[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

24 minutes ago, Galileo said:

only issues i see so far is the white mountains and the black clouds. The clouds still change color at sunset and sunrise but remain black the rest of the time

J2Nod5A.png

WI9uVk5.png

No idea what's happening here, maybe send me more pics or your kerbin configs.

i was test RSSVE done by @Phineas Freak & it will be very good idea to make a RED warning ppls to not try use new Scatter release with previos visual pack release coz it will generate a masive NFR spam & fps it will crush to unplayable lvl aka 1-5 fps, same CKAN it will be best to not add new release from Scatter till visual pack are not updated to new system or to associate old scatterer with specific visual release

NFR spam

Spoiler

[LOG 17:46:54.180] [Scatterer] Added eclipse caster Moon for Earth
[LOG 17:46:54.183] [Scatterer] Atmosphere config found for: Earth
[EXC 17:46:54.198] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    scatterer.Manager.getDirectionToSun ()
    scatterer.SkyNode.InitPostprocessMaterial (UnityEngine.Material mat)
    scatterer.SkyNode.Start ()
    scatterer.Manager.Awake ()
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[LOG 17:46:54.207] [MessageSystem] Reposition 0.02 69914
[LOG 17:46:54.420] [Scatterer] Added eclipse caster Moon for Earth
[LOG 17:46:54.423] [Scatterer] Atmosphere config found for: Earth
[EXC 17:46:54.438] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()

i smell all visual pack moder it will be very busy :)

Edited by Blacks

54 minutes ago, Blacks said:

i was test RSSVE done by @Phineas Freak & it will be very good idea to make a RED warning ppls to not try use new Scatter release with previos visual pack release coz it will generate a masive NFR spam & fps it will crush to unplayable lvl aka 1-5 fps, same CKAN it will be best to not add new release from Scatter till visual pack are not updated to new system or to associate old scatterer with specific visual release

NFR spam

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 17:46:54.180] [Scatterer] Added eclipse caster Moon for Earth
[LOG 17:46:54.183] [Scatterer] Atmosphere config found for: Earth
[EXC 17:46:54.198] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[LOG 17:46:54.207] [MessageSystem] Reposition 0.02 69914
[LOG 17:46:54.420] [Scatterer] Added eclipse caster Moon for Earth
[LOG 17:46:54.423] [Scatterer] Atmosphere config found for: Earth
[EXC 17:46:54.438] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()

i smell all visual pack moder it will be very busy :)

I have the exact same problem, if you find any fix please let me know! I'm very new to KSP Modding and CKAN only helped me so much! ^^

9 hours ago, blackrack said:

For everyone with nullrefs just add this line to every planet in SVE

mainSunCelestialBody = Sun

That's it, it's because the sun can now be set separately for every planet which is useful for multi-star packs.

With that said I don't recommend using SVE with the new cloud integration until it updates. There are new variables that will be unset with the old configs, namely cloudColorMultiplier, cloudScatteringMultiplier, cloudIrradianceMultiplier and volumetricsColorMultiplier. Unless you want to set these up yourself, you'll have either black clouds or some overbright colors.

For the version number, it's just I didn't update it in game, that's all, it is the latest version however.

And where does one add this line? Wich file?

---

Also my problem: KSP Opens fine, Main menu clouds and shaders look fine, as soon as i go to a KSC the ocean is just a low res blue goo then View the game locks up, 1 FPS and memory jumps to 100% the fix up there i did to the atmo.cfg files in the scatterer\config\planets folder wich made the ocean look fine but the memory usage is still there. Oh and also i have the exact same log as in the quote from Blacks

Edited by Sinopia

@Sinopia most easy fix atm is this:
http://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer
Press on Changelog & DL manually > Version 0.0256 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2
Delete from GameData your actual Scatterer & add previous version aka 0.0256 what you just take. When CKAN it run ignore fact he say it detect a new version (DO NOT update) & stick with what you have till visual pack what you use it will be specifie is fully compatible with Scatterer Version 0.0300

Cheers & have fun :)

27 minutes ago, Sinopia said:

I have the exact same problem, if you find any fix please let me know! I'm very new to KSP Modding and CKAN only helped me so much! ^^

And where does one add this line? Wich file?

