[1.8.x] KerboKatz - SmallUtilities - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

One small question:
What''s difference between your mod FPSLimiter & using Game FPS limiter ? beside have quick access in game with out goo in setting ?

& i am intrigue how it can be done live switching / changing with out make game crash O.o usual something like this was require a full restart :o witch is great :cool:

Thx & sorry in case i set a question what my be you already ....

Just now, Blacks said:

One small question:
What''s difference between your mod FPSLimiter & using Game FPS limiter ? beside have quick access in game with out goo in setting ?

& i am intrigue how it can be done live switching / changing with out make game crash O.o usual something like this was require a full restart :o witch is great :cool:

Thx & sorry in case i set a question what my be you already ....

Well for one the kerbal settings only allows you to set it to 60,80 and 120. While my mod allows you to set it to any value you like. As a bonus it has another setting which can be used to limit the game fps while its in the background to reduce CPU & GPU load.

well using other value beside 30, 60 like increment & it was suppose to be 90 it can cause usual problem from what i know but my be i am wrong, anyway most certainly it will goo on my list to test & must be use special it can be done live direct in game, what can serve on my future test!!!!! all i hope to not influence in bad way game engine what is already, let say to be gentle so fragile on this moment :rolleyes:

thx for replay

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Crabman said:

Any news about  AutoBalancingLandingLeg? Thanks for the work on Kerbokatz!

Last i checked the stock legs were horribly unstable. Updating AutoBalancingLandingLeg will have to wait until the stock ones are stable.

3 minutes ago, curiousepic said:

Are DestroyAll and RecoverAll wrapped into SmallUtilities itself? If so, are they updated to 1.1.2? I'm not seeing them in the stock toolbar button after installing 1.4.0 via CKAN.

Yes they are. Are you seeing the KerboKatz cat in the toolbar? If not logs would be useful. If you do they should be in there somewhere.

2 minutes ago, SpaceTiger said:

Yes they are. Are you seeing the KerboKatz cat in the toolbar? If not logs would be useful. If you do they should be in there somewhere.

Nevermind! I did not realize they were only available in Tracking Station (could bear specific mention in description on front page).  Would be nice to have access in map during a flight though.

Edited by curiousepic

Just now, curiousepic said:

Nevermind! I did not realize they were only available in Tracking Station (could bear mentioning in description on front page).  Would be nice to have access in map during a flight though.

I'll add that information. I'm not sure how Kerbal would react if i remove stuff while its actively using it. Time to find out!

3 hours ago, KocLobster said:

Is there a reason why the EditorCamExtension was not updated to 1.1 and not included in any of the recent zips on github? Is it going to be depreciated now?

It has a larger code base. It will be updated sometime soon.

3 hours ago, Azimech said:

PhysicalTimeRatioViewer is a must for me, thanks for updating!

Always happy to hear something like this :)

@SpaceTiger I'm having some issues with your suite of Utilities (which are great by the way:)). Log here loaded with just module manager and your Small Utilities + Sampler. And the game hangs on the final loading screen.

There are a few other NRE's, but I think this one is the culprit. This is with the very latest version 1.4.1 from your GitHub page, installed manually. Linux 64 bit.

Cheers.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerboKatz.Assets.AssetLoader.GetAsset[Sprite] (System.String name, System.String pathInBundle, System.String bundlePath, System.String dataType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerboKatz.FPSL.FPSLimiter.onGameSceneLoadRequested (GameScenes GameScene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at HighLogic.LoadScene (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PSystemSetup+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

3 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

@SpaceTiger I'm having some issues with your suite of Utilities (which are great by the way:)). Log here loaded with just module manager and your Small Utilities + Sampler. And the game hangs on the final loading screen.

There are a few other NRE's, but I think this one is the culprit. This is with the very latest version 1.4.1 from your GitHub page, installed manually. Linux 64 bit.

Cheers.

at KerboKatz.Assets.AssetLoader.GetAsset[Sprite] (System.String name, System.String pathInBundle, System.String bundlePath, System.String dataType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerboKatz.FPSL.FPSLimiter.onGameSceneLoadRequested (GameScenes GameScene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PSystemSetup+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

It seems that one of the assets is corrupted or doesn't exist.I just checked the uploaded archive and it loads up fine  to me. Did you try re-downloading? That might fix the issue.

