1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

20 hours ago, V8jester said:

So the axis of one of the rotations became inverted after a time warp? Did you use everything in my post?

so i just pulled out everything and reinstalled direct from the linke (it just incase ive changed something since the last install) but no change

heres the video, i loaded on the runway, undid the strut, rotated teh engines up and back, flew to orbit and did the same, then hyper edited to duna. and thats where this starts with me undoing the struts and trying to move the engines.

so in the paused bit of the video i was just trying to realign then engines with the new orientation they had, and again as you see as soon as i timewarped, they did the same thing again

Edited by Space Kadet
forgot the video

@Space Kadet When you installed the rotations onto the ship. Are they installed via radial, or mirror? The need to be mirror. And then are you setting up limits on them? Ir leaving them able to spin 360 on the craft in flight, with preset stops?

I built mine with a 90 degree limit in rotation and then had 2 presets 0 and 90 degrees. I also used hyper edit in my video and I didn't experience that issue. I am really curious what could be causing this..... what version of hyper edit are you using?

So you are sure you are using IR 2.0.10 correct?

And are you using the legacy docking washers? Or the Rework Rotatrons? You need the rework stuff as the legacy parts often have issues with symmetry.

edit

I forgot to mention my last trick with the nacelles. I used a Rotatron to rotate the nacelles but I also used a sliding rail to extend the engine up in the air. This allowed me to push the nacelles back farther in forward flight yet high enough to land / open the rear hatch. Also to clean up the front of the ship / place the exhaust under the wings.

Edited by V8jester

6 minutes ago, V8jester said:

@Space Kadet When you installed the rotations onto the ship. Are they installed via radial, or mirror? The need to be mirror. And then are you setting up limits on them? Ir leaving them able to spin 360 on the craft in flight, with preset stops?

I built mine with a 90 degree limit in rotation and then had 2 presets 0 and 90 degrees. I also used hyper edit in my video and I didn't experience that issue. I am really curious what could be causing this..... what version of hyper edit are you using?

So you are sure you are using IR 2.0.10 correct?

And are you using the legacy docking washers? Or the Rework Rotatrons? You need the rework stuff as the legacy parts often have issues with symmetry.

edit

I forgot to mention my last trick with the nacelles. I used a Rotatron to rotate the nacelles but I also used a sliding rail to extend the engine up in the air. This allowed me to push the nacelles back farther in forward flight yet high enough to land / open the rear hatch. Also to clean up the front of the ship / place the exhaust under the wings.

yeah im using that version, and i had them on mirror, and i used locks at 0 and 90, and my hyperedit is the latest, i refreshed my mods a week back, but also its happened without hyperediting now. just after using time warp. and my recent try using the smaller rotatrons, it went fine after many hyper edits and all that jaz, and when i unlocked after landing they snapped round and launched my ship into the air!

Im also having a problem in the editor which i think is related. when i goto set a limit on one side, and i invert the other so i can use it, it seems to rotate so i have to set the locks at -180 and -90 (the first craft didnt have that issue) but i duno what to do. i tried using hindges but i cant get them to toggle they same way on either side of the ship.

14 minutes ago, InfiniteAtom said:

How would one not install it correctly? How do you install this mod specifically?

Go to the post that I linked in my last post, it has full install directions. It's a little complicated because the mod has been updated to 1.2.2 but not by the original author so it's not just 1 folder you have to download. 

Infernal Robotics is a great mod! It makes creating VTOL's extremely easy, and the preset function really helps. I recently used the mod to create a massive folding wing cargo craft, and for normal travel the wings go into the 'normal' position using the rotatron and power hinges, and I fire the RAPIERS and use the rotatron again to switch to VTOL mode if need be. For prolonged space travel or if I'm needing to get to somewhere quickly, the wings fold up again to save space and I use a telescopic piston to push out a set of the Kerbodyne 'Mammoth' engines for maximum speed. It's such a great mod! :cool::0.0:

On 13-4-2017 at 8:49 PM, V8jester said:

Did you use all the links found in this post?

I did, but I noticed it wasn't nessicerely the weapons. It's something else that isn't making it work but I don't know what. One clip here is with it working normally and one with it being glitched

Working

https://youtu.be/IAOwsmT527Y

Not Working

https://youtu.be/Ic300GKec5M

On 7/12/2016 at 3:25 AM, LatiMacciato said:

i know docks will make my like miserable, as is very first post lol .. but im yet unsure if thats a known bug

when i link parts that are docked it unlinks the KIS/KAS linked part (i thaught of docking it at the tail will stenghen them give the load a stability .. at least that was the idea of this rocket)

IRlinkingfca76.png

What landing mod are you using???

Plus where can i get "Infernal Robotics" Parts, not the legacy parts but foldertron and Etc???

10 minutes ago, Wrench Head said:

I have issue with Grappling hook and magnet seem to stick to base of any part. Anyone have a fix?

Post right above yours has a link to a post of mine with a fix for some KAS components that broke in 1.2.2

On 9.1.2017 at 6:54 PM, Agustin said:

4) Delete "AssetBundles" folder if there is any (Comes with sequencer and core pack)

5) Install latest IR core pack (contains only plugin, no parts)

I'm confused.

Inside the latest core pack from https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.10/IR-2.0.10-Final-Core.zip there is a folder AssetBundles so why delete it in first instance?
To avoid a "Overwrite file?" from the OS?

So has the folder AssetBundles to be deleted or not?

On 11.2.2017 at 5:48 AM, limofs said:

And you should not be using it by default, unless you check the "advanced tweakables" option in the settings of the game.

Perhaps it sounds dumb, but does it mean:

• "Advanced tweakables" = true -> autostruts are always on for wheels because of a KSP bug, but changeable for other parts and defaulting to "off"?
  • "Advanced tweakables" = false -> there are no autostruts at all

?

1 hour ago, colfighter said:

I downloaded the latest release off of Github and installed it for my 1.2.2 game but the joints are all locked up even though I have autostrut turned off!!!!!

Do you have Kerbal Joint Reinforcement? If yes, you need to use the dev version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.