[KSP 1.4.5] [x] Science! - KSP Science report and checklist (V5.17)

Fed up of waiting for 1.2.9 gonna release this any way.  I've stopped coding it for the moment.  I left some logging in but I think that may be a good thing for a moment.  I don't really use Orbital Science so it's only had so much testing.

V5.6 - 04-Apr-2017 Built against KSP V1.2.2
* Situation bug on checklist window in KSC scene, now correctly becomes blank.
* Reading stored setting for checklist filter button correctly
* Orbital Science support for Here&Now trigger buttons
* Only using stock calls for triggering science if we can't use DMagic ones (seems to be best)

Get it while it's hot.  Don't tell other authors of weird science mods or they will all want one.

So [x] Science! still isn't going to correctly predict the under water stuff from DMagic.  Anything that more-or-less complies with stock will work as it always did.  It's just that you can now press the button to trigger it from Here&Now.

When I get back to this, I have a couple more setting bugs to fix and I want to start storing the position of the Here&Now window.

@Z-Key Aerospace sry, it is a Bit Late from me, but i wish to say thank you for this cutie. This mod is a Musthave for me for my moded playthroughs.

Great job and a Big Thank you for your work. Have a good time and many thankfull users.

Have a nice das

Funny Kabooms

Urses

Hi, great mod. I was looking exactly for something like this, but is it save to uninstall / install again at any time? I mean toggling on/off in case of game breaking or incompatibilyty with another mod, without the risk of breaking my save.

Some feedback from me:

- Using mouse scroll to scroll text in your mod aslo causes zooming in and out.

- Original game windows have closing button at right side of window bar, your mod have it at left. But this isn't big deal.

Edited by Smok

I have observe that the here & now evaluation of goo canister in low orbit is treated as if it is biome specific, while it is not. As far as I can tell the main windows of this mod does not have that problem. Is that a feature not yet implemented for here & now, or a bug?

Is there a way to exclude experiments from the Here-and-Now screen? There are two scenarios I'm running into:

1. The experiments defined in MOLE should not be shown; these experiments are run over time & require a MOLE lab to perform. They are not instant-run

2. It would be great if we could exclude non-runnable experiments from showing up & dropping us out of time warp; such as when there goo canisters on board but they are non-functional because the data has been removed.

1 hour ago, Bombaatu said:

Is there a way to exclude experiments from the Here-and-Now screen? There are two scenarios I'm running into:

1. The experiments defined in MOLE should not be shown; these experiments are run over time & require a MOLE lab to perform. They are not instant-run

I just posted about this in M.O.L.E. thread :)

First of all, great mod, I couldn't live without it.

Secondly, I have a suggestion: you should add a button to the Here and Now window to collect science into a Experiment Storage Unit (read: lunchbox) so that I don't have to find it on my vessel during flight.

I recently used [x] Science! in combination with Kerbalism.

With this combination you still can collect science, when your antenna can not reach the home world. I will post it over there, too. Maybe [x] Science! or Kerbalism can avoid this exploit in future versions. 

On 20.4.2017 at 1:16 AM, KBryan382 said:

First of all, great mod, I couldn't live without it.

Secondly, I have a suggestion: you should add a button to the Here and Now window to collect science into a Experiment Storage Unit (read: lunchbox) so that I don't have to find it on my vessel during flight.

I agree, for now I am using x science only to have an overview, the actual science is done by automated science sampler.

Would love to be able to collect all science within here&now, and to add a request: a button to reset experiments, if a scientist or lab is onboard.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a crucial mod. Thank you, it makes KSP so much more enjoyable.

I'd like to make a recommendation for a future feature (if possible). It'd be great if there was a display for the total amount of science left in the universe. I like to scale my science rate so that I finish once I've researched everything, and this would make doing that much easier. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this has already been reported, but could you please add this to the CelestialBodyFilters in science.cfg file? The experiments from MOLE should not show up on [x] Science. Thanks!

