this mod yet... See this post.
Expansion to have specific parts and more mechanics obviously seems logical if I continue to develop it... But not sure yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.