A French Kerbonaut here !

Herr Rictus Bingo

Hi everyone :) I leave in the east of France in a region called Alsace it's near Germany :wink: It's been a long time i wanted to join the community but i'm a little bit shy because i don't speak english so well actually ... Uhmm for my little history i study History of Art at University, i'm passionate by the architecture of the "Dark Ages", the gothic style. So now KSP, i play it since... Humm a very long time i think since the 0.16 and see this little game launched for the 1.0 was very touching.

There it is i'm in the hype train now ! :D

A last question, a little bit silly but i'm really lost, how do we change our avatar ? :huh:

Welcome to the forums!

We are actually a very international community here and I've found the members to be very helpful and friendly, despite language barriers.

You can set an avatar after you have made three posts, I believe.

Happy landings!

Hello! Welcome to the forums. As far as I know, the other languages subforum is as nice of a place as the rest of the forum; which means very nice.

Happy Landings!

EDIT: Bienvenue sur les forums! Autant queje sache, l'autre sous-forum de langues est aussi agréable d'un lieu comme le reste du forum; ce qui signifie très agréable. Atterrissage heureux!

Edited by RAINCRAFTER

Welcome to the forums.

Je ne poste moi-même pas beaucoup, et la section francophone est bien dégarnie.

Pour ma part, après m'être bien amusé sur la démo, ce n'est qu'à la version 0.24 que j'ai franchi le pas.

Welcome to the forums, Herr Rictus Bingo! I always loving seeing folks outside of the US be part of our community. :)
Hi! For not speaking English so well, you seem to have a great grasp for English grammar!

Thanks it's lovely to discover others culture from the point of rocket science ! ;) And thank you EtherDragon for the thumb up it's really kindly :3

Bonjour! M'appelle Thomas988, et j'adore jouer le KSP! :D

How'd I do?

Welcome to the forums, Herr Rictus Bingo! I always loving seeing folks outside of the US be part of our community. :)

Quite well but it would be, "Bonjour, J'mappelle Thomas988 et J'adore jouer le KSP!" are you learning French?

And Welcome to the forums Herr Bictus Bingo i can speak a little french lets see, "Bonjour, J'mappelle Kyle, j'habite a Thornton En ecosse, j'ai 15 ans et j'adore le ksp!" How'd i do, im not very good at french and heres my favourite french sentance,

"Parle tu le Anglais?" I think i got that right.

Quite well but it would be, "Bonjour, J'mappelle Thomas988 et J'adore jouer le KSP!" are you learning French?

And Welcome to the forums Herr Bictus Bingo i can speak a little french lets see, "Bonjour, J'mappelle Kyle, j'habite a Thornton En ecosse, j'ai 15 ans et j'adore le ksp!" How'd i do, im not very good at french and heres my favourite french sentance,

"Parle tu le Anglais?" I think i got that right.

Hi Commander ! Yeah it's pretty good you've just forgot the "s" at the end of "parle" it's a grammatical correction :P Also i'm glad to know you're from Scotland :D

Bonjour! Je suis le moderateur des forums francais. Si vous avez une question que vous ne savez pas comment poser en anglais, vous pouvez y aller.

Aussi, mon clavier n'a pas des accents. :/ Desole!

Hello! I'm the moderator of the French forums. If you have a question and you want to ask it in French, you can go there.

Also, my keyboard doesn't have accents. :/ Sorry.

Hallo! Du bist ein Alsatian? Du spreke Deutsch?

All the German I learned came from Google translate a few years ago :rolleyes:

Welkommen!

Sorry mate my german skill is very rubbish even Google translator is better than me ! Also yes i'm alsacian but German is a pretty language but too difficult for my :c

Bonjour! Je suis le moderateur des forums francais. Si vous avez une question que vous ne savez pas comment poser en anglais, vous pouvez y aller.

Aussi, mon clavier n'a pas des accents. :/ Desole!

Merci de proposer votre aide j'y penserais ! :wink:

Edited by Herr Rictus Bingo

Because of white flags?

The French have (allegedly) a bit of a history of giving up quickly when the the Germans show up at their borders, therefor white flag + white flag on the moon = Tadaaa! A friendly space joke to welcome our new French friend :-)

The French have (allegedly) a bit of a history of giving up quickly when the the Germans show up at their borders

I'm aware of this stereotypical american sense of humor, but I'm expecting more from people of this forum.

Please keep in mind that 1 000 000 french people died at war in WWI, 4 000 000 were wounded, and the family tree of many of us can remember this.