[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

6 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

Is it running in OpenGL 4.x mode?  Or do you have KSP forced to run in GL 2.x (I assume there's a way to do that)?

I was using plain ol launch.  but forcing to OpenGL has the same issue.  Running OpenGL4.5, there isnt a way, that I know about, to force it run a lower version

3 hours ago, martinmike2 said:

I was using plain ol launch.  but forcing to OpenGL has the same issue.  Running OpenGL4.5, there isnt a way, that I know about, to force it run a lower version

Okay.  There's something else going on.  I can force the Windows version to run in GL4.5 with no problem, and I'm on NVIDIA hardware, so it's not the shader, per se.  Guess I'll keep snooping around the 'net to see if there are clues.

EDIT: One other request, @martinmike2 - the last log you sent had a lot of exceptions from a kerbquake.dll.  Please remove that DLL, just to be sure it's not introducing side-effects.  It looks like it's an outdated mod, based on the exceptions it's throwing.

Edited by MOARdV

4 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Okay.  There's something else going on.  I can force the Windows version to run in GL4.5 with no problem, and I'm on NVIDIA hardware, so it's not the shader, per se.  Guess I'll keep snooping around the 'net to see if there are clues.

EDIT: One other request, @martinmike2 - the last log you sent had a lot of exceptions from a kerbquake.dll.  Please remove that DLL, just to be sure it's not introducing side-effects.  It looks like it's an outdated mod, based on the exceptions it's throwing.

Saw those myself and already removed it

3 hours ago, ksplover said:

Can you help me i download raster prop monitor and it wont work for me! I really want the mod it is a great mod

Hi there, it's basically impossible to help without a bit more info.  Would you mind posting a screenshot of your GameData folder?  Also, what version of RPM and what version of KSP are you using?

4 hours ago, ksplover said:

I am running on a mac and using ksp version 1.2.2 and I opened JSI a I put RasterPropMonitor.dll into plugins but now it freezes my game while loading

Not sure, but it might have to be JSI > RasterPropMonitor > Plugins > then the .dll.  Are you using the most recent version of RPM or the final one from KSP 1.2.2?

14 minutes ago, ksplover said:

I am playing on 1.2.2.1622 I put the whole jsi in plugins the insides changed to make room for computers but there are no computers. Could you tell me what files I put everything in?

Sure, as long as you aren't trying to use one of the KSP1.3 beta versions of RPM, it goes:

Kerbal Space Program (the folder wherever you have the game installed)

> GameData

> JSI (this is the JSI folder, from the zip where you downloaded the mod you're using)

> RasterPropMonitor (folder)

> Plugins - this is the folder that the .dll goes in.

I don't think the file structure is any different on a Mac than a PC for this purpose.  I imagine most of the files are necessary for it to work correctly, so for now you should just copy/paste the entire JSI folder from the zip into your GameData folder, and you should be good to go.

1 minute ago, ksplover said:

I messed around and I got the computers but nothings showing up on them 

Can you post a picture of your file structure, what it looks like in game, and your log file from a test where you open the game, go to a cockpit with the MFDs not working, then quit out of the game?

1 minute ago, ksplover said:

It worked Thanks! but what is the vessel view and other things like that?

Great!  Vessel Viewer is a mod that gives you a screen with a wire-frame model of your ship with a bit of functionality. A few of the screens come with the mod and are different bits of info.  Look up at the first post, there's a number of different mods that have buttons already built in to the MFDs, and having them installed as well gives you their functionality.  I don't use all of them, but I have a couple because I like the options for my 1st person flying.

4 minutes ago, ksplover said:

I was just wonder what files I put vessel viewer in

Im new to modding ksp

Most mods come with a readme to help out, or it will be described in the top post of the mod.  General rule is that you open the zip, delete any existing versions of the mod, then copy the contents of the GameData folder of the zip to the inside of the install's GameData folder.  The VesselView folder is just dropped in the GameData folder and there you go.

3 hours ago, ksplover said:

I was just wonder what files I put vessel viewer in

Im new to modding ksp

install the vesselviewer mod the same way as any other mod.  You may also consider using CKAN to manage your mods.

4 hours ago, Vulpis said:

I'm having issues starting ksp and from the output log it appears to be raster prop monitor that is crashing it, any ideas on how to fix it? I'm definitely using the right version (the version for ksp 1.3 with ksp 1.3).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/scl493pxw257ips/output_log.txt?dl=0

Looking at the list of DLLs at the top of the log, there's a second copy of several mod DLLs (including an outdated ModuleManager) in the GameData/GameData directory.  My guess is a mod was installed incorrectly that included RPM, SmokeScreen, Firespitter, B9PartSwitch, and B9AnimationModules.

So when I have this mod installed the Mk1 Cockpit looks like this within. Both "doors" in the IVA is are sideways and transparent as shown below:

godd23s.jpg

I've eliminated any kind of mod conflict by deleting all my other mods and running the game with only the ModuleManager.dll and the JSI folder, sitting alongside the "Squad" folder. I've noticed it was a problem with the 1.2 game version as well, but I finally got around to narrowing down which mod was the culprit and it's definitely this one. I don't know if this issue has been brought up before, but now that I have, at least I can have a little peace.

Something has definitely changed in the way KSP and the PartTools read the cfg files. I'm seeing the same thing with the doors, as well as seats refusing to show up in Unity. But my PartTools install has been such a nightmare that I wasn't sure if it was just me or an actual problem.