[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Just a small question/feature request:

Is it possible to toggle "stage only" in the ressource-display? I haven't found a way to do this. It's hard to tell if staging is necessary in IVA.

Just a small question/feature request:

Is it possible to toggle "stage only" in the ressource-display? I haven't found a way to do this. It's hard to tell if staging is necessary in IVA.

Yes, you press the same button again (if my memory does not fail me)

Can you make changes to the HUD section? using it at night is pretty painful, at least the mark one cockpit. The green is too solid and the symbols have too much black outline, it nearly made it impossible to fly IVA-only at night.

I've posted on DropBox a beta version of 0.19.3. What I'm specifically looking for is feedback on the Nav Waypoint feature. I think I've got it working on the PFD (the NavBall page), but since I haven't had time to play through a career game to get a contract that includes a waypoint, I don't know for sure that it works correctly. Since I also don't know what the waypoint looks like on the NavBall, I've implemented it as a prograde marker in magenta (basically, the same as the TGT+ icon when a craft is targeted). I assume that's not right, so if someone wants to post a screen shot of what it should look like, I'd appreciate it. The VesselView flicker is fixed, and PODTEMPERATURE now reports Celsius like it should. Plus there are a few new temperature variables, plus some variables to help with landing near a target.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't find a way to slow down my mouse scroll during IVA: when I try to zoom in, it goes from far (enough to be unintelligible) to VERY near (enough to not being able to see a full display).

Can you help me?

I've posted on DropBox a beta version of 0.19.3. What I'm specifically looking for is feedback on the Nav Waypoint feature. I think I've got it working on the PFD (the NavBall page), but since I haven't had time to play through a career game to get a contract that includes a waypoint, I don't know for sure that it works correctly. Since I also don't know what the waypoint looks like on the NavBall, I've implemented it as a prograde marker in magenta (basically, the same as the TGT+ icon when a craft is targeted). I assume that's not right, so if someone wants to post a screen shot of what it should look like, I'd appreciate it. The VesselView flicker is fixed, and PODTEMPERATURE now reports Celsius like it should. Plus there are a few new temperature variables, plus some variables to help with landing near a target.

All the different mission icons are in this folder: C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\Contracts\Icons

Contract packs also add icons when Contract Configurator is installed, ex:

C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ContractPacks\AnomalySurveyor\Icons

The NavHud mod manages all these icons very nice, here's the source file: https://github.com/Ninenium/NavHud/blob/master/Source/WaypointMarker.cs

Any chance this can be updated through ckan? Still showing version 19.2.1 as most recent.

I don't do anything directly with CKAN. KerbalStuff manages something that, and the version posted there is 0.19.2.2. The only difference between 0.19.2.1 and 0.19.2.2 is the version file included in the ZIP was incorrect, and that was causing AVC users grief. If you're asking about the 0.19.3 beta, no, it will not be available through the normal release channels. I made it available in the hopes that some RPM users would be willing to do some testing and provide feedback, since it's not possible for me to thoroughly test every feature in every circumstance.

Thanks for the response. I wasn't referring to the beta version. Was getting prompts that there was an update in game but ckan isn't showing one. I will do it manually, but I think it messes up how ckan monitors installed mods.

I've recently installed this mod but it seems to be causing major FPS drops when going into IVA mode. When I try click on a button on a monitor it causes my frame rate to rise but the buttons within the cockpit stop working and the monitors turn grey with some weird texture. Does anyone else have this issues?

*EDIT* I think I had an old version on as I think I've fixed the issue by overwriting it with the latest version.

Edited by Rykane
Found solution for my problem

Can you make changes to the HUD section? using it at night is pretty painful, at least the mark one cockpit. The green is too solid and the symbols have too much black outline, it nearly made it impossible to fly IVA-only at night.

Your best bet for the time being is to use VexcomHud. MOARdV, might it be an idea to speak to luizopiloto and see if you can integrate it into the main mod, as it is a massive improvement over the basic HUD?

Any news on the Inline MK1 cockpit getting a RPM interior?

The following haven't been updated, but they work fine in KSP 1.0/1.0.2 with the latest RPM and ALCOR Props Pack.

You can add Sam Hall Mk1 Inline Cockpit IVA (download from Curseforge). If you have RPM installed it will use that.

For a more up-to-date cockpit, use RPM with Sam Hall's installed and add in AeroKerbin Industries update of it; AKI also needs the latest ALCOR Props Pack.

