[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

1 hour ago, Robert DeLuca said:

Yes, this fixes the floating tiles issue for sure. The game is beautiful again, but I noticed two issues:

1) Some weird artifacts on Duna when zoomed in close. They follow the contours of the terrain and phase in and out depending on the camera angle:

2) Entering and leaving the Jool system has a crazy long stutter, but it otherwise looks good.

Eve and Kerbin look great. Thank you for your work.

that's the dust storms on SVE that cause the artifact. SVE will not work with the experimental scatterer just posted today. Do not use the experimental version. performance issues and other errors will occur. Stick with v0.0300 until I update SVE. if you choose to continue to use the experimental version, know that I or anyone else will not provide support if you come across any problems

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

that's the dust storms on SVE that cause the artifact. SVE will not work with the experimental scatterer just posted today. Do not use the experimental version. performance issues and other errors will occur. Stick with v0.0300 until I update SVE. if you choose to continue to use the experimental version, know that I or anyone else will not provide support if you come across any problems

No worries, not looking for support, was just giving requested feedback as best as I could :P

12 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Ah, not good, I will make a better fix.

I have been testing for hours now, and the only things I can find wrong, is the water physics and the white caps are broken again. Other than that, perfect. 

Edit: oh, and having to go back to the main menu after making an EVE change :wink: lol

Edited by Galileo

8 hours ago, blackrack said:

Ah, not good, I will make a better fix.

I'm so excited!, and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!!
I know, I know, I know, I know, I want y.....

Ok... maybe going a bit too far with that :P

Edited by TheKurgan

7 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

I'm so excited!, and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!!
I know, I know, I know, I know, I want y.....

Ok... maybe going a bit too far with that :P

Relax, don't do it,
When you want to go through it...

I wonder if it's possible to add the glow effect to Mun, some way to make Mun reflect sunlight in Kerbin's atmosphere. (Clouds, ocean, etc)

imgur.com/a/9qy8O

I created a white atmosphere using laythe as a base. Both, Map View and Sky / Orbit.

But I have not figured out how to add sparkle or reflection, maybe I use Sunflares to add a Fake Glow to mun will.
Edited by Melaconda

On July 3, 2017 at 5:10 PM, Melaconda said:

I wonder if it's possible to add the glow effect to Mun, some way to make Mun reflect sunlight in Kerbin's atmosphere. (Clouds, ocean, etc)

Yes, planet shine is a thing blackrack has showcased in previous posts but is still too much a WIP to include in a release. 

8 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

I remember BahamutoD's video with engine heat haze

Yeah that was incredible... sad to know that it's no longer being worked on though :/ - It would be very nice to have in cinematics

54 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@blackrack Probably a dumb question, but can scatterer be related to a possibilty for engine heat haze/refraction for KSP?

C8ywqfN.png

I've been thinking about it since I added water refraction, it's a bit more complicated but totally feasible (although I still have a few things to investigate before I can tell what the performance hit will be like)

5 minutes ago, blackrack said:

I've been thinking about it since I added water refraction, it's a bit more complicated but totally feasible (although I still have a few things to investigate before I can tell what the performance hit will be like)

Huh. So long as it doesn't effect performance while it's deactivated I don't think people would be too worried about performance seeing as it's eye candy :wink: Maybe only for jet engines? I'm glad to hear you think it's a plausible addition. It sure would spice things up again :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

2 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Huh. I don't think people would be too worried if it had a performance hit seeing as it's pure eye candy :wink: glad to hear you think it's a plausible addition! It sure would spice things up.

Plenty of people would mind if the performance was impacted lol but it would be cool 

5 minutes ago, blackrack said:

I agree with @Avera9eJoe especially since scatterer is highly configurable anyway. I'm one to vote on adding it when you can. Really glad to know it's possible.

4 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Oh, also how's it been going Blackheart? :) I haven't seen you in a while

Well, stuff happened, partially due to playing other games, I'll likely update things on my own thread so to keep it on topic, got to play ArmA for a bit and beauty struck me, craved for heat haze from turbine exhausts. Immediately thought of implementing it, realizes it's post process and requires a plug-in, so I asked here. :P