// WBI
		WBISurfaceConstructionStudy =	AvoidAll
		WBIKNUTS =						AvoidAll
		WBIBRE =						AvoidAll
		WBISAME =						AvoidAll
		WBIOrbitalRecon =				AvoidAll
		WBICryogenicRadiationStudy =	AvoidAll
		WBICryogenicResourceStudy =		AvoidAll
		WBICryogenicStudy =				AvoidAll
		WBICrystalGrowth =				AvoidAll
		WBIGooStudy	=					AvoidAll
		WBIIceCreamResearch =			AvoidAll
		WBILongTermCryogenicMiniStudy =	AvoidAll
		WBILongTermCryogenicStudy =		AvoidAll
		WBIMESS =						AvoidAll
		WBIConstructionTechniques =		AvoidAll
		WBIPowerToolsEvaluation =		AvoidAll
		WBISpaceAdaptionStudy =			AvoidAll
		WBITemperatureStudy =			AvoidAll
		WBIThermalStudy =				AvoidAll

There are some Science experiments in difficult situations that your mod seems to lack.

On Kerbin, it's possible to get splashdowns at the Highlands and Mountains in a few rare locations.

It's possible to get experiments while Flying Over the KSC biomes, if you run the experiments on the frame before you land.

I'm downloading KSP 1.3 and I'll get a new version out soon.

On 07/05/2017 at 2:28 AM, mkrco said:

This is a crucial mod. Thank you, it makes KSP so much more enjoyable.

I'd like to make a recommendation for a future feature (if possible). It'd be great if there was a display for the total amount of science left in the universe. I like to scale my science rate so that I finish once I've researched everything, and this would make doing that much easier. 

Clear the text filter, set the filter button to "All" and hover the mouse over the science count.  You will get a tool tip with some more stats in it.

6 hours ago, Hello :-) said:

On Kerbin, it's possible to get splashdowns at the Highlands and Mountains in a few rare locations.

I removed those, people were reporting them impossible.  I have seen some suggestions that there are possible in very small areas.  If you want to give the a go edit "science.cfg."  I'm happy with the situation as-is.  I do have some code that will look for splashed biomes.  I may or may not add it to [x] Science! somewhen.

On 19/05/2017 at 3:53 AM, Bombaatu said:

I'm not sure if this has already been reported, but could you please add this to the CelestialBodyFilters in science.cfg file? The experiments from MOLE should not show up on [x] Science. Thanks!

Will do.

1 hour ago, Z-Key Aerospace said:

Clear the text filter, set the filter button to "All" and hover the mouse over the science count.  You will get a tool tip with some more stats in it.

Ha! Awesome :)

5 hours ago, Z-Key Aerospace said:

If you want to give the a go edit "science.cfg."

How do I make it so, e.g. "Flying over Kerbin's Runway" or "Flying over Kerbin's VAB Main Building" or "Flying over Kerbin's Tracking Station Dish North" count as valid by editing it?

I didn't see any obvious way to select the KSC biomes, but maybe I'm just stupid.

1 hour ago, Hello :-) said:

How do I make it so, e.g. "Flying over Kerbin's Runway" or "Flying over Kerbin's VAB Main Building" or "Flying over Kerbin's Tracking Station Dish North" count as valid by editing it?

I didn't see any obvious way to select the KSC biomes, but maybe I'm just stupid.

You cant add to the list only restrict it.

If you want to put splashed at mountain or splashed at highlands back you can remove the filters.

On 19/05/2017 at 3:53 AM, Bombaatu said:

Actually I think that lot should already be in the latest version.

I have working versions of [x] Science!, Tac Fuel Balancer and Protractor for KSP1.3.  I'll get them tested and released over the weekend, with any luck.

BTW I'm planning to add a filter to remove "Baikerbanur" as it will be coming up as "Shores" not "Grasslands."  It won't stop you getting the science but it will stop [x] Science! getting it wrong.

Edited by Z-Key Aerospace

hmm so I am slow on the uptake I guess as I never realized that there was a "here and now" function to this mod.

so with this in mind i'll ask the next logical question.  is there any plan to make this mod do the job of automated science sampler?  as in automatically run the experiments and transmit the data etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.