Avera9eJoe

[1.2.2] SPC-v0.14 - Spaceplane Corrections - *FSTextureSwitch Integration* (19 October 16)

79 posts in this topic

Please complain about mismatched textures here! It's the only way for me to find and fix them.

SPC - Spaceplane Corrections

Hello everyone. :)

Personally I've been pretty annoyed that the spaceplane pieces (and a number of other parts) don't all have matching colors or textures. They have a base white coat which is used for all splaceplane parts, but there are about five different shades that are used for wing trims. SO..... rather then complaining about it, I'm going to try and solve it.

This mod is dependent on the Firespitter plugin maintained by RoverDude, ModuleManager maintained by Sarbian, and TextureReplacer currently maintained by RangeMachine. Thank you all so much for making this mod work.

FULL ALBUM

Spoiler

SPC v0.14 and stock comparisons

KoNsMkm.png

Stock flaps ^

jMfGWtf.png

SPC ^

oF7Z3B3.png

Stock flaps ^

vzCKnNV.png

SPC ^

df4YBNF.png

L38ixPp.png

AloZRTz.png

vrXMyoW.png

Download:

License:

This mod is published under the MIT lisense. View it here.

Things to do

*Tell people to keep compaining about things! It's the only way for me to find things to "fix".

*???

Change logs

Spoiler

v1.3 Changelog
 * Revamped standard elevon "shuttle" variant textures
 * Renamed from SPPCC to SPC
 * Removed depreciated custom "black" textures
 * Removed depreciated shuttle and fuel tank textures

v0.12 Changelog
 * Replaced "Black" Nasa Stripe option with Default stripes, revamped Nasa tanks
 * Replaced/revamped wing textures for better seams 
 * Removed smallhardpoint

v0.11 Changelog
 * Added Fire Spitter FStextureSwitch2 integration! Part widget to switch textures!
 * Black, mk2Gray, and mk3Gray color variants for all pertinent spaceplane parts
 * PROFIT

v0.10 Changelog
 * Added black trim to small hardpoint
 * Added black cap to front of all new landing gear
 * Added black trim to AV-R8 winglet, large tailfin
 * Darkened lines on AV-R8 winglet
 * Added optional download for mk1Cockpit with recolored windows

v0.08 Changelog
 * Matched standard canard and swept wing
 * Shoutout to InsanePlumber for helping with optimized mipmaps ONCE AGAIN! Thanks man.

v0.07 Changelog
 * Optimized images
 * Merged TextureReplacer and copy-replace downloads

v0.06 Changelog
 * improved BIG-S delta
 * re-added advanced canard

v0.05 Changelog
 * Brightened flaps
 * Added "slit" indents into the SLS tank black stripes

v0.04 Changelog
 * darkened from v0.03

release v0.03 Changelog
 * Added ablative paneling to all flaps
 * Sharpened and lightened BIG-S Delta wing and tailfin
 * Matched SLS black stripes to spaceplane color scheme, shifted and stretched into correct dimentions
 * Sharpened wing textures
 * improved from WIP build v0.02

Well, this is it for now folks. Thanks for the read, and see you all later.

- Avera9eJoe

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Added to Spacedock
14 people like this

You made the bars on the NASA tanks line up. Can I hug you?

1 person likes this

You made the bars on the NASA tanks line up. Can I hug you?

Uhh. Sure! It's been annoying me for a while so I though I'd fix it rather than keep complaining :).

Version 0.04 released!

1 person likes this

That off set paint job on the NASA tank.... This mod, would get my download for that alone

1 person likes this

So I checked this last night and thought "Such a nice idea... Too bad the colors are too light for my tastes..." and then I got here today and you've darkened them already. THANK YOU! Have my download and rep, kind sir/madam :)

So I checked this last night and thought "Such a nice idea... Too bad the colors are too light for my tastes..." and then I got here today and you've darkened them already. THANK YOU! Have my download and rep, kind sir/madam :)

Hahaha np! I thought they were too bland as well.

Edit: Oh and FYI I am a sir. :wink:

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1.02 seems to have broken at least the Advanced Canard. Probably some other stuff too, but I haven't come across them. These fixes make everything better, so I thought you should know.

EDIT: Also, is there a way you could make the textures a little less defined (or something to that effect)? The textures seem to have some weird artifacts or... I don't really know how to describe it but look at the SPCC Big S delta wing. There's something off in it. Anti-aliasing seems confused.

