[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

20 hours ago, Not Sure said:

This video is the most help ive gotten so far, but he is using completely different files than the interior files that I found. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFWF6Qv9Dhk

Can somebody tell me what i need to do? i've gotten pretty far now, so i dont think its a big difference. i'm just lost on how to load s t o c k interiors. as soon as i figure this out i'm going to make a video to help helpless souls like me.

If you have installed KSP PartTools as I mentioned earlier, and you configured it correctly per the thread I linked to, there is a "KSP Part Tools" under the Tools menu in Unity.  Click it, and the Part Tools window opens up.  Press the Setup button/tab in that window, press Set Data Dir, point Part Tools at the KSP installation you are going to work in (I recommend NOT using the same one you play in), maybe press Refresh while you're at it.  Press the Spaces button/tab in the Part Tools window, and pick which IVA you want to edit (press Spawn).  If you can't get to that point, either you skipped a step, or you did not install correctly.

4 hours ago, MOARdV said:

If you have installed KSP PartTools as I mentioned earlier, and you configured it correctly per the thread I linked to, there is a "KSP Part Tools" under the Tools menu in Unity.  Click it, and the Part Tools window opens up.  Press the Setup button/tab in that window, press Set Data Dir, point Part Tools at the KSP installation you are going to work in (I recommend NOT using the same one you play in), maybe press Refresh while you're at it.  Press the Spaces button/tab in the Part Tools window, and pick which IVA you want to edit (press Spawn).  If you can't get to that point, either you skipped a step, or you did not install correctly.

WOO! yea! got that working, i now realised why the inline might have been skipped. its so small. did some scaling on the props i put in, now i just need to export it into ksp. how exactly do i overwrite the configs to put it in the game? (edit: Got it! whoop whoop. a lot of frustration but i got past the first step. i will be tweaking these a lot.

Edited by Not Sure

While making IVA's I am running into some issue that hopefully one(or some) of you can help me with. 

-When trying to spawn MFD's I get a null reference error in unity

-With a bunch of other props I get a "model not present" error

-with ASET MFD's I get a coding error in KSP when I try to launch a craft. (I know this isn't the totally correct place for this, but the makers of ASET are absent for the time being as AFAIK)

thanks in advance for your help ahead of time!

9 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

While making IVA's I am running into some issue that hopefully one(or some) of you can help me with. 

-When trying to spawn MFD's I get a null reference error in unity

-With a bunch of other props I get a "model not present" error

-with ASET MFD's I get a coding error in KSP when I try to launch a craft. (I know this isn't the totally correct place for this, but the makers of ASET are absent for the time being as AFAIK)

thanks in advance for your help ahead of time!

I'm not sure about the Unity error.  I would guess that something's not configured correctly.  Similar guess with the "model not present" error.  You might try the "refresh" button on the KSP Part Tools setup - maybe it got misconfigured?

I'd need to know what you mean by "coding error" on the ASET MFD - is it the extra hex strings instead of text colors?  That's a known and unfortunate side-effect of the RPM v0.28.0 release.  I am pretty sure the ASET props thread has fixes people made on the last few pages, but I don't have those links handy.

38 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

I'm not sure about the Unity error.  I would guess that something's not configured correctly.  Similar guess with the "model not present" error.  You might try the "refresh" button on the KSP Part Tools setup - maybe it got misconfigured?

I'd need to know what you mean by "coding error" on the ASET MFD - is it the extra hex strings instead of text colors?  That's a known and unfortunate side-effect of the RPM v0.28.0 release.  I am pretty sure the ASET props thread has fixes people made on the last few pages, but I don't have those links handy.

I tried that and it doesn't work either. I don't think it is a unity/part tools issue as props from other mods work fine and a bunch from JSI don't. 

When inlaunch the craft a error error message comes on screen that says RPM isn't configured properly and the ASET RPM screens don't work at all. And no nothing comes on screen at all.

14 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

are the textures for the props supposed to show in Unity?

It Depends (TM).  Unity does not load DDS textures, so you end up with a bunch of untextured props.  What I do is make a copy of the parts of GameData that I use for IVA production (all the IVA models and props, basically), and I make sure the textures are converted to PNG / TGA.  It's a nuisance to set up, but it gives you a better idea of how the layout will look.  Oh, and retroactively converting the textures from DDS to another format doesn't change props you've already placed.  Unity "remembers" the bogus white texture it's using, so you have to re-place the prop if you want to get a textured version of it.

On 1/30/2017 at 3:15 PM, TMasterson5 said:

I tried that and it doesn't work either. I don't think it is a unity/part tools issue as props from other mods work fine and a bunch from JSI don't. 

When i launch the craft an error message comes on screen that says RPM isn't configured properly and the ASET RPM screens don't work at all. And no nothing comes on screen at all.

@MOARdV any ideas?

