1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

On 14.10.2015, 23:21:56, WildLynx said:

Note: ships on Kerbin, Mun and Minmus orbits are nearly unaffected by this effect. Big ship on was affected immediately after SOI, and after every load or switch over, unless you switch from other ship, and not from Tracking Station. :confused:

First: Really nice ship you got there!

Second, regarding IR and docking ports: I don't know if this applies to you, but I tested a tanker rover meant to refuel my Laythe SSTO, it has two docking ports of different sizes at the end of an IR arm.

When I docked with my SSTO, and undocked, control switched to the SSTO. I changed to the tanker and everything was messed up (IR parts oriented the wrong way, controls not working right).

Then I found a procedure that works: I docked the to craft, quicksaved. Then I rightclicked on the Rover Control Pod, and selected "Control from here", and undocked. Control stayed with the rover (I did not need to switch vessels). I quicksaved again, IR parts were looking fine so far. I tried the IR controls, and everything went bonkers (parts disconnected after jumping to a different position). So i reloaded my quicksave from after I undocked, but before I tried to move the IR parts (beware that both ships immediatly redocked upon loading, so I had to redo the control switch part, and drove the rover away witchout touching the IR controls. That seems to be important). When the docking ports were distanced enough so they would not redock, I quicksaved again. IR parts looked fine. I loaded my quicksave, and the controls worked fine, the IR parts were oriented the right way, and everything seemed to work. I don't know if that was pure luck, but the important bits seem to be: Remaining in control of the Vessel with IR parts upon undock, quicksaving and reloading, and only then trying to move the IR parts.

I hope that helps, maybe someone else can try to verify this.

Edited by Xeiki

There seems to be a bug with "Closed Powered Hinge".

When I try to place the hinge on planes etc with "mirror" symmetry mode, for some reason, the hinge is place as if it were in "radial" mode (upside down). Here's a picture below:

http://postimg.org/image/6m22kwx3b/

As you can see, the symmetry mode is "mirror", yet the hinges are placed on back-to-front.

Every other part doesn't do this, so I'm pretty sure its a bug.

I've not used IR in a while and gotta say, I'm impressed with all the improvements that have been made since I last used it.  Nice one @sirkut!!

Got a couple questions;
When I last used it you were able to adjust the speed of servos while in flight, was particularly useful in design-testing as you didn't need to keep going back to the editor to just make a small tweak to speed setting I can't seem to find how to do that now. 

It was also possible to set a part to "move center" and have it constantly try to move to it's resting position. So you could set it to always return to resting, and then override that with a control by afterwards it would automatically return to it's resting pos.  Is it still possible to do that?

Main Q: Is there any way to disable the acceleration. That's the one thing I really don't like (speaking as someone with a lot of experience driving forklifts, telehandlers etc).  
I've tried setting acceleration to 1, but even with the speed value jacked right up the movement is very slow.  With the acceleration increased to get the right speed of movement then there is too much delay when you release the control. How can I get a more snappy response?

But overall the improvements are really good (and that's just with the legacy parts, not tried the rework pack yet).  The UI is MUCH nicer and so far I've not had any glitches at all. 

1 hour ago, katateochi said:

I've not used IR in a while and gotta say, I'm impressed with all the improvements that have been made since I last used it.  Nice one @sirkut!!

Got a couple questions;
When I last used it you were able to adjust the speed of servos while in flight, was particularly useful in design-testing as you didn't need to keep going back to the editor to just make a small tweak to speed setting I can't seem to find how to do that now. 

I suggest you watch the video in the OP with the new UI features, it will answer a lot of your questions.

It was also possible to set a part to "move center" and have it constantly try to move to it's resting position. So you could set it to always return to resting, and then override that with a control by afterwards it would automatically return to it's resting pos.  Is it still possible to do that?

This behaviour has been changed as far as I understand what you mean, but you can try to replicate something like this with Action Groups or Sequencer Addon (see my signature).

Main Q: Is there any way to disable the acceleration. That's the one thing I really don't like (speaking as someone with a lot of experience driving forklifts, telehandlers etc).  
I've tried setting acceleration to 1, but even with the speed value jacked right up the movement is very slow.  With the acceleration increased to get the right speed of movement then there is too much delay when you release the control. How can I get a more snappy response?

Set Acceleration to 100 or 1000 (or any other big number). You can type in values in the Advanced Settings (cog shaped icon).

But overall the improvements are really good (and that's just with the legacy parts, not tried the rework pack yet).  The UI is MUCH nicer and so far I've not had any glitches at all. 

You should really use Reworked parts, they are so much better, and there is a beta release for 1.0.5

28 minutes ago, Ziw said:

*snip
Set Acceleration to 100 or 1000 (or any other big number). You can type in values in the Advanced Settings (cog shaped icon).

That's got it exactly! Thanks!
And thanks for your other tips, I'd completely missed the bit about adjusting speed settings in flight, doh. I'll definitely get both the sequencer and the reworked parts (I just wanted to try it with the familiar legacy parts first).
I officially retract any issues that I had, it's ALL good now! :)

Actually you can use docking port up to some limitations. For example, docking ports on some pistons/hinges can be used for safe satellite deploy/recovery from plane cargo bay. However, avoid to assembly big space station with docking ports attached directly to IR parts.

Docking port bug mostly occur if you dock, for example two identical crafts to each other, left them docked and switch scene to KSC or tracking station. For rendezvous/resupply missions, you might have better luck with KAS.

I didn't have issues with space probes attached to dock ports on IR parts. I left such craft in space, switched scene, reloaded game, redocked probe and recovered successfully up to landing on runway. However, use it on your own risk, avoid complex crafts and don't use such combination if you plan to leave craft unattended for a while in space.

Fact that I didn't have problems with it does not mean that bug does not exist. I hope that there will be much better tools to solve this bug once KSP is based on Unity 5 game engine. Until then we have to wait patiently for both, SQUAD and modding community to provide solution.

Umm well i have a problem with the rework parts pack so the problem is i only can see the utility parts not like the core or the expansion and i have installed the latest version of the Infernal robotics so please help:(

18 hours ago, giga said:

Umm well i have a problem with the rework parts pack so the problem is i only can see the utility parts not like the core or the expansion and i have installed the latest version of the Infernal robotics so please help:(

There is a pre-release in the model rework forum thread, but I dont have the link right now. It works pretty well and has most of the parts in it

Edited by Ziw

3 hours ago, Ziw said:

There is a pre-release in the model rework forum thread, but I dont have the link right now. It works pretty well and has most of the parts in it

Ok so i have installed the v 02 beta and it works fine now thx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.