[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

On 1/21/2023 at 7:11 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

@FreeThinker

Loading IFS Core on a vanilla 1.12.5 game is resulting in an immediate CTD, it's a result of the MiniAVC.dll.

Might be helpful if you removed that

thanks, I updated the package:

Version 3.30.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.5 which can be downloaded from here

Released on 2023-01-22

• Compiled against KSP 1.15.5
  • removed MiniAVC.dll which was causing CTD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @FreeThinker

I have a problem with Cryoengine, when I change the configuration of a fuel tank to MethaLOX for example, the tank become LqdMethane and LqdOxygen instead of Oxidizer, I checked and I don't have any other mod that uses LqdOxygen, do you have any idea where to look to troubleshoot the problem ?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

EDIT : SOLVED, I'm dumb, it was a sneaky patch by a part of rational ressource mod, my bad.

Hi ! 

I'm not sure which mod is the culprit in my case, so I'm posting in both B9PS and here, sory in advance : )

I'm having a serious warning each time I pull a stock tank in the VAB, like B9 and IFS are patching the same part, but not "cleanly" so that this message shoudn't pop up...
bellow screenshot, and dropbox links with ksp.log, and MM log,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yptzlw66q2u7u12/Player.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lterynr0ott3nm6/ModuleManager.log?dl=0

Thanks for your help :)
fT6v3Dx.png

Edited by kurgut

Hi !

What patch should I need to edit in order to make all fuel types switch available at start in career ?
Currently, the basic squad 1.25m fuel tanks don't accept all option (such as LH2/Oxi), whereas they do in sandbox.

I'm quite early game, but have some cryo engines unlocked already, using CTT.

Edited by kurgut

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 7:52 AM, kurgut said:

Hi !

What patch should I need to edit in order to make all fuel types switch available at start in career ?
Currently, the basic squad 1.25m fuel tanks don't accept all option (such as LH2/Oxi), whereas they do in sandbox.

I'm quite early game, but have some cryo engines unlocked already, using CTT.

I wanted to add to your comment that I encountered this problem when installing this mod. I had some ships with cryogenic engines and when I installed this mod I can no longer use them. Do you know any mod that adds all needed fuels into single tank with correct ratio? 

Edited by NaviG

• 3 months later...

@FreeThinker I'm having some problems with the lithium air battery. Basicly, it doesn't fully recharge, always stopping about 0.5KWh from full. It's not an issue with larger batteries, but when scaling the battery right down for ion engine probes it's causing problems. At 0.2m scale (smallest) the battery has a capacity of 0.4KWh, so once discharged it can't be recharged at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/13/2016 at 12:50 AM, FreeThinker said:

Version 2.2.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2

Released on 2016-10-13

• Compiled against KSP 1.2
  • When displayCurrentTankCost is true shows Dry Tank Cost, Resource Cost and Total Cost
  • Fixed Bug of Cost giving negative numbers
  • Added Oxygen-18, Nitrogen-15 and Fluorine to Cryogenic container
  • Fixed an issue where Mass ratio was not properly updated in the VAB the first time after switching
  • Fixed resource volume and mass ratio of new Cryogenic container
  • Includes Module Manager compatible with KSP 1.2

I'm curious..what's the purpose of Oxygen-18? Is there any in-game use? This is the only place where Oxygen-18 is mentioned in KSP context..

On 11/18/2023 at 2:54 AM, tierso said:

I'm curious..what's the purpose of Oxygen-18? Is there any in-game use? This is the only place where Oxygen-18 is mentioned in KSP context..

Oxygen 18 can be used as a advanced alternative Fusion Fuel source in Interstellar Extended, basicly it allows you to Run on an oxygen source, which is effectly almost anywhere. Its uselfull as a get home space fuel source.

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.