[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

that is NOT sve in that screenshot

That's why I said that I'm pretty sure SVE has nothing to do with this problem...

I'm trying to find where in KSPRC there's a sunflare texture. Can you point me to it? I did update all of KSPRC's dependencies, and the terrain textures seem to be working, but this is my first time using KSPRC so I'm not sure what, if anything, is missing.

Output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtnucn3ev4dggy6/output_log.txt?dl=0

Gamedata:

caaaa4414c.png

13 minutes ago, blorgon said:

That's why I said that I'm pretty sure SVE has nothing to do with this problem...

I'm trying to find where in KSPRC there's a sunflare texture. Can you point me to it? I did update all of KSPRC's dependencies, and the terrain textures seem to be working, but this is my first time using KSPRC so I'm not sure what, if anything, is missing.

Output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtnucn3ev4dggy6/output_log.txt?dl=0

Gamedata:

caaaa4414c.png

you CANNOT use KSPRC and SVE together unless you know what you are doing. both mods are visual mods and will conflict. This is why i created SVT for terrain textures. There are guides in the forum somewhere that help you use KSPRC's ground textures along with SVEs clouds but you will have to search for it.

KSPRC has its own clouds that clash with SVE so they will need to be removed

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

you CANNOT use KSPRC and SVE together unless you know what you are doing. both mods are visual mods and will conflict. This is why i created SVT for terrain textures

Alright, I'll try SVT.

FWIW I wasn't having any issues with the two together until I updated to the new SVE and tried changing Scatterer's sunflare. I had already replaced the sunflare once with no problems.

1 hour ago, blorgon said:

Alright, I'll try SVT.

FWIW I wasn't having any issues with the two together until I updated to the new SVE and tried changing Scatterer's sunflare. I had already replaced the sunflare once with no problems.

That's because the cfg structure for scatterer has changed to include its sun flare cfg. KSPRC will have to update to work properly with scatterer.

Edited by Galileo

59 minutes ago, Galileo said:

That's because the cfg structure for scatterer has changed to include its sun flare cfg. KSPRC will have to update to work properly with scatterer.

I found the specific sun texture that was causing the problem. Removed it and everything looks fine now.

10 hours ago, Galileo said:

That's not true. The latest version of SVE does not overwrite anything except the atmo cfgs of the bodies. It does not overwrite the sunflare or the ocean shaders any longer. Now the control over performance and options is in the users hands. Also, SVE no longer bundles a sunflare due to too many people complaining about not knowing how to replace textures. Go download the latest version 1.2.5.0

Im sorry for wrong info, had 1.2.5 installed but reverted to older version faster than i realised it doesn't do a lot of things it did previously.

Need some help with this: 5yQdTCo.jpg

I have no idea what causes that. Those artifacts appear only at pretty low altitude over the water.

Edited by Nightwindale

28 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

Having a problem when i use scatterer with Astonmers Daydream.vuEOZOf.jpg

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this

Does daydream bundle scatterer? I believe it does and if that's the case, it's an old version that doesn't work in 1.3 resulting in floating tiles and missing terrain. Please ensure you have the lastest version of scatterer

Edited by Galileo

Hi @blackrack. I'm getting Null ref exceptions with the latest scatterer (v 0.0320b). KSP.log and output_log.txt are here: Dropbox

[EXC 21:14:12.090] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	scatterer.RefractionCamera.OnPreCull ()

[Scatterer] Volumetric clouds error on planet: KerbinSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at scatterer.SkyNode.mapEVEvolumetrics () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[EXC 21:14:15.931] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	scatterer.SkyNode.UpdateStuff ()
	scatterer.UpdateOnCameraPreCull.OnPreCull ()
[LOG 21:14:20.035] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From TRACKSTATION to FLIGHT (Async) =====================
[EXC 21:14:20.036] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	scatterer.Core.Update ()

Just now, maja said:

Hi @blackrack. I'm getting Null ref exceptions with the latest scatterer (v 0.0320b). KSP.log and output_log.txt are here: Dropbox

[EXC 21:14:12.090] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	scatterer.RefractionCamera.OnPreCull ()

[Scatterer] Volumetric clouds error on planet: KerbinSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at scatterer.SkyNode.mapEVEvolumetrics () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 21:14:15.931] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	scatterer.SkyNode.UpdateStuff ()
	scatterer.UpdateOnCameraPreCull.OnPreCull ()

[LOG 21:14:20.035] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From TRACKSTATION to FLIGHT (Async) =====================
[EXC 21:14:20.036] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	scatterer.Core.Update ()

Post logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder. Those typically pop up when cfg are written incorrectly.

5 minutes ago, maja said:

Cool. It may be an SVE issue. I don't recall any issues, but I'll look into it today at some point.

in the mean time, remove all mods and reinstall. Make sure you have the latest SVE as well.

