1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

2 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Those cameras, what mod???

32 minutes ago, Selrinn said:

Thanks for getting that to work for me :) much appreciated.

Glad it worked out in the end :D

2 hours ago, Selrinn said:

Okay so i dropped it in the IR utility folder again and still the same problem. So then i made a new copy of base GPP with just IR installed and dropped it in and replaced the old DLL and it worked :)

So now i was very confused why it didn't work on my main install. 

Long troubleshooting procedure later, 

It turns out that it was grabbing the wrong dll file v:confused:

I had renamed the original to IRSurfaceSampler(old).dll and left it in the folder and for what ever reason it wasn't using the new dll.

all i did was delete the old dll that i had renamed and the damn thing worked as intended. 

Thanks for getting that to work for me :) much appreciated.

Because KSP still sees the DLL and tends to use the first DLL it finds of a plugin unless the plugin itself is smart about version detection.

If you ever intend to keep a version of a file around for back-up/fall-back reasons (e.g. testing new versions), don't append/edit filename: add a "new" extension (assuming you have file extensions visible).

Example:

• Doesn't work: IRSurfaceSampler(old).dll
  • Works: IRSurfaceSampler.dll.old (or IRSurfaceSampler.dll.bak; really, anything will work as long as it's not a file type the program in question is looking for.)

Because of how Windows works, simply appending/"changing" the extension makes it looks like the "wrong" file type, so it gets ignored (as intended). I also do this with *.exe files sometimes (like when I was using the x64 work around in KSP 0.90).

I literally just made an account to post here, but anyway.

I'm having a small issue that's becoming a pain in my neck. I designed a robotic arm that's 12m long unextended that folds up rather nicely inside the OPT K Body Cargo Bay...but the problem is no matter what happens, the tip of the arm becomes permanently attached to the inside of the cargo bay, but only the tip of the arm. All other arm segments operate just fine.

I tried looking through this forum, on Curse forums, Reddit, and even YouTube to see if someone had the same issue as what I was having, but I haven't been able to find anyone even remotely having the same issue I have.

I've even tried leaving the cargo bays open, with the arm fully extended at nearly 24m directly above my SSTO when taking it out of the SPH and the tip of the arm is welded in place at that height while the rest of the arm struggles to operate, and generally ends up exploding due to the stress the arm shredding itself apart. It's driving me a little batty because I want to use the arm to piece together space stations.

If worst comes to worst, I can show screenshots or small video clips of what keeps happening to me. It's not just the OTP cargo bay either, it does it on any cargo bay or payload device.

Essentially, my build is this:

Gantry Rail as the base, Rotatron, 180° Pivotron (the one that folds in on itself), Basic Extenditron, repeats at Rotatron to Extenditron four more times with the last one being the Basic Half Extenditron, then a Rotatron, then the magnetic clamp (I do have KIS and KAX installed for that part to work properly).

I double checked to make sure it wasn't the magnetic clamp either, whatever the last part is on the arm, it becomes permanently welded to my cargo bay, any cargo bay.

Edited by chaoseclipse01
Typos

9 hours ago, chaoseclipse01 said:

I literally just made an account to post here, but anyway.

I'm having a small issue that's becoming a pain in my neck. I designed a robotic arm that's 12m long unextended that folds up rather nicely inside the OPT K Body Cargo Bay...but the problem is no matter what happens, the tip of the arm becomes permanently attached to the

Sounds like autorstrut issue. It can come from landing legs/wheels near robotic arm or if you use KJR mod, use latest dev version. There is several posts on this topic. Just search few page back (might be even 10 or more, things get buried quickly here)

You can also follow link in my signature for craft exchange thread. I put some info for IR there too.

2 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Sounds like autorstrut issue. It can come from landing legs/wheels near robotic arm or if you use KJR mod, use latest dev version. There is several posts on this topic. Just search few page back (might be even 10 or more, things get buried quickly here)

You can also follow link in my signature for craft exchange thread. I put some info for IR there too.

One problem with that though. Not about having KJR, I do have that. But I made a test craft with the OPT K parts, literally a single 6m fuel tank, two 6m cargo bays, then another fuel tank. No landing gear or struts of any kind on the test craft. Arm tip still welds into place on the craft.

Or does KJR still cause that issue with IR even despite a craft not even having landing wheels or struts of any kind?