Edited by RyanRising

1.02 seems to have broken at least the Advanced Canard. Probably some other stuff too, but I haven't come across them. These fixes make everything better, so I thought you should know.

EDIT: Also, is there a way you could make the textures a little less defined (or something to that effect)? The textures seem to have some weird artifacts or... I don't really know how to describe it but look at the SPCC Big S delta wing. There's something off in it. Anti-aliasing seems confused.

Yeah one second... I'm noticing the canard missing too. I'll take another sweep at the Big S delta. I purposely added contrast to bring out the paneling and scorching on the top, but I can easily dim it a bit. Did you download v0.05?

Yeah one second... I'm noticing the canard missing too. I'll take another sweep at the Big S delta. I purposely added contrast to bring out the paneling and scorching on the top, but I can easily dim it a bit. Did you download v0.05?

Oh, there's a v.0.05? I think that happened after I posted the comment. Downloading now...

EDIT: Yeah, it seems to have something to do with there being an AirplaneFins texture file, but then, I'm not sure what goes where. I'm no good with these things.

Edited by RyanRising

Ryan I just updated the "cover" GIF and download. Does this fix it?

Ryan I just updated the "cover" GIF and download. Does this fix it?

I'll check- Tomorrow! I'm kind of tired.

Very interesting! I think I am going to install this when I get the opportunity!

1 person likes this

Nice mod!

Also, all the Rockomax tanks are very out of place.

Cool idea. Just wondering if it would be better to use Texture Replacer or Module Manager to replace the textures rather than overwriting them.

Cool idea. Just wondering if it would be better to use Texture Replacer or Module Manager to replace the textures rather than overwriting them.

I'm actually seriously debating that. The only reason I'm replacing them I because it would save memory to just replace the stock textures. If that isn't a high priority worry, I may end up using texture replacer - though I am also a fan of having an independent mod too.

Cool mod a standardised texture for all the fuel tanks would be nice they are all over the place. I hate the textures for the medium 1.25 tank and the smaller 2.5 tanks they just don't fit right.

I'm actually seriously debating that. The only reason I'm replacing them I because it would save memory to just replace the stock textures. If that isn't a high priority worry, I may end up using texture replacer - though I am also a fan of having an independent mod too.

Module manager fixes wouldn't be too bad, but I have a few mods that don't play with texture replacer, so if you go down the texture replacer route, and it isn't too hard to keep a copy and replace version around, I'd be super happy about it.

Okay, yup, they do work. The advanced canards, that is.

Alright I've put up a secondary TextureReplacer download. Time to enjoy 1.0.2 for a bit :).

Double post sorry

Edited by InsanePlumber

KSP 1.0+ now natively supports the DDS format for textures.

SPPCC v0.6.0 does not use the minimap in DDS files, and it should be due to the optimization. (unless KSP does not use the mini map in DDS, just starting my adventure with modding KSP)

KSP 1.0+ now natively supports the DDS format for textures.

SPPCC v0.6.0 does not use the minimap in DDS files, and it should be due to the optimization. (unless KSP does not use the mini map in DDS, just starting my adventure with modding KSP)

All of my images are in .dds format. So... what are you saying?

MiniMap for textures on Wiki.

EDIT

What program do you use to create textures. I'll help you optimize them. (give you a hint what options to use when writing to the DDS format.)

EDIT2

Link to optimized textures on GoogleDrive.

The original non-optimized without minimap

11,0 MB (11.535.815 bytes)

Optimized with minimaps

8,66 MB (9.088.680 bytes) ~20% less memory consumption

Edited by InsanePlumber

MiniMap for textures on Wiki.

EDIT

What program do you use to create textures. I'll help you optimize them. (give you a hint what options to use when writing to the DDS format.)

EDIT2

Link to optimized textures on GoogleDrive.

The original non-optimized without minimap

11,0 MB (11.535.815 bytes)

Optimized with minimaps

8,66 MB (9.088.680 bytes) ~20% less memory consumption

I'm using paint.net for exporting and editing. From that link I can tell you're using 7zip... :D. I don't have the time to peek now, but do the optimizations take away any quality from the textures? If not, I'd love to know the optimized settings for paint.net so I can use them in future updates of this.

I did not notice deterioration.

See for yourself, comparing the texture from a link.

1pxRMs4.png

Edited by InsanePlumber