---

Also my problem: KSP Opens fine, Main menu clouds and shaders look fine, as soon as i go to a KSC the ocean is just a low res blue goo then View the game locks up, 1 FPS and memory jumps to 100% the fix up there i did to the atmo.cfg files in the scatterer\config\planets folder wich made the ocean look fine but the memory usage is still there. Oh and also i have the exact same log as in the quote from Blacks

Just adding the line doesn't fix everything. Just be patient and I'm sure @Phineas Freak will figure it out

8 minutes ago, Blacks said:

@Sinopia most easy fix atm is this:
http://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer
Press on Changelog & DL manually > Version 0.0256 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2
Delete from GameData your actual Scatterer & add previous version aka 0.0256 what you just take. When CKAN it run ignore fact he say it detect a new version (DO NOT update) & stick with what you have till visual pack what you use it will be specifie is fully compatible with Scatterer Version 0.0300

Cheers & have fun :)

You're the best! ^^ 

20 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Just adding the line doesn't fix everything. Just be patient and I'm sure @Phineas Freak will figure it out

If there are other issues then someone send me a log. As far as I know, the NRE issue everyone is having with getDirectionToSun is fixed by adding that line I posted on every planet's cfg file.

Edited by blackrack

im posting my cfg now

@blackrack here is my atmo.cfg for kerbin

I tried default EVE and the clouds are also black and the mountains are white

I should mention, the clouds arent always black it can be patchy, but most of the time they are completely black

no errors in the output log but here it is anyway

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tbhp4mz2z8cqlg/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Galileo

35 minutes ago, Galileo said:

im posting my cfg now

@blackrack here is my atmo.cfg for kerbin

I tried default EVE and the clouds are also black and the mountains are white

I should mention, the clouds arent always black it can be patchy, but most of the time they are completely black

no errors in the output log but here it is anyway

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tbhp4mz2z8cqlg/output_log.txt?dl=0

Ok, i'll check back and try to take a look when you post your cfg

18 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Ok, i'll check back and try to take a look when you post your cfg

oh woops i thought i did 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kldp9jvzkzsd3i6/atmo.cfg?dl=0

EDIT: I fixed the white mountains by lowere the post processing alpha to 0.5. it just seems extra strong this update
but black clouds still exist

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Blacks said:

@blackrack to be sure i unintended correctly when you say to add that line in every planet cfg you mean in: \config\Planets\ <name of planet> \ atmo.cfg ?

Yes

25 minutes ago, Galileo said:

oh woops i thought i did 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kldp9jvzkzsd3i6/atmo.cfg?dl=0

EDIT: I fixed the white mountains by lowere the post processing alpha to 0.5. it just seems extra strong this update
but black clouds still exist

Nothing changed in the postprocessing so there must be another issue somewhere. By black clouds do you mean just the volumetrics or also the 2d clouds? if so, how does it look from orbit?

Im looking for a solution to a skybox issue im having. I posted in the DistantObjects thread, but now im thinking Scatterer MIGHT be a factor in this. The problem im having is no smooth transition to the skybox at night. Instead of the stars slowly fading in as the sun sets it just stays pitch black for awhile then POOF. Stars. Ive had this issue in the past, but i forget how i fixed it.          LOG                 output_log             Mod List           Any ideas? Could Scatterer even be involved here?

Edited by Motokid600

21 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Sorry, I was wrong, add it to every planet entry in planetsList.cfg

confirm editing that file it stop NRE to spam & fps is back on business BUT i strong advice, suggest all to be patience & wait visual pack moder to came with a fresh new proper release or to use previous release

about black cloud i think i can narrow when they was get in coz i think in my testing with your experimental i see them & i was not sure if was something on my side or with that version but for that i need more time to combine all release what you was done: auroraFix, scattererWobblingFIX, scattererTrackingStation, KopernicusWithRingShader, scattererExperimental

back on testing

4 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Im looking for a solution to a skybox issue im having. I posted in the DistantObjects thread, but now im thinking Scatterer MIGHT be a factor in this. The problem im having is no smooth transition to the skybox at night. Instead of the stars slowly fading in as the sun sets it just stays pitch black for awhile then POOF. Stars. Ive had this issue in the past, but i forget how i fixed it.          LOG                 output_log             Mod List           Any ideas? Could Scatterer even be involved here?

As far as I know that's just how KSP does it, DOE or any other mod has nothing to do with it.

8 minutes ago, Blacks said:

@Motokid600 i spot in your log > TextureReplacer < try temporary remove that & see if your problem it get fix coz from how you describe it is a old bug from that mod if my memory is not to rusty

he wants to use Texture replacer for the skybox. removing it obviously would fix his issue, but its not the wanted result.

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

he wants to use Texture replacer for the skybox. removing it obviously would fix his issue, but its not the wanted result.

i know that but how i say that was a old bug what was sneak in with 1.1 or something