1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

1 hour ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

If you do want to perform the manual install, follow the instructions on this link:

56 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

Pretty much manual - there are several steps as outlined in the post linked to above this one.

No "official" release, nor is there even a packaged release that can simply be unzipped the way most mods can.  Its what happens when a mod gets abandoned and nobody is able to officially fork and release a new version.

Thanks to both of you! I'll follow the instructions in the link.

Hi guys,

I'm having serious problems to make IR work, and I spent a lot of hours to do so, in vain. I'm building a very big spaceship with a VERY HUGE cargo bay, made essentially with B9 HX parts. And the cargo door is supposed to open from the front. Here are two screenshots (closed and opened) so it'll be easier for you to understand :

odfadlP.jpg
qYv2iSH.jpg

In this version, I tried with 3 door hinges (for the top and the sides) and a rotatron (for the lower end of the nose, so it becomes a ramp). I also tried with gantry rails, adjustable rails, pistons... Nothing works. Actually it works in the SPH/VAB, but once I launch it, the parts attached to the moving parts hang from the hinges as if it weighed tons and tons. If I activate the movement, it wobbles a lot, explodes, and the IR parts don't even seem to move. I tried to change the mass of the parts to make it extremely light, but it doesn't change anything. I followed the steps described in the previous pages for the install. The IR version of KJR solved a problem I had on another contraption, but it changed nothing on that one.

I precise that I also use the very useful ReCoupler mod. It causes problems with my design because it attaches the door parts to the main body (but I can disactivate the unwanted links when in flight). For your information, Booots (ReCoupler's author) is developing a new version of the mod since I told him about that. So, the next version of ReCoupler won't attach parts that have moving parts attached to it.
And last thing : I tried with and without autostruts, and with and without rigid attachment, with no better results. Same thing when I use the KJR version for IR, the normal version of KJR, or no KJR at all.

Any idea, anyone ? I need help ! That is such a pity that KSP doesn't include stock animated parts. Opening a door shouldn't be such a big deal !

1 hour ago, Knacky said:

Hi guys,

I'm having serious problems to make IR work, and I spent a lot of hours to do so, in vain. I'm building a very big spaceship with a VERY HUGE cargo bay, made essentially with B9 HX parts. And the cargo door is supposed to open from the front. Here are two screenshots (closed and opened) so it'll be easier for you to understand :

odfadlP.jpg
qYv2iSH.jpg

In this version, I tried with 3 door hinges (for the top and the sides) and a rotatron (for the lower end of the nose, so it becomes a ramp). I also tried with gantry rails, adjustable rails, pistons... Nothing works. Actually it works in the SPH/VAB, but once I launch it, the parts attached to the moving parts hang from the hinges as if it weighed tons and tons. If I activate the movement, it wobbles a lot, explodes, and the IR parts don't even seem to move. I tried to change the mass of the parts to make it extremely light, but it doesn't change anything. I followed the steps described in the previous pages for the install. The IR version of KJR solved a problem I had on another contraption, but it changed nothing on that one.

I precise that I also use the very useful ReCoupler mod. It causes problems with my design because it attaches the door parts to the main body (but I can disactivate the unwanted links when in flight). For your information, Booots (ReCoupler's author) is developing a new version of the mod since I told him about that. So, the next version of ReCoupler won't attach parts that have moving parts attached to it.
And last thing : I tried with and without autostruts, and with and without rigid attachment, with no better results. Same thing when I use the KJR version for IR, the normal version of KJR, or no KJR at all.

Any idea, anyone ? I need help ! That is such a pity that KSP doesn't include stock animated parts. Opening a door shouldn't be such a big deal !

Are you using the "stock" IR hinges or the ones that comes with the Model Rework? The new ones works much better, in my experience.

8 hours ago, Knacky said:

Try without landing legs. Most likely landing gear autostrut feature that can't be turned off cause you issue.
Turn on autostrut visualisation trough main menu to get a clue where is your problem.

