When did you buy KSP? (I want to know how many people waited for it to come out of Early Access)

PTNLemay

When did you buy KSP?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. When did you buy KSP?

• I haven't bought it yet.
    • I waited until the big 1.0 release.
    • I bought it before buildings were destroyable (0.25)
    • I bought it before they added the new planets (0.17)
    • I bought it before there was a proper map (0.11)

I meant to ask this before the big release date, but I was busy last weekend.

So yeah, I'm curious to know the ratio of people who actually held out all this time to get the game. Or if (for whatever reason) there are people who still haven't bought it. People who browse the forums and are members of the community, despite not playing the game. So... yeah, if you fit that criteria, share your stories.

Oh, sometime in... 2013? I think?

Huh, I don't really remember. I know I bought it over winter break, and that it was the next October when I joined the forum.

So I think in December 2012.

Wow, that was a long time ago.

June 2013, right after .20.2 came out.

I didn't even know the game was early access until I actually dug into it a bit more. I didn't know a thing about mods or the community. My first launch failed because I went for a realistic gravity turn in the souposphere. :P

I just *had* to get it though. A coworker showed it to me and I couldn't even wait for the Steam summer sale to hit.

You'll probably find that the forum is pretty biased population-wise towards people who bought the game before 1.0 came out at this point. Myself, I made my purchase pretty much as soon as I heard that the price would be going up to $10 for the next version and would keep rising after. Still the best $7 I've ever spent on any game.

Somebody mentioned it to me. Played someones else's. Bought in at .16 shortly after. Bought it again on Steam when that happened for reasons. Missed most of the career mode implementation when my computer died around .21. Got back in at .25 after buying it for a third time on a new Steam account(other one is lost in the realm of forgotten email and log in passwords.).

You'll probably find that the forum is pretty biased population-wise towards people who bought the game before 1.0 came out at this point.

Indeed, I'm noticing that, lol. A grand total of zero percent of people appear to have waited.

Wait buildings are destroyable? Crap better take extra care with the stuff I dump off then???

They can take a LOT of abuse, generally speaking, before they blow up. But yes, it is a good idea to angle your vessels slightly away from the launchpad right away at launch. Particularly in the new version since aerodynamics have taken on a more realistic model and gravity turns are thus much more gradual when done properly now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.