[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Hello, @MOARdV. I'm trying to add a new font to RPM to give a little retro feel for some of the cockpits I'm working on (specifically the Kerbonov Kn-2). I downloaded @luizopiloto's RPMfont tool, made a .png file and FontDefinition.txt, and placed it in a MyMod/Fonts folder, but RPM still defaults to Arial when using JSILabel. What am I doing wrong / what do I need to do?

7 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Hello, @MOARdV. I'm trying to add a new font to RPM to give a little retro feel for some of the cockpits I'm working on (specifically the Kerbonov Kn-2). I downloaded @luizopiloto's RPMfont tool, made a .png file and FontDefinition.txt, and placed it in a MyMod/Fonts folder, but RPM still defaults to Arial when using JSILabel. What am I doing wrong / what do I need to do?

JSILabel only works with the fonts included in the asset bundle (and Arial, of course, and other any system fonts on your computer), so custom bitmap fonts won't work with it.  It requires an asset that's loaded as a Unity Font, and writing code to import bitmaps and convert them into a Unity Font was more work than I wanted to tackle at the time.  The bitmap fonts work only on MFDs.

On 5/4/2017 at 7:22 AM, MOARdV said:

JSILabel only works with the fonts included in the asset bundle (and Arial, of course, and other any system fonts on your computer), so custom bitmap fonts won't work with it.  It requires an asset that's loaded as a Unity Font, and writing code to import bitmaps and convert them into a Unity Font was more work than I wanted to tackle at the time.  The bitmap fonts work only on MFDs.

Well, crap. Thanks for saving me some frustration.

Edited by theonegalen

A great mod! But i have 2 things to ask.

1:i have the mod installed but it doesn't appear on stock ivas (odd because i have the OPT aerospace mod installed and the system appears on ivas there)

2: there are pictures of consoles with external camera views on them. Are these included? or do i need another mod?

3:i have seen pictures of consoles with a view of the crafts orbit. To get to the question i refer you to /\

Other than those issues the mods great!:) (With what little time i have had messed with em while flying with a OPT cockpit)

6 hours ago, Avery616 said:

A great mod! But i have 2 things to ask.

1:i have the mod installed but it doesn't appear on stock ivas (odd because i have the OPT aerospace mod installed and the system appears on ivas there)

2: there are pictures of consoles with external camera views on them. Are these included? or do i need another mod?

3:i have seen pictures of consoles with a view of the crafts orbit. To get to the question i refer you to /\

Other than those issues the mods great!:) (With what little time i have had messed with em while flying with a OPT cockpit)

And here are your 4 answers.

1: Most likely incorrect installation.  RPM must be installed exactly where it needs to be installed to work.  Secondary possibility is that you're missing ModuleManager, which is a requirement.  Without additional info, I can't be more specific.

2: The consoles are included.  RPM also includes a part (really, a rescaled single-thruster RCS unit) that is configured as a camera, and other mods (HullCam VDS) include parts that RPM can use as external cameras.

3: That is part of RPM, and part of the "stock" RPM console.

4 hours ago, MOARdV said:

And here are your 4 answers.

1: Most likely incorrect installation.  RPM must be installed exactly where it needs to be installed to work.  Secondary possibility is that you're missing ModuleManager, which is a requirement.  Without additional info, I can't be more specific.

2: The consoles are included.  RPM also includes a part (really, a rescaled single-thruster RCS unit) that is configured as a camera, and other mods (HullCam VDS) include parts that RPM can use as external cameras.

3: That is part of RPM, and part of the "stock" RPM console.

thanks for your help :D

How does one enable the new com net functionality in RPM?

Did I read the change notes correctly when it said the screens would go blank on signal loss? But that it was disabled by default?

Also will that work with Remote tech as well?

On 2017-5-11 at 8:38 PM, WhitestWizard said:

Did I read the change notes correctly when it said the screens would go blank on signal loss? But that it was disabled by default?

Any information on this?

On 5/11/2017 at 2:38 PM, WhitestWizard said:

To enable the CommNet functionality, you will need to update props to use the new variables (for instance, making a new MFD page or editing an existing one).

