[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

Actually, Contract Configurator uses Alt-F10, Module Manager uses Alt-F11. Neither of which have a setting to change the hotkey either.
Is there a way to get to the settings without using alt-f10 / alt-f11, I run linux and alt-f10 is bound to something in the system and alt-f11 seems to be used by contract configurator, is there a way to change the binding?

What would be a good key combination for everyone? Alt+S?

This mod is amazing when put alongside GEMFX it looks beautiful beyond imagination. I personally do not enjoy using this with clouds. Does anyone know any cloud mods that is jut a flat layer of high-res clouds or clouds that only come/fade into view after you pass a certain distance from the surface. I have noticed one bug though. When I start the game up such as loading a save, reverting to launch, or going to the launch pad or runway there is no atmosphere and the sky is all black. This bug is easily fixable by zooming way out until the atmosphere suddenly appears permanently until you go back to the space center but it is very annoying. Also I am running this on KSP x64. Another thing to mention the github link for the config is not working.

Edit: I have also been experiencing the flashing bug that alot of other people seem to be having.

Sorry about the config tool, I may have messed up, I'll put it back up later.

Today I am going to see if not Alt-Tabbing ever and disabling Post-Proccessing will squash, well more like cover up, all my bugs. :D Also I will try out that amazing config tool when its up! Keep doing what you do blackrack! This is amazing work!

Edit: Oh and how about a button on the toolbar mod for the config.

Black Sky Bug Fixed: Simply do not ever alt-tab :D.

Flashing Ocean Bug Fixed: You have to turn off post processing which makes everything not as pretty so I'm going to cope with the flashing for now.

Edited by dudefinal

Today I am going to see if not Alt-Tabbing ever and disabling Post-Proccessing will squash, well more like cover up, all my bugs. :D Also I will try out that amazing config tool when its up! Keep doing what you do blackrack! This is amazing work!

Edit: Oh and how about a button on the toolbar mod for the config.

Actually on that note (This is not a bug report, I know better ;) )

In win 10 x64 I have found that the zoom / scroll wheel freaks out on game start and will stay that way unless you alt-tab in and out of the game. Then it works just fine. (This appears to be a squad thing not Scatterer). Also the black sky / unrendered sky on launch is still a thing, but zooming out into space and back in again fixes that just like it did before.

You should be able to find the texture somewhere in the scatterer folder. I can' recall were and I haven't done any messing around with it but you sure could give it a go. :P

Something you've recently done broke the 64bit version, I'm not getting the skybox, but planets work fine. The one I downloaded 10 days ago works fine. pls fix thank

Screenshots, because why not?

http://imgur.com/6xv6iv3,wVvkULU

Zoom way out it will suddenly appear. Do this every time it happens.

- - - Updated - - -

You should be able to find the texture somewhere in the scatterer folder. I can' recall were and I haven't done any messing around with it but you sure could give it a go. :P

I do know where the texture is but every single time I replace it there is no change :confused: I'm using the config for this btw.

- - - Updated - - -

I do know where the texture is but every single time I replace it there is no change :confused: I'm using the config for this btw.

Huh. Sunflare why u do dis! :mad:

- - - Updated - - -

Something you've recently done broke the 64bit version, I'm not getting the skybox, but planets work fine. The one I downloaded 10 days ago works fine. pls fix thank

What mod ads that parachute and EVA kerbal icon? And that vase above the checklist?! They look pretty >.>

It's not a texture problem, 32bit works fine.

Alright, thanks. But I guess I'll stick with the older version.

Trying this out for the first time(i've read back, didn't see anything about it). I'm having an issue with post-processing on, the ocean when at around 1,000 to 150,000km flickers and has black spots all over it. Didn't know if this was a known bug in the works or if it's just an issue with me. I do have sky kerbalism installed, if the rescale has anything to do with it. Other than that I'm loving this mod :) This happens on launch and KSC view

nmAXCeS.jpg?1

(runway is cut out in the screenshot for some reason)

EDIT - I fixed it by messing with the exposure a bit, looks less foggy but nevertheless I actually like it better :P

