[1.3] The Plugin Workshop - Small plugins of varied function

Crzyrndm

I'm loving the SRWs! However, one of my vessels, with only a HECS, seems to have picked up some inherent torque. If I let it sit, for example after coming out of timewarp, it gradually spins up as if I was holding down a rotation key. It's almost like it was acting realistically and discharging its momentum!

I'm loving the SRWs! However, one of my vessels, with only a HECS, seems to have picked up some inherent torque. If I let it sit, for example after coming out of timewarp, it gradually spins up as if I was holding down a rotation key. It's almost like it was acting realistically and discharging its momentum!

Are you sure you didn't accidentally press meta +wasd key? This is the trim key and leave one of the rotations continually on.

Dynamic Deflection doesn't seems to be on CKAN unlike the rest.

It's there for me. No reason for it not to be either

Well that's interesting (ty for the heads up). Looks like it is probably not FAR it's conflicting with sadly which makes things a lot more difficult...

Uninstalled SRW and it's still behaving strangely - I think SRW was just making an existing issue more noticeable. It may actually be caused by sun-tracking solar panels very slightly clipping into the ship. Anyhow, carry on!

So I had the problem that I could not complete the very early "launch our first vessel" contract in career mode, and after much widdling through my mod list I could reliably track the issue down to the SAS Reset module. If that's installed, that contract never gets completed. No clue how that could happen, but somehow it seems to interfere... didn't notice any other problems, but I also didn't have much time playing 1.0 yet.

It's certainly not a biggie, but it can be quite irritating especially since the contract cannot be canceled, and it will respawn if you remove it through savegame editing.

To reproduce, simply start a new career, accept the "first launch" contract, go to the VAB, take pod and booster and launch. With SAS Reset installed, the contract should stay incompleted.

I was just trying to figure out how to do this, either with a mod of my own or through kOS. Here it already exists! Thanks!

What is?

Well that's interesting (ty for the heads up). Looks like it is probably not FAR it's conflicting with sadly which makes things a lot more difficult...

Any news on Dynamic deflection working with FAR?

Also:

The module you're using for the saturable reaction wheels, can be disabled in the vehicle construction but is still on after you launch the craft, and can see how it may be a undesirable behavior.

Still getting the hang with analog control, its cool and useful, but hard to master, I've noticed the trims control still work which is desirable too, but the W/S keys seems inverted.

Thanks for the very useful utilities. Cheers

Any news on Dynamic deflection working with FAR?

It does work with FAR. I don't know what caused the NaN crash and the person reporting the issue hasn't replied with the information I need to narrow it down.

EDIT: Well spotted on the inverted pitch trim, I'll get that fixed (and done, pitch forward/down is now trim nose down instead of up...)

Edited by Crzyrndm

Given the Analog control update, I've taken its already fixed :)

Please consider the issue with the Reaction wheels too, just to be clear what it is:

If you disable the reaction wheels in the editor, when you launch the vessel they're already reset to be functional.

Scenarios why you wouldn't want a functional reaction wheel: in planes, leaving all control to control surfaces, on power limited probes, leaving only aerodynamic fins to control until passing the atmosphere. And so on.

I think I stumbled on a bug in dynamic defection; Control surfaces in front of the CoM turns the wrong way when rolling. The problem went away when i uninstalled dynamic deflection.

Picture (with things deflected :D), craft file, and logs please.

Edited by Crzyrndm

The SaturationSAS module is really interesting, but it really clutters up the command pod's right click menus. Is there any way to turn that display off (since the plugin has its own interface) with a cfg file or something?

I think I stumbled on a bug in dynamic defection; Control surfaces in front of the CoM turns the wrong way when rolling. The problem went away when i uninstalled dynamic deflection.
I had this problem too. It got SAS very confused!

Uninstalling dynamic deflection only seems to have temporarily fixed this bug though. It's now returned even though I don't have dynamic deflection installed.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97285-KSP-v1-0-2-Stock-Bug-Fix-Modules-%28Release-v1-0-2d-2-14-May-15%29?p=1948590&viewfull=1#post1948590

Sounds like this originates with one of Claws fixes.

Would you consider pitting these on CKAN? :)

They are already?

The SaturationSAS module is really interesting, but it really clutters up the command pod's right click menus. Is there any way to turn that display off (since the plugin has its own interface) with a cfg file or something?

Can do

Edited by Crzyrndm

Does SAS-Reset actually do anything anymore? As far as I can tell all of its functionality and more is now stock. It even switches to stability control if you fall below a threshold ground speed (to prevent flipping during landing in retrograde hold).

All the mod seems to do is prevent the "Launch our first vessel!" contract from completing.

Saturatable RW updated to v1.9.3

• Available torque readouts default to being hidden from the right click menu, can be reenabled via the settings file
  • Fixed some window formatting issues
  • Right clicking on a reaction wheel in the window will toggle it's state. Active RW's are now indicated by green buttons

For the thermal monitor: does it work in conjunction with or does it override the stock thermal menu accessible through the Alt+F12 menu?

It's additional fields that display similar data (flux is unique, showing the total of the 4(?) sources of flux visible in the debug menu). Temperature and thermal mass are duplicates of the debug menu.

Does SAS-Reset actually do anything anymore?

Does stock also reset the mode just by tapping SAS hold (F by default)? If so, I should probably remove it. (E: Seems like it does, so that's one gone)

Edited by Crzyrndm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.