What Are Things You've Heard That Made You Facepalm?

michaelsteele3

This phrase comes from Orwell's Animal Farm. If they were using it in a mocking, satiric, or joking way & talking about politics they might've been trying to make a point.

I knew the phrase from somewhere, that's probably the reason I've translated the thoughts of a (famous) dutch politician this way.

Is Rainbow-Trout a good name for a baby girl?

I want my first daughter to be a girl!

60% of people in this world are stupid, I'm with the other 30%.

Hashtag Jameson was born at 10 ocl'ock last nite!!!1 Shes so cut i luv her.

I'm gonna turn this team around 360 degrees!

What is Obama's last name?

Is Ebola bad for you?

Is Ebola a country?

I wanna visit the ifold tower someday.

Where is the great wall of China?

(I'm half American btw, and this makes me sad) Ppl say America is the dumbest countrie in the world. I think Europe is!

- - - Updated - - -

On a game I just played after shooting someone:

Your jst a dub kid I hat u!1!!

- - - Updated - - -

We did a project on our universe in science last year, and I just remembered in a presentation (made by a kid):

The 5 planets in our Solar System have about 20 moons. As you can see, this is Mars *Shows picture of Venus*.

(Everyone was face-palming)

Jupiter has flat rings made of lots of little moons... *Photo of Saturn*

Then the teacher said "I've heard enough. Thank you"

When I went on they had to stop me because I was 10 minutes over my recommended presentation time.

- - - Updated - - -

I+love+yahoo+answers+jesus_9f1c74_4559348.png

What is Obama's last name?

I have seen this one many times, and it never gets old XD

Also, some things I remember from my old school:

'meteors blow a permanent hole in the atmosphere, like they do in the ground'

'satellites are clearly fake because the ones they show in orbit (the actual satellite with the antennas and solar panels) look completely different when they launch (he thought the launch vehicle was the same thing)

'Gravity does not exist, as I will show you in this experiment *grabs a sheet of paper and a balloon* Gravity states that objects will pull relatively lighter objects towards it *holds paper just under the surface of the balloon* This paper is relatively much lighter than this balloon, so why isn't the balloon pulling the paper towards it?'

Edited by ChrisSpace

Sarah Palin once said: "polar bears aren't endangered they are just unlucky"

also from her:

"Africa is a country"

"Of course i'm well expierenced at foreign politics, because from Alaska we could see Russia on the other side..."

Don't read the last one twice or you will facepalm again and burst out in tears...

also from her:

"Africa is a country"

"Of course i'm well expierenced at foreign politics, because from Alaska we could see Russia on the other side..."

Don't read the last one twice or you will facepalm again and burst out in tears...

Oh god just kill me already.

- - - Updated - - -

Edited by Vanamonde
Done.

also from her:

"Africa is a country"

In the words of Robin Williams:

"I can see San Quentin from my backyard but that doesn't qualify me on prison reform."

Neil Armstrong was the first man in space.

urmahgurd do you even space breh

This one I wouldn't get too fussy over. He WAS the first man on the moon, and not too many people know about Gagarin. Besides, what would you rather do, make them feel stupid or tell them what the correct thing is?

"Hello, welcome to Wendy's. May I take your order."

"Sure. Hey, let's go ahead and get a number 3. I'd like that large if you don't mind, and with a large coke as well?"

"What size do you want your drink?"

"...................Do I actually have to explain that? Loud impacting sound of hand to forehead."​

Test: Fifth Grade.

Multiple Choice Section. I am NOT making this up.

There was a question that asked

Like the Earth, the Moon is made of _______

I answered "rock" or something.

Apparently, the "correct" answer was, fire.

What the what... :confused:

Ohh this goes to starwhip. I constantly told him teach me how to use this blender addon. All I had to do was enable the addon to make it work

Starwhip

*facepalm*

He had both the addons, he said.

He fixed kspdir.txt, he said.

:P (It's called the Mohole, by the way)

Anyway, cool craft!

I feel sad in a way I made him go through all of that pain for a simple addon enable

Cheese, surely?

Definitely not mint ice cream.

And I've had the occasional "the moon landings were faked" thrown at me. I've found it's not worth wasting too much energy on the terminally dim.

Alright, that is absurd. Downright absurd. Perhaps the teacher was thinking about the mantle of the Moon, not the surface...

"We could take one of Jupiter's moons and put it into orbit around the Earth, after the Moon recedes too far away"

First, you would need an absolutely huge rocket to move a moon:

Second, by the time the moon gets far enough away to not be helping us anymore, we will have developed the tech to keep it in orbit.

Edited by livefree75

And I've had the occasional "the moon landings were faked" thrown at me. I've found it's not worth wasting too much energy on the terminally dim.

And so did I. Being a person who is often seen reading books about Space and Flight, people often exclaim to me that the Apollo landings were hoaxed, all the time.

I was really annoyed.

Just last week I lost respect for my science teacher when she insisted that friction caused meteors to heat up on re-entry, it does play a part but the air compressing is where most of the heat comes from. I have had this argument with EVERY SCIENCE TEACHER I HAVE HAD.