Thanks for fixing that Vesselview flicker, MOARdv. I'll try out RPM dev 0.19.3 later. If possible, I'd like a simple way to switch the temperature display to Kelvin. :)

Here's a screenshot with the navball showing a waypoint navigation marker. Waypoint Manager showing the navigation mark on the ground in flight (helps a lot when using NavHud). The marks sometimes come in yellow and red as well. (Navball slide over and scaled with Enhanced Navball.)

screenshot28a.png

All the different mission icons are in this folder: C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\Contracts\Icons

Contract packs also add icons when Contract Configurator is installed, ex:

C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ContractPacks\AnomalySurveyor\Icons

The NavHud mod manages all these icons very nice, here's the source file: https://github.com/Ninenium/NavHud/blob/master/Source/WaypointMarker.cs

The icons are also explained on the KSP Wiki in the Navball and Navigation marks articles.

If I haven't said it already this mod is freaking amazing, however regarding the missing ADI/ArtificialHorizon ladder: I did some digging and apparently it's due to openGL, however I'm on Linux x64 and so there's no work around I can see me being able to do. I was just wondering if you might be able to adress this glitch for Linux users (that's if I'm not the only one getting it). Cheers again for this fantastic mod!

I've updated the beta version of RPM on DropBox. There are some new props available for IVA makers, plus a couple of little fixes, but the main thing I'm still looking for is feedback on the nav waypoints on the PFD. Thanks to user Enceos for pointing me at some code that demonstrates a way to get the right icon and color. I still do not have a save game with a waypoint that I can test against, so I'm hoping someone can take a look and see if the icon is right this time.

EDIT:

If I haven't said it already this mod is freaking amazing, however regarding the missing ADI/ArtificialHorizon ladder: I did some digging and apparently it's due to openGL, however I'm on Linux x64 and so there's no work around I can see me being able to do. I was just wondering if you might be able to adress this glitch for Linux users (that's if I'm not the only one getting it). Cheers again for this fantastic mod!

I've looked at it, and I see artifacts with DX as well on Windows, but I haven't nailed down why the OpenGL path is acting so badly. I have an open bug on GitHub to look into it, and I will get to it sooner or later.

Edited by MOARdV
Add reply to pingopete

But I have a question: How do you guys move props around in IVA? I want to see MFDs more clearly due to my small laptop screen, and rearranging MFD props would be a good solution. Editing XYZ and rotation values in internal.cfg files do seem to work, but without any way to visualise it is just a very tiresome trial and error process.
I'm facing a similar problem; in 1280x960, the MFDs are a bit teeny-tiny. Before I try and move them around, being lazy, I thought I'd check if anyone else has done it already...

I've updated the beta version of RPM on DropBox. There are some new props available for IVA makers, plus a couple of little fixes, but the main thing I'm still looking for is feedback on the nav waypoints on the PFD. Thanks to user Enceos for pointing me at some code that demonstrates a way to get the right icon and color. I still do not have a save game with a waypoint that I can test against, so I'm hoping someone can take a look and see if the icon is right this time.

EDIT:

I've looked at it, and I see artifacts with DX as well on Windows, but I haven't nailed down why the OpenGL path is acting so badly. I have an open bug on GitHub to look into it, and I will get to it sooner or later.

Ok cool, and thanks :) After doing some further investigation I found that by converting the ADI ladder to tga, aspects were appearing however only in stock/b9 cockpits with MFDs. The HUD ladder works also but not in the MFD screen only in the HUD. I will continue looking into it. Thanks again for all your work!

Pretty sure that's intentional. That's where the airlock is. If you double click it you can get out. Else there's no way to EVA from IVA.

I dont know if it is, in all the other 3 seats there are doors in weird places, is your iva like this?

http://gyazo.com/a165a8e365e96b6c74e508f8d8a03103 I seem to be having an issue with doors appearing inside the 1-2 command pod, anyone know how to sort this??

That's intentional. Like Ralathon said, that's what you click on to send Kerbals EVA. I haven't seen any extra doors anywhere, but I wasn't looking for them last time I loaded the Mk1-2 pod.

Pretty sure that's intentional. That's where the airlock is. If you double click it you can get out. Else there's no way to EVA from IVA.

is not an issue :mad:

To keep my memory footprint down, I often run with OpenGL in Windows. Hope you can have a look at this soon, MOARdV.

Didn't get a chance to check out RPM 0.19.3-beta1. I've updated to RPM 0.19.3-beta2 and here's some screenshots with waypoints. I also have Waypoint Manager so they are visible in normal Flight 3rd-person view. The screenshots were taken as quickly as possible one right after another.

The navigation marker isn't showing up on the PFD navball. However, when waypoint navigation is turned off after being on, a speckled pattern is present near where the marker would be.

screenshot0.png

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png

screenshot4.png

screenshot5.png

monitor2015-05-11_23-36-56_-890538_24.png