5 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

On another note: will Craft History be making a reappearance by the way? I enjoyed that one a lot, and I like categorizing and organizing things, heh^_^

As i said in its thread: Yes it will. We are currently working on it and it should be ready either this week or next week.

Apologies, I assumed it was a part of the Small Utilities Suite.

On the topic at hand: I downloaded all the mods again, threw them in my modded install, booted it up, same thing happened again. So then I cleaned out my install, completely cleaned out the KSP folder and reinstalled it fresh, downloaded a third time (and a third time from GitHub), and ran it clean with just Squad and Module Manager and it happened again. Log here. I verified my steam cache prior to running the game and all files came back 100%. By the way, is there a way to verify that I downloaded the same file that you upload (I think it's called like MD5-Sum or something?)

So if it's fine on your end, then something must be getting dropped in the transfer. I'm not using a download manager (just regular Firefox downloader). I could try downloading from somewhere other than github if you have alternative mirrors. Other possibility is a bad Module Manager download, which I doubt, but it's the only other file in the install.

I don't really need FPS limiter, so I could just remove it and see if that clears things up.

Thoughts?

----edit----

my md5sum for FPSLimiter.dll is 3c26fb8c50e1c775be1845cc19bcb8fe

----edit2-----

Removing FPS Limiter allowed my game to load, but I'm still getting a lot of NRE's from FPS Viewer. Log

Edited by Deimos Rast

I used this site:https://md5file.com/calculator

SmallUtilities.zip (application/zip) - 165622 bytes
MD5 1d8f016700e9ffab10a6d9b793d4dd49
SHA-1 8c358c71830dc24f54129a5b2b22c518a3536a7e
SHA-256 e35db6c8b84250375491026dae58305fa69aa868329a9c9bcb9fef1c821fbbfa
SHA-384 e006268a7f3f02058eeadc8ec6d521d2339b7aca684260e8279613ff2db52e3179d314e470966ac5255b628fea9d356b
SHA-512

6cc11894d30e58399fa07f6e88c87b7b6368035a6b1a97ea38f1a6d8b6b2700a42a9d71348b66eadfb0239719a9b7d8a09f5fe59c80a229d117c77900b7c08cc

From the logs i can see that you are using Linux/Ubuntu which we don't have/didn't try it with but in theory it should work the same. Does this error happen just with stock as well ? There is a curse mirror that you can try.

Removing FPSLimiter is an option that you could try as well. This could help in identifying if its an error in our code or if its just a corrupted file.

Edit: Should refresh the page next time before replying. On another note this seems a lot like the file not being found. I'll create a new zip for you that has more logging.

Edited by SpaceTiger

15 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

I did some edits (to my forum post), I tried with just stock yeah. I'm using Linux Mint. I'll run Md5 on the zip, one sec

---edit---

@SpaceTiger

1d8f016700e9ffab10a6d9b793d4dd49 is what I get, which matches your's

5C2JoWS.png?1

Can you try the KerboKatzUtilities from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4JuQG6Vd5hZOWRuTXZNN21vV2M

It won't solve the issue but will give us hopefully more information about why/when it failed. Hash: 5fbb3c51ac1ab739eb6ecd003f2c2d72

Edited by SpaceTiger

1 minute ago, Deimos Rast said:

Katzzzzzzzz Log

I didn't check hash, but it talks more in the log, yeah

That is interesting. It seems that it can't find the file at the location it is supposed to be.

/home/frey/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/../GameData/KerboKatz/SmallUtilities/FPSLimiter/FPSLimiter.KerboKatzAsset

Which would be

/home/frey/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KerboKatz/SmallUtilities/FPSLimiter/FPSLimiter.KerboKatzAsset

Can you confirm that this is the path where the file is at?

This chain of events relevant or am I just stringing together coincidences?

[KerboKatzAssetLoader] Couldn't find bundle. Loading from file!

Error while reading AssetBundle header, only uncompressed AssetBundles with 'UnityRaw' signature are supported!

[KerboKatzAssetLoader] Bundle loaded. Accessing file at: assets/kerbokatz/textures/Icons/FPSLimiter.png

at PSystemSetup+��.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Edited by Deimos Rast

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.