3 hours ago, chaoseclipse01 said:

Or does KJR still cause that issue with IR even despite a craft not even having landing wheels or struts of any kind?

KJR does similar autostruting to all parts like wheels/landing gear does in stock game. You either need to edit XML config file for KJR to stop autostruting all parts to each other or use newer developer beta version. Use links from few pages back. This one from github might work too.

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/issues/146

or you can use this info:

Basicaly same thing.

Edited by kcs123

On Tuesday, April 04, 2017 at 4:56 PM, kcs123 said:

KJR does similar autostruting to all parts like wheels/landing gear does in stock game. You either need to edit XML config file for KJR to stop autostruting all parts to each other or use newer developer beta version. Use links from few pages back. This one from github might work too.

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/issues/146

or you can use this info:

Basicaly same thing.

I got the dev version of KJR, that fixed everything, the tip of my arm is completely free now.

However, is there any way to stiffen the IR parts a little bit? Even when I have the arm fully stowed on my SSTO, the arm flexes and stretches while flying inside the cargo bay, it ends up throwing the COM off my craft due to how far the arm slides back from the front of my cargo bay and results in some slight stability issues. But at least my SSTO still made it into orbit without too much of a problem, it's just a slight annoyance.

Edited by chaoseclipse01
Typos

On 2/10/2017 at 6:35 AM, V8jester said:

Hey I just played around with this today. Fire up Notepad++ and change these two lines for the Magnet / Grasper. I set them to 999 to make then almost unbreakable.

Magnet

name = KASModuleMagnet
breakForce = 999

Mechanical Grasper

name = KASModuleHarpoon
partBreakForce = 999
staticBreakForce = 999

And because I know it's coming....

For those having install / KJR issues

List of IR download files to work with KSP 1.2.2 courtesy of: @Agustin @V8jester

Steps to install Infernal Robotics

1) install Core Download which is the plugin and "core Files" of IR  (No parts are in this download)

2) Install Parts Pack (Legacy is the original parts, and Rework are the new white parts. You can have both installed if you wish)

3) Optional -  If you wish to use the Surface sampler (Install the Surfacesampler.dll into GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins)

4) Optional  - If you are using KJR you will need to use the supplied DEV Version Linked below.

Core Download

Infernal Robotics (Ziw) 2.0.10 https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.10/IR-2.0.10-Final-Core.zip

Parts

Legacy Parts (Ziw) https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

IR Rework Parts (Zodiusinfuser) https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw

IR Surface Sampler dll (Ziw) https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

Utility

Thread link for IR Sequencer (Ziw) http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/104547-12-ir-sequencer-v101-add-on-to-infernal-robotics-updated-30102016/

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Fixed for IR

"Dev version - use at your own risk"

Dev version of KJR (Ferram4) Download the "Master File" https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement

Please feel free to repost / update this list every so often to help a lot of the new comers

Thanks to @V8jester and @Agustin, my install of IR is now working properly =)

15 hours ago, chaoseclipse01 said:

However, is there any way to stiffen the IR parts a little bit? Even when I have the arm fully stowed on my SSTO, the arm flexes and stretches while flying inside the cargo bay, it ends up throwing the COM off my craft due to how far the arm slides back from the front of my cargo bay and results in some slight stability issues. But at least my SSTO still made it into orbit without too much of a problem, it's just a slight annoyance.

Wthout any additional mod, you can use stock autostrut "bug" as feature. While in flight, right click on arm tip part and turn on autostruting to root, grandparent or heaviest craft part, whatever suit better on your craft design. It should help a bit while in transit. Once you need to use arm, you need to disable those autostruts.

You can use autostrut in editor and in flight. To acess that feature, you need to enable advanced tweakables trough game menu.

Beside those, i found also useful B9 struts that have ability to act as decoupler too. I stiffed my rover legs while in transit to Mun. Once landed, i decoupled struts and continue to use rover as intended.

Hello everyone, Im an infernal robotics user from way way back. I guess Sirkut has passed the torch by now? Anyway, Its been a while sense Ive played KSP, i updated all the mods including manager. The problem i have is, I dont see the UI for Robotics ingame. All the other mods seem to be working fine, I think in the past as soon as you selected a SMI part you would get an UI. There was also a tab at the bottom of the page, so what did i miss. Is the UI hidden now? Also nothing happens when right click the part, i can see tweakscale. Unfortunately that is all i can do with it.

