1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

3 hours ago, Kerbal Gamer said:

I don't have a robo tab. Most of the parts are in utility and structural.

It seriously sounds like you are using an old version of something. A long as you are using the links in my post not the OP everything should work.

Last thing I can possibly think of. Module manager's dll file is placed directly in GameData correct?

5 hours ago, V8jester said:

It seriously sounds like you are using an old version of something. A long as you are using the links in my post not the OP everything should work.

Last thing I can possibly think of. Module manager's dll file is placed directly in GameData correct?

Yes. I think if I tweak around with new files, and their placement I will make it work. Thanks.

Edited by Kerbal Gamer

When I download 

Surface Sampler dll (DMagic) - Place into "MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins"

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

The native Windows 10 A/V flags it as a trojan and removes it. Not saying it is a trojan, just reporting what happens. 

2 hours ago, WhitestWizard said:

When I download 

Surface Sampler dll (DMagic) - Place into "MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins"

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

The native Windows 10 A/V flags it as a trojan and removes it. Not saying it is a trojan, just reporting what happens. 

AV programs hate dlls and there's nothing the author can do about it

1 hour ago, Kerbal Gamer said:

Still barely any parts, and only in the utility tab. :(. 

If you are positive you are installing the mod correctly....

I would honestly recommend a full reinstall of a fresh copy of the game (I do hope you kept it backed up) and then install only IR and MM. To see if that works. You mentioned "removing all your other mods" when mods are installed and removed people tend to make soup of there install. Sometimes you just need to start over from the beginning.

Tried installing this manually and via CKAN and in both cases there are no parts all any more, nothing? Nothing in game, and so I tried checking the pack and the Parts directory was completely empty. Checked the Git repository and same thing, the part sdirectory is missing entierly. I used to love this mod, but without any usable parts anymore, its kind of pointless?

5 minutes ago, Krahazik said:

Tried installing this manually and via CKAN and in both cases there are no parts all any more, nothing? Nothing in game, and so I tried checking the pack and the Parts directory was completely empty. Checked the Git repository and same thing, the part sdirectory is missing entierly. I used to love this mod, but without any usable parts anymore, its kind of pointless?

installation instructions are near the top of this page

On 7/30/2017 at 9:56 PM, V8jester said:

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Official GitHub Repository (Ferram4) - https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases

Unofficial Recompile For 1.3 (siimav) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxowaRaYHkjddHc2T28zWEdLcjQ/view

@V8jester Thanks a lot for these clear steps -- very helpful. I just have a quick question regarding KJR. You mention in Step #5: "Optional  - KJR unofficial recompile will work with KSP 1.3 and IR 2.0.12 - Linked below". When going to Ferram4's GitHub link I noticed that 12 days ago he recompiled agains KSP 1.3. Do I still need to siimav's unofficial recompile? I am assuming not, but thank you for confirming. :)

4 hours ago, Chaumas said:

Do I still need to siimav's unofficial recompile? I am assuming not, but thank you for confirming.

It is hard to tell proper answer unless someone try it. Backup your game folders and install official version of KJR and give it a try. Knowing how ferram work, any fixes for IR should be included in official release, but I didn't tried it in game yet.

7 hours ago, Chaumas said:

@V8jester Thanks a lot for these clear steps -- very helpful. I just have a quick question regarding KJR. You mention in Step #5: "Optional  - KJR unofficial recompile will work with KSP 1.3 and IR 2.0.12 - Linked below". When going to Ferram4's GitHub link I noticed that 12 days ago he recompiled agains KSP 1.3. Do I still need to siimav's unofficial recompile? I am assuming not, but thank you for confirming. :)

3 hours ago, kcs123 said:

It is hard to tell proper answer unless someone try it. Backup your game folders and install official version of KJR and give it a try. Knowing how ferram work, any fixes for IR should be included in official release, but I didn't tried it in game yet.

New official version of KJR works like a charm. I have one of these instruction lists on almost all IR threads. Must not have updated that one all the way :P

Glad to hear you got everything working.