1 hour ago, TMasterson5 said:

@MOARdV any ideas?

Without a log, no.  Go into GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins/PluginData/rpm-config.cfg and change 'DebugLogging = False' to 'DebugLogging = True', launch KSP and get the error to come up, and exit out of the game and put KSP.log on DropBox or somewhere so that I can take a look at it.

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

Without a log, no.  Go into GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins/PluginData/rpm-config.cfg and change 'DebugLogging = False' to 'DebugLogging = True', launch KSP and get the error to come up, and exit out of the game and put KSP.log on DropBox or somewhere so that I can take a look at it.

Will get you the log thank you sir!

6 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

This is trying to spawn the basic MFD

That means that the MFD model that it's trying to spawn isn't in that location (JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Components/MFD40x20v2/model).  The most likely reason is that the GameData directory that KSP Part Tools is pointing at doesn't have that prop.

The error you're seeing in the game indicates that the font texture that the prop is trying to use doesn't exist (and RPM is behaving badly because of it - I need to fix that).  It looks like the MFDs are the ALCOR MFDs (ALCORMFD40x20).  You would need to look at the config for that prop and see what fonts it's looking for.  If they're the original ASET configs, the fonts reside in ASET/ASET_Props/MFDs/Fonts/

19 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

That means that the MFD model that it's trying to spawn isn't in that location (JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Components/MFD40x20v2/model).  The most likely reason is that the GameData directory that KSP Part Tools is pointing at doesn't have that prop.

The error you're seeing in the game indicates that the font texture that the prop is trying to use doesn't exist (and RPM is behaving badly because of it - I need to fix that).  It looks like the MFDs are the ALCOR MFDs (ALCORMFD40x20).  You would need to look at the config for that prop and see what fonts it's looking for.  If they're the original ASET configs, the fonts reside in ASET/ASET_Props/MFDs/Fonts/

On the first part: I can see the model in that directory that I am pointing it to, so Im not really sure why it isnt finding the model.....

On the second part: I had it installed incorrectly apparently. I have both ASET Props and ASET Avionics installed in seperate folders, not parented under one folder, so that fixed that thanks!

Edited by TMasterson5

@MOARdV

Is a release of FAR for 1.2.2 the only thing that prevents the 2 from working together? I ask because I am using a dev build of FAR and the RPM integration is not working. I wondered if you had to get a copy of 1.2.2 FAR to target your build from, or if changes were needed in the code (yours or his) for functionality. I understand you waiting for an official release to work on the two. I thought if it was an easy fix I would do it myself.Thanks!

16 hours ago, Svm420 said:

@MOARdV

Is a release of FAR for 1.2.2 the only thing that prevents the 2 from working together? I ask because I am using a dev build of FAR and the RPM integration is not working. I wondered if you had to get a copy of 1.2.2 FAR to target your build from, or if changes were needed in the code (yours or his) for functionality. I understand you waiting for an official release to work on the two. I thought if it was an easy fix I would do it myself.Thanks!

Assuming the interface RPM uses to talk to FAR didn't change, a new version of FAR would "just work".  If something changed, then RPM would have to account for those changes.  Once ferram releases an official build, I'll check it out and see what changes RPM needs, but I won't look at it before then.

18 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Is it possible to access the MechJeb Maneuver Planner in RPM? I've never been able to find it.

Not in the demo IVAs and parts.  Some advanced IVA allow you to do a few other things (match velocity, Hohmann transfer, change Ap/Pe).

I just added RPM once again to my highly modded install, that works usally pretty well for that mod count.

But this run I had some errors and some exceptions. Could someone please take a look at it?

Spoiler

170219T003203.872 [INFO] [BetterBurnTime.Logging.Log] [BetterBurnTime] Vessel changed to Jebediah Kerman
170219T003203.946 [INFO] [KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.UpdateDetails] 2/19/2017 12:32:03 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Vessel Change from 'Minmus Lander 0.1 for 3' to 'Jebediah Kerman'
170219T003203.957 [INFO] [Chatterer.chatterer.begin_exchange] [CHATR] Capsule starts the exchange...
170219T003203.961 [INFO] [KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.CheckForFlightChanges] 2/19/2017 12:32:03 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel changed - resetting inqueue flag
170219T003203.966 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JSIFlashModule+<FlashCoroutine>d__0.MoveNext] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   at JSI.JSIFlashModule+<FlashCoroutine>d__0.MoveNext ()
   at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
170219T003203.968 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JSIFlashModule+<FlashCoroutine>d__0.MoveNext] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
170219T003203.988 [INFO] [KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.OnGUIEvery] 2/19/2017 12:32:03 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue
170219T003204.007 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JSIFlashModule+<FlashCoroutine>d__0.MoveNext] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
170219T003204.025 [INFO] [KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.OnGUIEvery] 2/19/2017 12:32:04 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Adding DrawGUI to PostRender Queue
170219T003205.401 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JSIFlashModule+<FlashCoroutine>d__0.MoveNext] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
170219T003209.561 [INFO] [EVAEnhancementsContinued.Log.Info] onBoardHandler
170219T003209.564 [INFO] [EVAEnhancementsContinued.Log.Info] Returned 0 EVA Propellant to Mk1-2 Command Pod (M)