I have Steam version

1 minute ago, viperwolf said:

Hello everyone, Im an infernal robotics user from way way back. I guess Sirkut has passed the torch by now? Anyway, Its been a while sense Ive played KSP, i updated all the mods including manager. The problem i have is, I dont see the UI for Robotics ingame. All the other mods seem to be working fine, I think in the past as soon as you selected a SMI part you would get an UI. There was also a tab at the bottom of the page, so what did i miss. Is the UI hidden now? Also nothing happens when right click the part, i can see tweakscale. Unfortunately that is all i can do with it.

I have Steam version

Did you follow these instructions when you installed IR?

List of IR download files to work with KSP 1.2.2 courtesy of: @Agustin @V8jester

Steps to install Infernal Robotics

1) install Core Download which is the plugin and "core Files" of IR  (No parts are in this download)

2) Install Parts Pack (Legacy is the original parts, and Rework are the new white parts. You can have both installed if you wish)

3) Optional -  If you wish to use the Surface sampler (Install the Surfacesampler.dll into GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins)

4) Optional  - If you are using KJR you will need to use the supplied DEV Version Linked below.

Core Download

Infernal Robotics (Ziw) 2.0.10 https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.10/IR-2.0.10-Final-Core.zip

Parts

Legacy Parts (Ziw) https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

IR Rework Parts (Zodiusinfuser) https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw

IR Surface Sampler dll (Ziw) https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

Utility

Thread link for IR Sequencer (Ziw) http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/104547-12-ir-sequencer-v101-add-on-to-infernal-robotics-updated-30102016/

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Fixed for IR

"Dev version - use at your own risk"

Dev version of KJR (Ferram4) Download the "Master File" https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement

21 minutes ago, viperwolf said:

Thank you Rag for the fast response, I will read over this carefully and follow it. Did i miss this on the First page?

Ya sirkut is no longer developing it so the first post isn't updated to reflect how to install for 1.2

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

Ok so the legacy parts are working fine thank you. I tried installing the rework parts but they are not showing up. Only the scanner and some other parts, not the pivots or hinges and stuff. I tried two different paths.

gamedata/MSI(core)/Parts: Legacy,IRactivestruts,Parts(rework folder)

#2.    gamedata/MSI(core)/Parts/Legacy:unpacked the reworks folder here in legacy folder

EDIT: This does not seem right to me, but it works. gamedata/MSI/Parts:Legacy,IRactivestruts,Rework_core,Rework_expansion,rework_Utility,Rework_license,Rework_tweakscale

Edited by viperwolf

Sooo some weapons and ammo boxes from BD Armory seem to stop movement of hinges. It's a bit annoying since one of the weapons that does that is the howitzer which I regularly use for weaponised robotic things like my AT-AT I'm working on at this very moment, but also a lot of mechs have the same problem and had me end up removing the howitzer entirely, because it also effects mirrored parts. I would LOVE to see this fixed and if it already was, where do I get my hands on it xD? Thanks!

2 hours ago, BlueDragon1504 said:

Sooo some weapons and ammo boxes from BD Armory seem to stop movement of hinges. It's a bit annoying since one of the weapons that does that is the howitzer which I regularly use for weaponised robotic things like my AT-AT I'm working on at this very moment, but also a lot of mechs have the same problem and had me end up removing the howitzer entirely, because it also effects mirrored parts. I would LOVE to see this fixed and if it already was, where do I get my hands on it xD? Thanks!

Did you use all the links found in this post?

1 minute ago, V8jester said:

I doubt anyone "needs" further proof IR works just fine with BD in KSP 1.2.2 but...... I couldn't help myself :)

That thing is so brutal! Hahaha! Its just one of those things that shows how crazy you can go with this flippin game!

5 minutes ago, Gabelach said:

Is this mod on CKAN? I haven't been able to find it...

Is the manual installation the only one possible?

Pretty much manual - there are several steps as outlined in the post linked to above this one.

No "official" release, nor is there even a packaged release that can simply be unzipped the way most mods can.  Its what happens when a mod gets abandoned and nobody is able to officially fork and release a new version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.