Just now, Galileo said:

Cool. It may be an SVE issue. I don't recall any issues, but I'll look into it today at some point.

in the mean time, remove all mods and reinstall. Make sure you have the latest SVE as well.

All is the latest and for KSP 1.3 as far as I know, downloaded yesterday, installed and reinstalled right before the report. SVE is v1.2.5.0

2 minutes ago, maja said:

All is the latest and for KSP 1.3 as far as I know, downloaded yesterday, installed and reinstalled right before the report. SVE is v1.2.5.0

Ok great. I'll look at it in a bit and see what's wrong

@Galileo you have experience with Sunflares I think - reckon you can help with this (hopefully) simple fix?

I have a small star which I'd like to zoom into, but the stock sunflare and the scatterer subflare both fade away, leaving the bare star texture, which is relatively ugly. Do you know of a way to stop the sunflare from fading out or reducing the range?

Cheers. 

5 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

@Galileo you have experience with Sunflares I think - reckon you can help with this (hopefully) simple fix?

I have a small star which I'd like to zoom into, but the stock sunflare and the scatterer subflare both fade away, leaving the bare star texture, which is relatively ugly. Do you know of a way to stop the sunflare from fading out or reducing the range?

Cheers. 

There is a parameter in the sunflare configs (I can't think of the name at the moment) and I think the default value is 250000 or something like that. That value is how close you get to the sun before the sunflare disappears. You could technically set that to 0 and keep the sunflare even when zoomed in I think. I'm not a my pc otherwise I would be more precise. I think the parameter I'm talking about is named pretty   straight forward

Edited by Galileo

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

There is a parameter in the sunflare configs (I can't think of the name at the moment) and I think the default value is 250000 or something like that. That value is how close you get to the sun before the sunflare disappears. You could technically set that to 0 and keep the sunflare even when zoomed in I think. I'm not a my pc otherwise I would be more precise. I think the parameter I'm talking about is named pretty   straight forward

Cheers I'll take a look when I'm on my PC again. I was hoping for something regarding the stock sunflares (without scatterer) but it doesn't look terrible. Thanks

5 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Cheers I'll take a look when I'm on my PC again. I was hoping for something regarding the stock sunflares (without scatterer) but it doesn't look terrible. Thanks

OH I read your comment wrong, completely. Send me your sun cfg and any textures you use for it and I'll see what's up. The stock flare shouldn't disappear though. That just sounds like a kopernicus cfg that need some adjusting

Edited by Galileo

36 minutes ago, Galileo said:

OH I read your comment wrong, completely. Send me your sun cfg and any textures you use for it and I'll see what's up. The stock flare shouldn't disappear though. That just sounds like a kopernicus cfg that need some adjusting

I'll tag you tomorrow with the config and that lot, cheers :)

21 hours ago, Galileo said:

Does daydream bundle scatterer? I believe it does and if that's the case, it's an old version that doesn't work in 1.3 resulting in floating tiles and missing terrain. Please ensure you have the lastest version of scatterer

It does bundle scatter as an "Extra" Option. It looks good so I chose it.

Ill try the new version and hope it is compatible with Daydream.

Edited by Starslinger999

2 hours ago, Starslinger999 said:

It does bundle scatter as an "Extra" Option. It looks good so I chose it.

Ill try the new version and hope it is compatible with Daydream.

The new version won't work because the cfg structure in scatterer has change.

his bundled version was the default scatterer. Not much reason to bundle it to be honest

Edited by Galileo

I'm having some trouble with scatterer's sunflare. Looks like the stock sunflare isn't being overwritten...?

Output: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtnucn3ev4dggy6/output_log.txt?dl=0

Here's a screenshot of what it's supposed to look like:

41fb860b0b.png

And here's one of what it currently looks like (it's loading the sunflare texture, but it's not replacing the stock flare):

6a36b7ea50.png

Gamedata:

62f9cdd7c0.png

I love how scatterer makes game look beyond beautiful but there is one issue keeps annoying me;

5QyLMz.jpg

Akzn5v.jpg

Planes look like they're out of place, they have almost zero lighting from ambiance. I wonder if blackrack or somebody else has plan to do anything about it. It'd be totally epic.

I also have some scatterer settings questions. I've been messing around with the settings and have come up with an atmosphere that I really like for Kerbin (at least in map view). I was trying to get rid of these terrain highlights on the dark side using `MapExtinctionMultiplier`. Here it is with the multiplier at its default value:

3cc1cb5f8a.png

And here's what I want it to look like (the multiplier set to 0):

b67b01195e.png

BUT, when the multiplier is set to zero, obviously the terrain disappears (notice the island to the left of the Saturn K).

Is there another setting I could mess with that could get me that pitch black dark side, but also still show the terrain on the day side?