What Are Things You've Heard That Made You Facepalm?

michaelsteele3

"What should I write in this email?"

or

"What is the policy that I made last week and had you explain to me twice already?"

or

"How should I do my job?"

--Civil Servant making three and a half times my salary

There are some times I get so mad at America's education that I just feel like nuking Washington. This is one of those times.

Also: "The earth has to be flat, because if it was round everyone below the equator would fall off into space"

I would recommend editing or removing this.

Please don't insult countries on this thread. It's absolutely unnecessary, and I don't want this locked.

Some of these celebrity quotes I came across the other day. I won't mention who said what though. Each of the following statements was said by different people, namely celebrities.

"I've got taste. It's inbred in me." (Inbred? I mean, don't all of us apart from you also have 'taste'?!)

"And now the sequence of events, in no particular order." (Excuse me please, but 'sequence' means what exactly?)

And the one that literally takes the cake: "Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean, I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff."

FACEPALMS galore!

lol that video made my day.

in a youtube comments section: "how do I comment on this video?"

similarly, from a website Q&A:

Q: I do not have access to a computer or the internet, is there any way I can access this website?

A: If you don't have any internet access, how did you post the question?

I know one extremely computer-stupid person who said something about the lines of:

I'll just delete the entire C:/. Don't know what it is so I don't need it.

Luckily I stopped her in time. God knows what she'd do if her computer suddenly stopped working.

In a History lesson:

Teacher: Tell me three countries that have been completely conquered by ....-Germany in WWII.

Pupil: Russia, the Soviet Union and the USSR.

he got a grade on that answer....

EDIT: Hm, that n-word gets censored ... guess you know what I mean.

In a History lesson:

Teacher: Tell me three countries that have been completely conquered by ....-Germany in WWII.

Pupil: Russia, the Soviet Union and the USSR.

Wait, he forgot about Soviet Russia! and the Russian empire! and ze motherland!

There was this one time I saw a page exclaiming that MH17 was a hoax.. for reasons a single glance could find errors in.

I'm not going to mention the page, or where it is to abide by rules.

"Well yeah.. Of course all people are equal. But some people are just more equal."

This phrase comes from Orwell's Animal Farm. If they were using it in a mocking, satiric, or joking way & talking about politics they might've been trying to make a point.