And this one was very spammy:

Spoiler

170219T014836.501 [INFO] [FlightAutoSave+<PersistentSave>c__Iterator41.MoveNext] [AutoSave]: Game Backed Up and Saved
170219T014853.235 [INFO] [Chatterer.chatterer.begin_exchange] [CHATR] Capcom starts the exchange...
170219T014923.099 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T014924.077 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T014925.084 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T014926.079 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T014927.093 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T014928.081 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T014929.094 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T014930.029 [INFO] [FNPlugin.GameEventSubscriber.OnVesselGoOnRails] [KSP Interstellar] GameEventSubscriber - detected OnVesselGoOnRails
170219T014930.030 [INFO] [InfernalRobotics.Command.ServoController.OnVesselUnloaded] IR: [ServoController] OnVesselUnloaded, v=Minmus Lander 0.1 for 3
170219T014930.039 [INFO] [Vessel.GoOnRails] Packing Minmus Lander 0.1 for 3 for orbit
170219T014930.103 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T014931.096 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T014932.094 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T014933.083 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T014934.097 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T014935.099 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T014936.906 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T014937.904 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T014938.565 [INFO] [OrbitDriver.OnRailsSOITransition] [OrbitDriver]: On-Rails SOI Transition from Kerbin to Sun.
 Transition UT Range: 12974321.347 - 12974322.347.
 Transition UT: 12974321.858. Iterations: 24.
170219T014938.569 [INFO] [OrbitPhysicsManager.setDominantBody] setting new dominant body: the Sun
FlightGlobals.mainBody: the Sun
170219T014938.623 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JUtil.CurrentBiome] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   at JSI.JUtil.CurrentBiome (.Vessel thatVessel)
   at JSI.RasterPropMonitorComputer.<GetEvaluator>b__126 (System.String variable, JSI.RPMVesselComputer comp)
   at JSI.RasterPropMonitorComputer.FixedUpdate ()
170219T014938.630 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JUtil.CurrentBiome] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   at JSI.RasterPropMonitorComputer.<GetEvaluator>b__126 (System.String variable, JSI.RPMVesselComputer comp)
170219T014938.636 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JUtil.CurrentBiome] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
170219T014938.640 [INFO] [Chatterer.chatterer.begin_exchange] [CHATR] Capsule starts the exchange...
170219T014938.672 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JUtil.CurrentBiome] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

until

Spoiler

170219T015206.917 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JUtil.CurrentBiome] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
170219T015206.924 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JUtil.CurrentBiome] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
170219T015206.931 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JUtil.CurrentBiome] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
170219T015206.969 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JUtil.CurrentBiome] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
170219T015206.975 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JUtil.CurrentBiome] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
170219T015207.024 [INFO] [OrbitDriver.OnRailsSOITransition] [OrbitDriver]: On-Rails SOI Transition from Sun to Kerbin.
 Transition UT Range: 12974579.703 - 12974580.703.
 Transition UT: 12974580.431. Iterations: 24.
170219T015207.030 [INFO] [OrbitPhysicsManager.setDominantBody] setting new dominant body: Kerbin
FlightGlobals.mainBody: Kerbin
170219T015207.570 [INFO] [Chatterer.chatterer.begin_exchange] [CHATR] Capsule starts the exchange...
170219T015207.838 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T015208.778 [INFO] [Vessel.GoOffRails] Unpacking Minmus Lander 0.1 for 3
170219T015208.779 [INFO] [FNPlugin.GameEventSubscriber.OnVesselGoOffRails] [KSP Interstellar] GameEventSubscriber - detected OnVesselGoOffRails
170219T015208.850 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T015209.840 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T015210.820 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T015211.836 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T015213.715 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 
170219T015214.674 [WARNING] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Warning] KK: StaticDatabase.updateCache(): vPlayerPos is still v3.zero 

Full log is aviable if needed.

Edited by Jebs_SY

13 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

I just added RPM once again to my highly modded install, that works usally pretty well for that mod count.

(snip)

Full log is aviable if needed.

Actually, as long as those two exceptions are the only ones RPM is throwing, that provides plenty of information.  Thank you for the report.

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

Actually, as long as those two exceptions are the only ones RPM is throwing, that provides plenty of information.  Thank you for the report.

