Engineers Report --> Design Checklist --> Command module is facing the wrong way...

I keep seeing this item in the Engineers Report/Design Checklist"

"This command module is facing the wrong way. It must have the same rotation as the root part or it may result in a misaligned navball."

First, I thought the command module was the root part. Second, I've tried to rotate the command module, but still get the msg. Doesn't seem to be a major issue, just curious. Thanks...

Edited by steve58
see post #3 in this thread.

Hmm. Hit "4" to activate Root Part Select mode, then click somewhere 1 part away from the command pod on your ship, then on the command pod. Should reroot the whole ship to the command pod if it isn't already.

Thanks Starwhip, I tried what you suggested, but still get the msg. However, I did notice that when I removed the MechJeb part, the msg went away, so its tied to MJ somehow. Gonna mark this one as answered...

I've seen this message as well. It's just a confusion on the part of KSP for having MJ act as a command module. You can safely ignore it if it's because of your AR202 module. I've not tested having multiple actual command pods on a craft yet though, such as a dockable lander. Don't know if the message appears in that situation as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a dead thread, but I was just confused by this issue and found out some interesting stuff that may help someone in the future doing a search. It has nothing to do with MechJeb, at least in my case. I am playing unmodded. I think it has more to do with rotating your command pod so it isn't facing north in the VAB, then the launch pad. My navball was 90 degrees off when I put a command pod on a flea and rotated it in the VAB and then tried to launch it.

• 4 months later...
I know this is a dead thread, but I was just confused by this issue and found out some interesting stuff that may help someone in the future doing a search. It has nothing to do with MechJeb, at least in my case. I am playing unmodded. I think it has more to do with rotating your command pod so it isn't facing north in the VAB, then the launch pad. My navball was 90 degrees off when I put a command pod on a flea and rotated it in the VAB and then tried to launch it.

Dunno. The first time I got the message was the first time I used MechJeb. No MechJeb, no message.

Not saying you're wrong about rotated command pods, I'm saying MEchJeb does it too.

Edited by CosmicCharlie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.