When did you buy KSP? (I want to know how many people waited for it to come out of Early Access)

PTNLemay

When did you buy KSP?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. When did you buy KSP?

• I haven't bought it yet.
    • I waited until the big 1.0 release.
    • I bought it before buildings were destroyable (0.25)
    • I bought it before they added the new planets (0.17)
    • I bought it before there was a proper map (0.11)

Tried it at v0.13.0 (before they added Minmus)

Bought it at v0.15.0

Enjoyed it ever since. Haven't transferred to Steam yet, but if I do I'm going to buy it there instead of getting a Steam key thru the Squad store. It's the least I can do for a game that's brought me this much enjoyment!

I think the ones who waited for 1.0 or didn't hear about it properly until 1.0 haven't been assimilated into the forums yet. I for one played long before looking up the forums. (half a year or so).

I'm sure we'll see a lot of necwcomers in the next few months, and if this poll was posted then, the results would've been slightly different.

Started playing KSP at 0.7-0.8 (can't remember which), the days before struts, meaningful SAS, strap on liquid boosters (could only attach solids to the radial mounts), no symmetry or angle snap. Oh, and no time acceleration either. Every launch was an exercise in hilarious, wobbly, misaligned torture, with no ultimate objective other than highest escape velocity.

My wife finally bought it for me for Xmas 2012, (around version 0.18 then) the lure of all them planets was too much for me to resist!

Edited by ah_mini

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the demo in August 2013 and at first I thought it was a crappy game. ended up buying it a few weeks later. I think it was 0.21 back then

Some 1700 hours on record...

Edited by Hydrazine_Soup

I believe I bought it at version 0.18. It was quite a while between then and when I joined this forum, which I guess explains your poll result. I imagine the general public would give you a very different distribution. I'll bet there's probably some way to get that info on Steam. I do seem to recall somebody posting that it was their #1 download right after the 1.0 release, so clearly quite a few people did wait.

....OK, reading upthread people said the game wasn't even on Steam until 0.19, so I guess that must have been when I bought it.

• 2 years later...

Total thread necro. You can thank google.

I dont know when I bought KSP, and it is causing me some issues because I don't know if I am going to get the new content for free or not.
I bought KSP through the website, so I believe that means I got it before it was available on steam.
I know that I got it before destructible buildings...

I dont know, I just cant figure it out - I know I had three kids, so that means it was in the last seven years, LOL

15 minutes ago, Tlmitf said:

I dont know when I bought KSP, and it is causing me some issues because I don't know if I am going to get the new content for free or not.

Well, you should be able to see on your account when you bought it. It's a bit complicated, but I recommend trying to find it before asking for help. If you need it, though, feel free to ping me here. :D

2 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Well, you should be able to see on your account when you bought it. It's a bit complicated, but I recommend trying to find it before asking for help. If you need it, though, feel free to ping me here. :D

There is a problem with that. My account info doesnt show me as having purchased the game, and I didn't buy it through steam either.

7 hours ago, Tlmitf said:

There is a problem with that. My account info doesnt show me as having purchased the game, and I didn't buy it through steam either.

Ah, I see. Did you transfer it to Steam (not buy it there)?

Just now, Dman979 said:

Ah, I see. Did you transfer it to Steam (not buy it there)?

Yeh, I input the key into steam.

I checked humble bundle as well, dont have a record of buying through them.
This has me a little confused.
I went through some facebook message history, and it seems I got the game between may and september 2013. Guess I'll be buying the DLC.

1 minute ago, Tlmitf said:

Yeh, I input the key into steam.

Ah-ha!

Yeah, that's probably why you're having this issue. If you're really dead-set on knowing when you bought it, though, feel free to contact Squad support.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.