For start, replace landing gears with struts, just for a test. If it works properly then you put back landing gears on craft, but not directly. Put some other part between landing gear and hull.

Hey Guys. i have a similar problem. somehow no parts work. i installed like shown a few pages ago. i dismonted wheels and landing legs but it doesnt help. even on a naked (probe, bats, big fueltank for stability) vessel the parts do strange stuff like when attaching them to dockingports. here are a few pics

VAB folded

D68EB5D810F82515AF5742CE8DAA3A01C71E42CE

VAB unfolded

678D399E96BFEC3016C601C72E9F9A693A996189

On launchpad started unfolded trying to fold

836D2AAFA181F6269C3C0F16FAA133ABF38E3D65

yes i know the wheels are still on but the same happens without wheels. tried it also with rigid attachment but it doesnt help ether. any ideas?

5 hours ago, Deathbite said:

yes i know the wheels are still on but the same happens without wheels. tried it also with rigid attachment but it doesnt help ether. any ideas?

Put some struct part at the end of rails. Those are legacy parts, but I think that all of IR parts have some kind of collision issues. Only static part of mesh have colision box, while part that is free to move does not have one.

8 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Looks like auto struts. Are you using IR 2.0.10 linked in one I my previous posts on this thread?

Yes, i followed the links from your post in this thread from February 9:

Edited by Salvator

On 26/01/2017 at 5:04 PM, V8jester said:

For those having install / KJR issues

List of IR download files to work with KSP 1.2.2 courtesy of: @Agustin @V8jester

Steps to install Infernal Robotics

1) install Core Download which is the plugin and "core Files" of IR  (No parts are in this download)

2) Install Parts Pack (Legacy is the original parts, and Rework are the new white parts. You can have both installed if you wish)

3) Optional -  If you wish to use the Surface sampler (Install the Surfacesampler.dll into GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins)

4) Optional  - If you are using KJR you will need to use the supplied DEV Version Linked below.

Core Download

Infernal Robotics (Ziw) 2.0.10 https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.10/IR-2.0.10-Final-Core.zip

Parts

Legacy Parts (Ziw) https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

IR Rework Parts (Zodiusinfuser) https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw

IR Surface Sampler dll (Ziw) https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

Utility

Thread link for IR Sequencer (Ziw) http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/104547-12-ir-sequencer-v101-add-on-to-infernal-robotics-updated-30102016/

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Fixed for IR

"Dev version - use at your own risk"

Dev version of KJR (Ferram4) https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement

Please feel free to repost / update this list every so often to help a lot of the new comers

The last few posts all seem to need this!

@Deathbite @Salvator @Knacky For all your problems.....

Well... I tried everything you mentionned, guys. But I still can't make it work.
- I uninstalled IR and KJR and reinstalled it according to the process described on the previous page.
- I checked the autostruts. The door I want to open is not strutted at all, neither the hinge. (see screenshot below)
- I tried with original and reworked parts. Same result.
- I removed all the landing legs and wheels.

What am I missing ??? That annoys me A LOT because I can't build anything cool without that mod ! :/

When I spawn on the runway, the door falls like it's not even attached. The part of the door that is in contact with the hinge move erratically and explodes. (see 2nd screenshot)

qHKWFAz.jpg
MrUxx2w.jpg

I also modified the parts of the door so their masses are all set to 0.01. So the door shouldn't be very heavy. I use procedural wings so I can't change the mass of the wings, though.

Could "rigid attachment" change anything to it ? I didn't set it on. I'm running out of ideas... :(

EDIT : I identified a part that contained LFO so the door was not quite light, now it is. I also removed the front wings, they make it wobble terribly. The door parts seemed no to be attached between them, so I added a stock strucural part between the hinge and the door, and now the door parts act normally. But it still seems too heavy for that hinge... even if I set BreakingForce and BreakingTorque to 1000000 on the hinge. Now the door opens a bit, but as you can see, it can't reach 90° at all...

lN8oM8l.jpg

Edited by Knacky

@Knacky From what I can tell. You are attempting to lift a multi ton door with a single hinge. (The B9 HX parts you are using are, I believe full of fuel. Which is extremely heavy) To lift something that heavy is a more advanced procedure which can be very difficult to explain (but I will do my best)

You will need multiple hinges / IR components to move such a large door.