Edited by Gad

Gad: I had the exact same problem with rescaled systems. I posted pictures of it a couple weeks ago. I never got a response by Blackrack though. I will try adjusting exposure too, thanks for the advice.
Trying this out for the first time(i've read back, didn't see anything about it). I'm having an issue with post-processing on, the ocean when at around 1,000 to 150,000km flickers and has black spots all over it. Didn't know if this was a known bug in the works or if it's just an issue with me. I do have sky kerbalism installed, if the rescale has anything to do with it. Other than that I'm loving this mod :) This happens on launch and KSC view

http://i.imgur.com/nmAXCeS.jpg?1

(runway is cut out in the screenshot for some reason)

EDIT - I fixed it by messing with the exposure a bit, looks less foggy but nevertheless I actually like it better :P

Not sure about rescale mods because RSS seems to work fine. If you have any other mods, keep digging. Otherwise wait for a bit, I'm assuming this is related to the moire patterns and the "horizon break" issue and I might have a workaround up soon for these two.

Not sure what the problem is, just make another png file with your texture.

Tbh I have no idea why you guys are getting this problem now, I didn't even touch the dx9 shader or make any changes to the main plugin code except for adding a small delay function.

To better isolate the problem, try downloading the new version and replacing it's scatterer.dll with the one from two weeks ago. Then do the same but instead of the .dll file do it with .shader files, tell me which one fixes it.

Hey Blackrack can we get some more pictures of Duna with that sunrise? :D

I don't have any lying around now but have this instead. Note that I haven't done any additional work on the water and that it still has the same problems and isn't ready for release but far from it. Awesome plane (or bird) design by avera9eJoe

3ufu1pu.png

HWT1Gfe.jpg

CNF9Jjb.jpg

5gvri4b.jpg

mqUrEvC.jpg

N7w1xSS.jpg

prXENAO.jpg

Edited by blackrack

snip

I don't have any lying around now but have this instead. Note that I haven't done any additional work on the water and that it still has the same problems and isn't ready for release but far from it. Awesome plane (or bird) design by avera9eJoe

http://i.imgur.com/3ufu1pu.png

http://i.imgur.com/HWT1Gfe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CNF9Jjb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5gvri4b.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mqUrEvC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/N7w1xSS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/prXENAO.jpg

Is that with EVE Overhaul? I want that water...

Changed a couple of reaction images to links. Use your words, people!

Water is looking fantastic, blackrack, can't wait for this to be ready for release.

Fair enough - My apologies. The water really is looking great Blackrack. SonicEther would be proud.

Tbh I have no idea why you guys are getting this problem now, I didn't even touch the dx9 shader or make any changes to the main plugin code except for adding a small delay function.

To better isolate the problem, try downloading the new version and replacing it's scatterer.dll with the one from two weeks ago. Then do the same but instead of the .dll file do it with .shader files, tell me which one fixes it.

It was the dll file.

Edited by Burdman

IMO the water should be a priority. It is currently the worst-looking thing in KSP, even without bump map.

First, love this mod :) Having a strange issue with the settings.cfg, though, where my config points keep getting reset/overwritten to 5000 and 15000. Looking [briefly] at your source, blackrack, it is this var (ln 193 in SkyNode.cs) that is being used somewhere to overwrite the settings.cfg file:

[Persistent] public List<configPoint> configPoints= new List<configPoint> {new configPoint(5000f,1f,0.25f,1f,0.4f,0.23f) ,new configPoint(15000f,1f,0.15f,1f,8f,0.23f)};

Any idea why scatterer would be overwriting the settings.cfg with that list? Didn't try to take the time to debug it myself yet, wanted to see if it was isolated to me first as I get the feeling it is.

Edited by chrisv

First, love this mod :) Having a strange issue with the settings.cfg, though, where my config points keep getting reset/overwritten to 5000 and 15000. Looking [briefly] at your source, blackrack, it is this var (ln 193 in SkyNode.cs) that is being used somewhere to overwrite the settings.cfg file:

Any idea why scatterer would be overwriting the settings.cfg with that list? Didn't try to take the time to debug it myself yet, wanted to see if it was isolated to me first as I get the feeling it is.

I don't even see anything like that in my settings.cfg. You are talking about the actual KSP settings file right? Does the entire file get overwritten? Or does that line get appended/inserted somewhere? How does it manifest?