[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Is it possible to get camera and video display IVA?

Which camera mod to use then ?

Waiting months for this 1.0, with RPM^^

PS: reading previous thread. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603-0-23-5-RasterPropMonitor-make-your-IVA-a-glass-pit-%28v0-16%29-20-Apr

I used the cameras from Hullcam VDS with RPM in 0.90. Or did't i understand something correctly ;)

No official documentation. I'll add a to-do reminder to create a wiki page to document it.

Thanks, but no hurry. The mod itself is more important. Can't wait to download the 1.0-Fix.

Thank you! It feels so good when there are working screens and HUDs to look at.

But I have a question: How do you guys move props around in IVA? I want to see MFDs more clearly due to my small laptop screen, and rearranging MFD props would be a good solution. Editing XYZ and rotation values in internal.cfg files do seem to work, but without any way to visualise it is just a very tiresome trial and error process.

Is there a documentation for what the left and right buttons exactly do in each window?

I can't remember exactly (not able to play atm) but I'm pritty sure there is some limited documentation on the homescreens in IVA itself.

And offcourse, just click all the buttons. Surely noone is so lazy they don't want to just click 10 buttons to see what they do?

But I have a question: How do you guys move props around in IVA? I want to see MFDs more clearly due to my small laptop screen, and rearranging MFD props would be a good solution. Editing XYZ and rotation values in internal.cfg files do seem to work, but without any way to visualise it is just a very tiresome trial and error process.

You use Unity and some KSP-specific extensions to visually edit the IVA. I don't remember where the components you need to download are, but there's got to be at least one thread around here that will point you in the right direction.

You use Unity and some KSP-specific extensions to visually edit the IVA. I don't remember where the components you need to download are, but there's got to be at least one thread around here that will point you in the right direction.

Found some tutorials with your information. Looks a bit of hassle but I'll try when I have some time. Thanks again!

As the ghost of Valentina will tell you, double-clicking the inside of a hatch to EVA will allow it, regardless of the Astronaut Complex level (for example, disallowing EVA in flight). Would be great if it could, but it's not a major thing :)

EDIT: Oh, and how compatible is this with the KSI MFDs? I notice there's a few more variables added - I'll assume they won't be displayed, but as long as it doesn't break things, that's ok by me.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

EDIT: Oh, and how compatible is this with the KSI MFDs? I notice there's a few more variables added - I'll assume they won't be displayed, but as long as it doesn't break things, that's ok by me.

If the KSI MFDs use RasterPropMonitor, they're compatible. There was one "breaking" change in the way times are parsed and displayed which will require a change to those MFDs, unless you're willing to live with the MET and times to Ap/Pe being off by a day. Other than that, RPM 0.19.0 is fully backwards-compatible with older cockpits. Using the new variables requires updating the MFDs.

I have noticed a discrepancy between radar altitude and altitude (pressure altitude). While flying over the sea, the altitude was indicated as 7000 m (which would be the correct altitude), while the radar altitude was given with 8000 m. Since KSP is not using a standard barometer pressure to unify altitudes above a specifc pressure level, this must be wrong. They should both be the same over sea. :)

DYRcDvv.png

I have noticed a discrepancy between radar altitude and altitude (pressure altitude). While flying over the sea, the altitude was indicated as 7000 m (which would be the correct altitude), while the radar altitude was given with 8000 m. Since KSP is not using a standard barometer pressure to unify altitudes above a specifc pressure level, this must be wrong. They should both be the same over sea. :)

Actually, it's a quirk of KSP and RPM. RPM's "RADARALT" value reports altitude over land, regardless of the presence of an ocean. It looks like the sea is about 1.08km deep where you're at. There is a separate variable called "RADARALTOCEAN" that will report 7.0km in this scenario (it reports the closer of sea level or ground level). If the general consensus is that RADARALTOCEAN should be used here, I'll update it (it's what I use for my own MFDs, but this is one Mihara set up, I believe).

Actually, it's a quirk of KSP and RPM. RPM's "RADARALT" value reports altitude over land, regardless of the presence of an ocean. It looks like the sea is about 1.08km deep where you're at. There is a separate variable called "RADARALTOCEAN" that will report 7.0km in this scenario (it reports the closer of sea level or ground level). If the general consensus is that RADARALTOCEAN should be used here, I'll update it (it's what I use for my own MFDs, but this is one Mihara set up, I believe).

Hmmm, the RADARALT reporting the ocean depth is only useful for ships or the use of RPM on ships specifically (RADARALT - RADARALTOCEAN = WATER DEPTH). So, it might be practical to use RADARALTOCEAN. Although this my personal preference only.

Heh. I can imagine this could be useful for ships and subs, but for everything else I think the ocean surface=0.0 would be preferred, please. ;)

Is it RPM that adds the cluster of instrument lights (MECO, TWR, HEAT, etc.) to the cockpits? If so, what trips the heat sensor: hottest part, or overall craft temp? Im playing around with a small, overpowered craft, and I can heat it up pretty fast but it explodes quickly after that alarm light comes on. I wonder if the alert state shouldn't happen sooner (or I should fly slower...).

It looks like I released v0.19.0 with debugging code still in place, and it did not reflect the snapshot for release v0.19.0. I have corrected this with a new release:

v0.19.1, now on GitHub. It is functionally identical to what 0.19.0 *should* have been. Please update to 0.19.1. Sorry for the inconvenience.

That one. I don't know of anyone making a Mk3 config so we either wait until someone does or we make one ourselves.

If someone has a Mk3 config that they're willing to share, let me know. I may get around to one myself eventually, but there's plenty of other things I need to do (like actually spend time playing the game instead of working on the mods :) ).