You will also need a way to secure the door when it is open or closed

Quantum struts are a great tool for both of these problems.

You cannot actually "attach" two IR components to a moving segment at the same time. But you can attach additional IR components to a moving segment using struts or a stronger connection is using a quantum strut. so simple example is attach 3 IR Pivitrons to a surface in a row. Set all 3 up to move in the same direction and alignment. Attach a beam or something to the center Pivitron. Then using Quantum struts / regular struts attach the outside Pivitrons to the beam, which is already attached to the center Pivitron. You now have a beam that moves as well as has additional support from additional outside 2 IR Pivitrons. You can also use this same technique with just about any other IR component. I was able to use this kind of design on my tower crane capable of lifting 40+ tons. I used 4 Rotatrons to support the heavy load of the boom it's 200 ton counterweights and a 40 ton payload.

In this picture is the Tower crane rotation bearing I designed using 3 uncontrolled IR Rotatrons and a single Controlled IR Bearing. All the uncontrolled Rotatrons are attached back to the structure of the support with 4 CMES struts each

screenshot19_zpsktpmwlv6.png~original

And here is a video to show it actually works :)

Hello, using the dev-version (v2.0.10) with reworked parts and no parts work as intended. I made a short video showing the problem. Im also using the fixed KJR version.

Infernal Robotics

Im going to try try without KJR and the Legacy parts, to see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: It was KJR that caused the issue, thx for nothing :wink:

Edited by Cratzz

@V8jester Thank you for your help ! I've been wondering why it didn't work for days, I was convinced it was a KJR issue, but finally the problem came from the door weight. Some B9 HX parts kept their original mass (the HX1-UH Hollow Module, exactly) even if I modify it in the cfg file. So I took the tank part that looks the same and I could change it. I first tried to change the mass of the door parts to 0.0 but THIS IS NOT A THING TO DO : it made the door wobble a lot and explode every time. So I set the mass of each door part to 0.06. Now it's pretty stable and very light. Then I used your advice, Jester, and combined the power of 3 Pivotrons, without needing a beam. Finally, I used a Rotatron for the lower part of the nose that becomes a ramp.

Looking cool, isn't ? :D

K6i2Ct6.jpg

QvjEW6X.jpg

cuMh0i1.jpg

Thanks again for your help !

49 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

@V8jester need some help, and you seem to be the expert

That sure does look "familiar" :wink:

So the way I stabilized it and fueled it was a cheat. I enabled infinit electricity and fuel (but it will indeed achieve orbit the way I showed in my video without cheats)

So your three best friends from this point on are going to be.

Tweakscale, Tweakable Everything and B9 Aerospace.

Grab a B9 HX reaction wheel and scale it down to what you need. Then alt+click a copy of the scaled reaction wheel. This copy will give you a small scale reaction wheel with full scale torque. (Something like 1700 torque) I used two of them tweaked down to what I needed to fly the Protolift as smoothly as possible just took some tweaking with tweakable everything to get the values right. Otherwise you will have way too much torque and it will look really funny trying to fly.

If you have any more questions jump over to my Advanced aircraft thread linked in my signature.

edit

Would have helped to watch the whole video.....

So the axis of one of the rotations became inverted after a time warp? Did you use everything in my post?

Edited by V8jester

Yeah i installed everthing just as said, and still it seems to slip! It also happens in the sph, it took ages to get thows rotatrons balenced!

Thanks for the rest of that thow itll help with other things, but my version just has one 2.5reaction wheel and doubled up rcs, and it lands on duna fine with althow not completly vertically, fuel is fine too, it can get to 100k orbit on kerbin, then once i jump it to duna, it can land and return to orbit. I love that wee ship!

Thanks for the drsign, ive never made a little opt craft before :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.