So does this mean you need more information or do you already have enough? :)

Today I got this when going on EVA:

Spoiler

170219T154528.120 [INFO] [FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Jebediah Kerman ---------------------- 
170219T154528.124 [INFO] [EasyVesselSwitch.Controller.OnVesselSwitch] Detected switch from ALCOR.LanderCapsule (Vessel) to kerbalEVA (Jebediah Kerman) (Vessel). Request camera stabilization.
170219T154528.125 [INFO] [PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Jebediah Kerman
170219T154528.135 [WARNING] [Part.SpawnIVA] [Part]: kerbalEVA (Jebediah Kerman) holds crew but has no interior model defined!
170219T154528.140 [INFO] [QuickStart.QuickStart.Log] QuickStart(QPersistent)[2.13]: OnVesselChange a3717448-533e-4ed4-8c54-bde30ce3bdd2
170219T154528.141 [INFO] [InfernalRobotics.Command.ServoController.OnVesselChange] IR: [ServoController] vessel kerbalEVA (Jebediah Kerman)
170219T154528.141 [INFO] [InfernalRobotics.Command.ServoController.OnVesselChange] IR: [ServoController] OnVesselChange finished successfully
170219T154528.143 [INFO] [EasyVesselSwitch.Controller.StabilizeCamera] Fix camera focus while keeping its position
170219T154528.144 [INFO] [BetterBurnTime.Logging.Log] [BetterBurnTime] Vessel changed to Jebediah Kerman
170219T154528.145 [INFO] [KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.UpdateDetails] 2/19/2017 3:45:28 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Vessel Change from 'Untitled Space Craft' to 'Jebediah Kerman'
170219T154528.201 [INFO] [Astrogator.DebugTools.DbgFmt] [Astrogator 570.645] Somebody tried to load with a null origin
170219T154528.214 [INFO] [Chatterer.chatterer.begin_exchange] [CHATR] Capsule starts the exchange...
170219T154528.218 [INFO] [KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.CheckForFlightChanges] 2/19/2017 3:45:28 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel changed - resetting inqueue flag
170219T154528.222 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JSIFlashModule+<FlashCoroutine>d__0.MoveNext] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
170219T154528.223 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JSIFlashModule+<FlashCoroutine>d__0.MoveNext] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
170219T154528.342 [INFO] [KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.OnGUIEvery] 2/19/2017 3:45:28 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue
170219T154528.370 [INFO] [KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.OnGUIEvery] 2/19/2017 3:45:28 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Adding DrawGUI to PostRender Queue
170219T154528.535 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JSIFlashModule+<FlashCoroutine>d__0.MoveNext] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
170219T154528.570 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JSIFlashModule+<FlashCoroutine>d__0.MoveNext] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
170219T154528.933 [EXCEPTION] [JSI.JSIFlashModule+<FlashCoroutine>d__0.MoveNext] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
170219T154528.964 [INFO] [Astrogator.DebugTools.DbgFmt] [Astrogator 571.408] Somebody tried to load with a null origin
170219T154529.297 [INFO] [Astrogator.DebugTools.DbgFmt] [Astrogator 571.741] Somebody tried to load with a null origin
170219T154529.327 [INFO] [Astrogator.DebugTools.DbgFmt] [Astrogator 571.772] Somebody tried to load with a null origin
170219T154532.473 [INFO] [Astrogator.DebugTools.DbgFmt] [Astrogator 574.917] Somebody tried to load with a null origin
170219T154534.902 [INFO] [Astrogator.DebugTools.DbgFmt] [Astrogator 577.346] Somebody tried to load with a null origin
170219T154538.367 [INFO] [Astrogator.DebugTools.DbgFmt] [Astrogator 580.811] Somebody tried to load with a null origin
170219T154541.495 [INFO] [Astrogator.DebugTools.DbgFmt] [Astrogator 583.939] Somebody tried to load with a null origin
170219T154543.798 [INFO] [SCANsat.SCAN_Data.SCANdata.generateHeightMap] [SCANsat] Height Map Of [Minmus] Completed...
170219T154545.995 [INFO] [Astrogator.DebugTools.DbgFmt] [Astrogator 588.440] Somebody tried to load with a null origin
170219T154550.252 [INFO] [Astrogator.DebugTools.DbgFmt] [Astrogator 592.696] Somebody tried to load with a null origin
170219T154554.539 [INFO] [Astrogator.DebugTools.DbgFmt] [Astrogator 596.983] Somebody tried to load with a null origin
170219T154600.428 [INFO] [Astrogator.DebugTools.DbgFmt] [Astrogator 602.872] Somebody tried to load with a null origin
170219T154602.497 [INFO] [SCANsat.SCAN_Data.SCANdata.generateHeightMap] [SCANsat] Height Map Of [Duna] Completed...
170219T154606.009 [INFO] [Astrogator.DebugTools.DbgFmt] [Astrogator 608.454] Somebody tried to load with a null origin

Edited by Jebs_SY