1.3 / KJR issues

List of IR download files to work with KSP 1.3

Remove "Active struts" as well as "strut" Folders" they are currently incompatible with KSP 1.3 - Unless you opt to use the unofficial Recompiled .dll linked below

Steps to install Infernal Robotics

1) Install Core Download which is the plugin and "core Files" of IR  (No parts are in this download)

2) Install Parts Pack (Legacy is the original parts, and Rework are the new white parts. You can have both installed if you wish)

3) Remove folders "IRActiveStruts" and "Struts" as they are currently incompatible

4) Optional -  If you wish to use the Surface sampler - Install the Surfacesampler.dll linked below into GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

5) Optional  - KJR will work with KSP 1.3 and IR 2.0.12 - Linked below

6) Optional KAS Magnet / Grasper Breaking? Increase "breakForce" under the KAS module in the part cfg to "= 999"

7) Optional - Unofficial recompile of Active Struts Plugin linked below. Curtesy of Whale_2

Core Download

Infernal Robotics (Ziw) 2.0.12

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases

Parts / Plugin

Legacy Parts (Ziw)

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

IR Rework Parts (Zodiusinfuser) - See Active Struts notes above

https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw 

Active Struts Plugin Unofficial Recompile (Whale_2)

https://github.com/whale2/Active-Struts/releases/tag/1.1.0-1

Utility

Thread Link For IR Sequencer (Ziw) 

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Official GitHub Repository (Ferram4) - https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases

Please feel free to repost / update this list every so often to help a lot of the new comers

1 hour ago, Kerbal Gamer said:

It still doesn't have a robotab. Only has a few parts.

There is something way wrong then. And I bet I just figured out what you are doing....

If you open the rework parts zip are you simply dumping the folder named "Rework_Repack_1.1.2" into the Gamedata directory? - this will not work

You must open the zip, then expand that folder then "Gamedata" and then you will see "MagicSmokeIndustries" - This is the folder you need to drop into your Gamedata folder. Every single component of IR will reside only in the "MagicSmokeIndustries" folder.

39 minutes ago, V8jester said:

There is something way wrong then. And I bet I just figured out what you are doing....

If you open the rework parts zip are you simply dumping the folder named "Rework_Repack_1.1.2" into the Gamedata directory? - this will not work

You must open the zip, then expand that folder then "Gamedata" and then you will see "MagicSmokeIndustries" - This is the folder you need to drop into your Gamedata folder. Every single component of IR will reside only in the "MagicSmokeIndustries" folder.

That is what I was doing. Putting MSI folder instead.

Edited by Kerbal Gamer

16 minutes ago, KerbMav said:

Is KJR a requirement or just important to have the right version to have no problems?

No, it is not requirement, but it is much easier to create complex craft with many IR parts when you use KJR.

If you don't want to use KJR or it is in not updated yet properly for current KSP release, you can use "manual" stock autostrut feature on some parts. Meaning, you need to turn on advanced tweakables in stock game and use autostruts on right click part menu in flight to make craft wooble less.

You can also create custom MM patch, to make IR joint more riggid. All that kind of things KJR do in background for you, so you don't need to worry about it.

3 hours ago, JediRangerkendor said:

I think I will wait till an official 1.3 comes out before I use this mod again. 

@Ziw who was one of the "official" devs for IR is the one who has been updating the core plugin. While yes it is not in the OP of the thread. It is still as close to an official release we have all seen in quite some time. As a lot of the core guys have not been seen for a while. You may be waiting a fair amount of time.

5 hours ago, V8jester said:

@Ziw who was one of the "official" devs for IR is the one who has been updating the core plugin. While yes it is not in the OP of the thread. It is still as close to an official release we have all seen in quite some time. As a lot of the core guys have not been seen for a while. You may be waiting a fair amount of time.

Damn.... I just have no luck at all and can easily see myself screwing up the whole "remove struts" thing...

29 minutes ago, JediRangerkendor said:

Damn.... I just have no luck at all and can easily see myself screwing up the whole "remove struts" thing...

Well, there is a plugin linked in my instructions that also just makes it work :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.