Yes, the screens go blank on LOS if you update the MFD configs to support it.  It's currently an opt-out configuration due to the inconsistent way KSP identifies crewed vs. uncrewed command pods.

If RT changes the stock CommNet connectivity information, then RPM will work with it.  However, if RT connectivity does not use the stock CommNet functionality, then it won't work.  I don't use RT, so I don't know how it interacts with KSP 1.2.2.

4 hours ago, theonegalen said:

I assume one could use the new CommNet functionality to put up the "No Connection" page for the NAV page?

That's one possibility.  One could also use it to control a gauge indicating signal strength.

What does this mean?

Exception handling event onVesselWasModified in class RPMVesselComputer:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at JSI.RPMVesselComputer.onVesselWasModified (.Vessel who) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at JSI.RPMVesselComputer.onVesselWasModified (.Vessel who) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna:AddTransmitter()
RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna:SetState(Boolean)
RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna:OnStart(StartState)
Part:ModulesOnStart()
<Start>c__Iterator38:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

A lot of them.

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rijeojf5xlrz8o9/2017-05-22-2 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

This means you need to reproduce this problem on a cleaner KSP installation.  You have exceptions during part loading, more exceptions coming out of Contract Configurator, errors from TweakScale, etc, etc.  I have no way of knowing if there's a problem in RPM, or if there's another mod that's causing problems.

RasterPropMonitor v0.29.0 beta 1 for KSP 1.3.0 is out.  This is a minimally-tested update (I started it up, sat in a stock command pod, clicked MFD buttons, and said, "It works!" (for some definition of works) :) ).  As other mods get updated, I'm hoping for feedback on whether I missed anything major.

And, if anyone is curious: RPM does not support localization.  The MFD text renderer uses bitmap fonts. Rewriting the MFDs to support rendered fonts (with backwards compatibility to the existing bitmap fonts), or changing the bitmap font manager to support larger character sets is far more work than I'm willing to commit to for this mod.  If someone else wants to tackle that effort (and provide support for it), I'll be happy to accept a pull request.

2 hours ago, MOARdV said:

RasterPropMonitor v0.29.0 beta 1 for KSP 1.3.0 is out.  This is a minimally-tested update (I started it up, sat in a stock command pod, clicked MFD buttons, and said, "It works!" (for some definition of works) :) ).  As other mods get updated, I'm hoping for feedback on whether I missed anything major.

And, if anyone is curious: RPM does not support localization.  The MFD text renderer uses bitmap fonts. Rewriting the MFDs to support rendered fonts (with backwards compatibility to the existing bitmap fonts), or changing the bitmap font manager to support larger character sets is far more work than I'm willing to commit to for this mod.  If someone else wants to tackle that effort (and provide support for it), I'll be happy to accept a pull request.

Maybe, you can let the IVA creators do the various bitmap fonts and configs for the different languages, and let RPM chose the right files based on the game settings...

51 minutes ago, luizopiloto said:

Maybe, you can let the IVA creators do the various bitmap fonts and configs for the different languages, and let RPM chose the right files based on the game settings...

Somewhy I think that to keep the authenticity this mod shouldn't be translated. Right now for me it doesn't feel like Windows, but like DOS (maby with Norton commander, but still), and I would like it to stay that way.

Spoiler

But if you do translate it, I would like to offer my help with Russian.

1 hour ago, HaydenTheKing said:

Does inline MK1 cockpit have a RPM IVA? Also on stock expansion mod I dont have a RPM for inline MK2 or HV MK2 do they have them either?

The IVA for some of the stock pods changed in the time since the RPM IVAs were originally made, and no one has offered to update them.  RPM does not include IVAs for mods, so they wouldn't be part of the core RPM distribution.

Just now, MOARdV said:

The IVA for some of the stock pods changed in the time since the RPM IVAs were originally made, and no one has offered to update them.  RPM does not include IVAs for mods, so they wouldn't be part of the core RPM distribution.

Is there a repository of IVA's?